21st July 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Entrance procedure into the IISc for Ph.D

Iam doing my M.Sc biotechnology and iam eager in knowing the details of syllabus and entrance procedure to get into the Ph.D at IISc

22nd July 2010, 01:02 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance procedure into the IISc for Ph.D

Dear friend
For PhD entry IISc conducts its own entrance test.
The test held in Apr this year and the same way it will be next year.
For all the respective details regarding PhD entrance you can visit the following websites.

http://updates.highereducationinindia.com/2010/iisc-bangalore-admission-2010-2391.php
http://entrance-exam.net/iisc-2010-integrated-phd/
http://entrance-exam.net/iisc-2010-phdmscengg/
http://www.iisc.ernet.in/

Thank You
22nd July 2010, 02:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to join the Phd. programme(biotechemistry) in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a Master’s degree with second class for general candidate and pass class for SC/ST,in any of the following subject:
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology or any branch of Biological Sciences (with Chemistry as subsidiary at the B Sc level) or
M Pharm or M V Sc or M Sc (Agriculture) or MBBS orM Tech or equivalent degree in Biotechnology.

To qualify for the Phd programme in biotechnology, you will need to write the entrance test conducted by IISc.
Successful candidates are called for an interview conducted at IISc, Bangalore.

For further information, please visit the official website of the institute.
www.iisc.ernet.in
22nd July 2010, 06:25 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Entrance procedure into the IISc for Ph.D

ADMISSION TO IISC FOR Ph.D

As you are pursuing MSc. in Biotechnology , so you are eligible to apply for admissions into Phd from IISC, the all is you need is to apply for it and notification regarding it is already has been published , to see it click HERE .

::: You need to appear in any one of the tests , among the following listed below :::

~CSIR-UGC NET for JRF

~UGC-NET for JRF

~DBT JRF

~ICMR JRF

~JEST

~NBHM

~GATE

~IISC entrance test

But if you hasn't applied , than nothing to worry , you can apply for it and on the basis of an interview , you could be selected for it's phd programs ..

But as the date has passed this year which was 23.03.2010 , so you need to apply next year and the last date to apply will be nearer to this year one i.e. in the month of march ..

Keep visiting the website http://www.iisc.ernet.in

]Regards
~satish
22nd July 2010, 09:28 PM
Rupaksinha

You must fulfill the following criterion......
Selection is based on individual’s performance in the interview to be conducted at the IISc. Desirable: qualifying in one of the tests; IISc Entrance Test, CSIR-UGC NET for JRF,UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF,ICMR JRF, GATE,NBHM, etc
22nd July 2010, 10:26 PM
odc

if you want to be admitted in the IISc then you can just give the entrance exam conducted by IISc. after the entrance exam they select you on the basis of the interview sessions.
the syllabus of this entrance exam is 10+2 level physics & maths and 10+2+3 level of chemistry & biology, which means you have to concentrate more on the chemistry and biology subject. the biology means all aspects of biology like general,botany,zoology,microbiology,immunology,bio technology,etc.
best of luck
23rd July 2010, 04:51 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

IISc is for Indian Institute of Science and the syllabus for the PHd level is

PhD in Science: Astronomy & Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, High Energy Physics, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Materials Research, Mathematics, Microbiology & Cell Biology, Molecular Biophysics, Molecular Reproduction, Development & Genetics, Neuroscience, Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Solid State & Structural Chemistry.

If you are interested in joining the IISc you can fill up the application form from the website http://www.iisc.ernet.in/.

For this you will have to pay the demand draft of Rs700 for general candidate and 350 for the SC/ST candidate .

You can also fill up the form manually by taking the application form fromthe ccanara bank on the payment of Rs600 for general candidate and 300 for the SC/ST candidate.

