5th February 2011, 01:19 AM
ilaitkarraj

Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

Bank PO Exam Min Eligibility is 60% in graduation and for SC/ST 55%
According to this I am not Eligible on the graduation Basis

But in Post Graduation I have 59% am I now Eligible for Bank PO?

5th February 2011, 08:38 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

I am very sorry to say you that you are not eligible to apply for bank PO exam as according to you you don't have sufficient marks in your graduation .

If you see the eligibility criteria for a Bank PO , it is strictly written that you must have atleast 60%(in most of the cases) in your graduation . if you don't have enough marks in graduation then there is no meaning of marks in post graduation for applying for this post.

It considers the graduation percentage not the post graduation percentage.it is always considered to have some higher eduction or degree and it is an extra advantage.

HENCE YOU ARRE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BANK PO
5th February 2011, 09:20 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

For most of the Bank's PO aptitute examination, the minimum educational qualification is to be Graduate.

Percentage required to be eligible may vary from Bank to Bank, i.e it is generally 60%.

But you are eligible for Bank's Clerical aptitute exam for which the percentage required is in between 55% to 60%.

You have stated that your post graduation prcentage is 59%, even than you may not be eligible for PO exam as minimum % for this is 60%. If you belong to sc/st community than you may be eligible on the basis of your post graduation.
5th February 2011, 12:17 PM
simran kaur20389

Hi dear
yes you are eligible for the PO exams for bank. definitely.

All the very best
5th February 2011, 04:54 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

Hi

You are still not eligible for the bank PO exam. Because the minimum percentage required for the bank PO exam is 60% which is must for every candidate except the candidates belonging to some reserve category.

The detailed eligibility criteria of various banks is given below. You can also check it out from here:

1.Candidates having 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard and 55% aggregate marks in Graduation are eligible to appear for this exam.

2. Candidates who belongs to SC/ST/PWD category should have 55% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma and 50% aggregate marks in Graduation. Such candidates are eligible to appear for this exam.

But if you have higher qualification in CA or CWA or CFA or CS (company secretary) then graduation is not compulsory and you are eligible for this exam.

So you should have the above eligibility in order to appear in bank PO exam.

GOOD LUCK
5th February 2011, 05:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

You Have Scored 60% Marks In Class 12th Or In Graduation And 55% Marks In Your Post Graduation, Then You Are Eligible to Appear In Bank PO Entrance Exams.

And To Appear In Bank PO Exams Your Age Not Below Than 21 years and Not Above 30 Years. And In This Exams You Will Get Objective Type Questions And The Question Consists Of Reasoning Ability Test, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness/Computer Knowledge, English Language.

So, As Per The Eligiblity You Are Eligible To Appear In Bank P.O Examination. So, Please Work Hard If You Really Want To get Bank Jobs.
5th February 2011, 06:06 PM
ak471

No, if you have not 60% marks in graduation you are not elgible for Bank PO exam. This percentage is also required in graduation according to government rule.
5th February 2011, 06:16 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

yes you are absolutely eligible as per your percentage said in post graduate and also

minimum eligiblity criteria is One must completed his graduation with atleast of

55% aggreagate and 12th class with a percentage of 60% for probationary..
5th February 2011, 10:26 PM
kumar Mitesh

the minimum percentage for bank PO is 60%in graduation and 55%in post graduation.....and also according to age limit it is not above 30years and not below 21 years....
if you fulfill your age criteria then you are eligible for the bank PO post as you got 59% in post graduation which is more than 55%....
so work hard and go on....
thank you
10th February 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 65% marks in MCA & not eligible as per Graduation?
11th February 2011, 06:44 AM
Unregistered

hello,i have got a call for the interview in the united bank of india (for the post of po)2011.I have completed 80 hours computer course from Tata infotech (Basics, MS Word ,Foxpro) and also had computers in xiith .I have certificates from both...but they have specified a six months computer course from any government /aicte approved institute...Are my degrees eligible or I have to get a more specific one? Also after doing my graduation in lifesciences (70%) I was selected for BDS ...Iam now completing my internship but I have not mentioned about my BDS status in the form of po....So should i discuss about it in the interview if asked about the gap years?Please suggest
15th February 2011, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

I'm completing my CFA with 57% aggregate but 45% in bcom(hons)and 70% in 10 2.So m i elligible for PO exam.PLZ. help me urgently as last date for submisssion comes earlier
18th February 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

i am sc candidate, i got only 55% in graduation. so whether am i eligible for bank po or not??
19th February 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

so if we people doesnt gave 60% in graduation we are not applicable for writing bank exams are u sure ?? is their any other process for us
23rd February 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

hi i have 55% in 10 2 and 73% in graduation. Am I eligible to appear at the Bank P.O. exam.
27th February 2011, 07:58 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility Criteria for Bank PO Exam:
•Candidate must be citizen of India.
•Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.
6th April 2011, 11:03 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Your post graduation marks have no value for the bank's PO post.

The minimum educational criteria is 55% in graduation for general and 50% for SC/ST.

So if you do not fit to the condition, then I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible.
7th April 2011, 09:40 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

sorry to say, you can't apply for Bank PO exam with 59% marks in graduation.

as minimum 60% marks in graduation is require to join in Bank PO for general candidate.

for ST/SC candidate it is 55%.

age limit 21-28 years.

all the best...........
8th April 2011, 06:07 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Hey friend,

For writing the Bank PO exam you must satisfy the rules concerned for the exam.As far as about the rules you are not eligible for the exam.