All the best.
28th July 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

wat is the syllabus for phd entrance in chemistry.can one who is doing msc in chemistry through distance education apply for phd entrance in chemistry.
arunima
18th August 2010, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

wht is the syllabus for the entrance exam for the subject electronic communication engineering. i want to do P.hD in wireless technology. Please provide the details. P.hD in Engineering.
23rd September 2010, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

wht is the syllabus of int phd in bilogical sciences.aslso tell me abt the notificaton of exam n pattern of entrance exam.
27th September 2010, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the date to apply iisc 2011 phd notificationn in chemistry
28th September 2010, 10:14 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

YPU CAN VISIT TO THE SITEShttp:
//updates.highereducationinindia.com/2010/iisc-bangalore-admission-2010-2391.php
educational qualification required to join the Phd. programme(biotechemistry) in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a Master’s degree with second class for general candidate and pass class for SC/ST
BEST OF LUCK
1st October 2010, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

please can u tell me when is the entrance test for Ph.D programme in iisc for the year 2011.i would like to do reasearch in nano science and nanotechnology.
31st October 2010, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

can we join in mid of the year
17th November 2010, 11:24 AM
vineesha

hi sir,
i CH.Vineesha completed M.Tech(Transportation Engineering) in june 2010 from NIT Warangal. I want to do Ph.D at IISC Banglore. Can you please tell me the procedure for Ph.D.
thanking you sir,

Yours Sincerely,
Ch.vineesha
28th November 2010, 05:03 AM
Unregistered

I want to join in NIAS shimla.what is the proceedure to joining?
19th December 2010, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am an engineering graduate and having a masters degree in computer science and currently working in a software company in a private sector in bangalore. I would like to apply for Phd in computer science engineering in indian institute of science bangalore. Can i know what is the procedure? Whom should i contact and what is the syllabus if an entrance test is there?

Thanks in advance. It would b helpful if i am provided with some details regarding this.
21st December 2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Iam Guruprasad K.V. i comleted M.TECH in V.L.S.I. DESIGN AND EMBEDDED SYSTEM and iam eager to knowing the details of syllabus and entrance procedure and important examination dates to get into the Ph.D at IISc. Another thing let me know that i dont have ny GATE rank so will it affects me to get into IISC.?
21st December 2010, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, i completed masters degree in VLSI DESIGN AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS and currently working as lecturer for engineering college in bangalore. I would like to apply for Phd in Image Processing at indian institute of science bangalore. Can i know what is the procedure? Whom should i contact and what is the syllabus if an entrance test is there?
27th December 2010, 03:34 PM
p.chiranjeevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam doing my M.Sc biotechnology and iam eager in knowing the details of syllabus and entrance procedure to get into the Ph.D at IISc

The iisc entrance for ph.d is only for the biochemistry but you also join into this course
when you got the rank in iisc entrance exam .The syllabus for the entrance test is the
biochemistry basics from molecular level to the all metabolisms in the organisms including animals and plants .And the genetic's questions also will be given to you in the test.
28th December 2010, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i want to know the syllabus of ecological sciences for iisc banagalore entrnce
30th December 2010, 11:20 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the entrance procedure into the IISc for Ph.D is given in detailed in its official you can go through it in the website:
www.iisc.ernet.in
3rd January 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

the entrance procedure into the IISc for Phd is given in detailed in ites offcial you can go through it in the website;www.iisc,ernet.in
18th January 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am new To this forum.I am an ME CSE student pursuing Final year.Can any one help me in finding Best Institute for Phd in Computer Science Engineering in and arround Bangalore.and corresponding eligibility criteria and admission process.
8th February 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m working as assistant professor in a college ,i hv completed my probation period, now i would like to admit to IISc. for Ph.D. by leave.plz guige me
9th February 2011, 03:41 PM
DEV RAJ SINGH

Smile Re: Entrance procedure into the IISc for Ph.D

Ph.D IN CHEMISTRY 2011
11th February 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i have dine my M.Sc physics and i want to do P.hd. what is the procedure?
18th February 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi. Please Can u tell me what will be the syllabus for entrance test in IISC for admission in Phd with biotechnology?
28th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

can u pls tell me d syllabus 4 ph.d? iam a m.sc biotech student.pls sir......
30th March 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

i could not download my admit card after applying for admission in phd with chemistry. now when i m trying to download the admit card after clicking login , i cant . please help me and reply as early as possible . BISHAKH MONDAL
5th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