Eligibility:

1. Candidates m8st be above 21 years of age and below 30 years of age.

2. Candidates must have a graduated degree from a recognized university with 60%
aggregate and for ST\SC it is 55%.

3. The main thing is that the candidates must have a knowledge of computers and must
know to work in MS office.

Thank You.
14th April 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 45% in graduation and 65% in Post Graduation Diploma in Mass Communication.Am I eligible for the post of Probationary Exam?
15th April 2011, 02:23 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 45% in graduation and 65% in Post Graduation Diploma in Mass Communication.Am I eligible for the post of Probationary Exam?
I am sorry to say you are not eligible for Bank PO exams. You do not satisfy eligibility criteria for Bank PO

Here is

Eligibility criteria for Bank job:-

For Bank P.O:

Age limit:

Minimum 21 years – Maximum 30 years for general category candidates
For OBC 3 years relaxation

For SC/ST/Ex- service personnel 5 years

For physically handicap 10 years

Educational Qualification:

Graduate with minimum 55% marks aggregate from recognized University.

For CLERK in Bank:

Age limit:

Minimum 18 years – Maximum 28 years for general category

For OBC 3 years relaxation

For SC/ST/Ex- service personnel 5 years

For physically handicap 10 years

Educational Qualification: 12th passed or equivalent with 55%.

These criteria varies from bank to bank so please visit official website of banks.

So, try for other jobs

All the Best...
15th April 2011, 08:04 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaitkarraj View Post

hi

eligibility

the eligibility is based on the graduation percentage..... and

the minimum percentage should be 60% to write a po exam...in your graduation .......and some bank ask for 55% (Punjab national bank etc)only as the minimum qualification..........

-- and post graduation add to your qualification ....it is not an eligibility criteria for po..........
relaxation : SC/st --50%..

Age limit:

Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

relaxation

sc/st candidates 5 years
obc candidates 3 years

best of luck
18th April 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Hi

My degree percentage is 73.4% without language subject and 72.3% including all subject which percentage should i consider for applying bank exam?
19th April 2011, 03:20 PM
Nazu_khurana

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

The eligibility for Bank PO exam is based on the graduation percentage and
the minimum percentage should be 60% to write a po exam in your graduation and some bank ask for 55% (Punjab national bank etc) only as the minimum qualification.

And Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

Post graduation just add to your qualification, it is not an eligibility criteria for PO exam.

Percentage:
relaxation for SC/st is 50%.

Age limit:
relaxation for sc/st candidates 5 years
4th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

hi friend, you can be eligible by giving 12th 60% and graduate 55% marks.

Keep this in your mind, and don't worry these marks and all.

So , Prepare for your exam and Score more.

All the best.
11th May 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

i have secured 55% in 12th class and i have got 60% in graduation .......am i eligible for the bank po exam
15th May 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

for clerk in bank how many percentage require in 2 and bs.c both?
3rd August 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

which subjects we have to study for the post po?please write there names.
4th August 2011, 04:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

dear friend,

for bank po exam the minimum qualification is graduate. also you must score 55% in graduation.

for sbi po exam this percentage is 60% above.

and your age should be between 23 to 30 years age. age relaxation is provide for sc/st/obc candidate.

all the best
15th August 2011, 03:16 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Quote:
Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam after 59% marks in PG & not eligible as per Graduation?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/eligibility-bank-po-exam-after-59-marks-pg-not-eligible-per-graduation-82125.html#ixzz1V5MJe9fr
yes you are eligible as minimum eligibility for po exam is you should obtain minimum 60% marks in graduation
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bank eligibility(1).pdf(136.4 KB, 96 views)
21st August 2011, 01:06 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Your not eligible for the po examination . because your percentage of marks is low when compare to the eligibility criteria for bank exam .i provide the details for the po examination .

Education Qualification of Bank P.O Examination :

you should be qualified for under graduation course in any stream with good percentage of marks in recognized university . some bank are provide relaxation percentage to the sc/st candidates for 55% percentage of marks . most of the banks are give first preference to the commerce candidates , ca graduates , mba candidates etc.....

Age Limit for the P.O Examination :

You age should be 21 to 28 years . if your belonging from the following category then the relaxation period is given to you ;

SC/ST candidates for 5 years

O.B.C and other backward candidates for 3 years ,

Extra Qualification for the P.O Officer :

if you want to become and po officer , you should be have knowledge in accounts and management . you also try to finished the computer course and type writing course that course certificate will help in the interview to get the job .

So if you have this qualification then you definitely become an po officer there is no doubt .
8th October 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I ve got 53.7% in 12th class, so am i eligible for bank po exam???????????????
Sir plz reply as fast as possible
12th October 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i am a sc student i got 61.16 per in 10th and 60 per in 12th from up bord and i got 54.51 in b.com sir am i eligeble for bank po exam send information fastly regarding vikash katariya
25th October 2011, 12:57 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

eligibility

the eligibility is based on the graduation percentage..... and

the minimum percentage should be 60% to write a po exam...in your graduation .......and some bank ask for 55% (Punjab national bank etc)only as the minimum qualification..........

-- and post graduation add to your qualification ....it is not an eligibility criteria for po..........
relaxation : SC/st --50%..

Age limit:

Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

relaxation

sc/st candidates 5 years
obc candidates 3 years

best of luck
21st November 2011, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

sir,i hav 60% in intermediate n 47% in graduation can i eligible for bank pio?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?