i could not download my admit card after applying for admission in phd CHEMISTRY
APPLICATION NO:11107869
NAME:THEANMOZHI
5th April 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I can't download my admit card . will u help me in this regard ? i had submitted online application as well as sent dd.rply me as early as possible .
8th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for IISc entrance Test 2011 for ph.d. in physics online an dalso has sent the application form along with the dd.My question is whether I can download my admit card or I will be sent by POST if I am elligible.
Thank YOU,
Samit Kumar Gupta
12th April 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,applied for phd 2011 but could not down load admit card due to problem with pc, i have application form no 11111397,how t appear in exam?please
14th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I have applied for Ph.D in chemistry by post,but could not receive admit card and my application form no is 11200469. my question is how can I download my admit card or I will be sent by POST if I'm eligible.
Thank you
Saurav Das.
WEST BENGAL.
14/04/2011.
18th April 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have applied for Phd programme at iisc banglore and entrance exam wiil conduct on 24 aprail and i could'nt get my admit card my application number is 11105020 so please tell me how can i download my admit card.
Thank you.
Rajesh Kumar
Delhi University
New Delhi.
18/04/11
20th April 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

i am wanted my admit card application form number 11200849
20th April 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i am wanted my admit card my application form number 11200849 subhash
21st April 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

hello sir I am B.Sc horticulture graduate,seeking admission in iisc biotechnology,I have applied for the exam but havn't got the admit card,as the exam is near plz tell me how to download my hallticket,plz sir reply me soon
23rd April 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOT GETTING ANY LINK TO DOWNLOAD MY ADMIT CARD
MY APPLICATION NUMBER IS- 11107917
PLEASE HELP.
23rd April 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
i have applied for Phd programme at iisc banglore and entrance exam wiil conduct on 24 aprail and i could'nt get my admit card my application number is 11105020 so please tell me how can i download my admit card.
Thank you.
Rajesh Kumar
Delhi University
New Delhi.
18/04/11

dont worry not getting admit card..
this is a common problem..
it might happend due to some service problem
23rd April 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

dont worry about not getting admit card. it happend for so many people and it might be due to a service problem.
23rd April 2011, 11:56 PM
Manish Kumar Tripathi

The syllabus for the PHd level is-

PhD in Science: Astronomy & Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, High Energy Physics, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Materials Research, Mathematics, Microbiology & Cell Biology, Molecular Biophysics, Molecular Reproduction, Development & Genetics, Neuroscience, Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Solid State & Structural Chemistry.

You can know more from the website http://www.iisc.ernet.in/.
2nd June 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
Myself Kedar B.B.I have applied For Ph.D. and also cracked IIsc entrance exam held at 24 th april. now I want to change my department preferences. What can i do?
28th July 2011, 11:24 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

For PhD entry IISc conducts its own entrance test.
The test held in Apr this year and the same way it will be next year.
For all the respective details regarding PhD entrance you can visit the following websites.

http://updates.highereducationinindia.com/2010/iisc-bangalore-admission-2010-2391.php
http://entrance-exam.net/iisc-2010-phdmscengg/
http://www.iisc.ernet.in/

Thanks
30th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

hi myself shikha from himachal......i would like to know, is their any enterence test in IISc for the student with DST-INSPIRE fellowship?please help me i am waiting for your early reply...thanks
31st August 2011, 09:33 AM
rana2011
Banned

The minimum educational qualification required to join the Phd. programme(biotechemistry) in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a Master’s degree with second class for general candidate and pass class for SC/ST,in any of the following subject:
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology or any branch of Biological Sciences (with Chemistry as subsidiary at the B Sc level) or
M Pharm or M V Sc or M Sc (Agriculture) or MBBS orM Tech or equivalent degree in Biotechnology.

For further information, please visit the official website of the institute:-
www.iisc.ernet.in

Thanks!!
17th October 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

hi i am suman! Can I get Phd from IISc with DST inspire fellowship.I have done M.Sc in genetics but haven't cleared any CSIR exams.Should i write IISC entrance test?
9th November 2011, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, i am pursuing my masters degree in machine design . I would like to apply for Phd at indian institute of science bangalore. Can i know what is the procedure? Whom should i contact and what is the syllabus if an entrance test is there
10th February 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I have done my M Tech in thermal power engg from VTU and wish to persue PhD in Mechanical engg. Should i take the entrance test . How do I apply for PhD
I am working as Asst prof in SIT, Tumkur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?