6th November 2015, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Is GRE good or GATE? Which exam is beneficial for Engineering students?

I am studying Engineering. I want to know if GRE is better for me or GATE. Please tell me in detail?

6th November 2015, 10:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GRE good or GATE? Which exam is beneficial for Engineering students?

You can take any coaching whether it is GRE or GATE based on your interest. If you are interested to pursue your higher studies in Abroad Universities, you must have to appear in GRE examination. If you are interested to pursue your higher studies in Master's degree courses like M.Tech, M.E, etc., you must have to appear in GATE examination. So, I suggest you to opt for any examination based on your future plans and interest.
7th November 2015, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GRE good or GATE? Which exam is beneficial for Engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying Engineering. I want to know if GRE is better for me or GATE. Please tell me in detail?
GRE and GATE are different type exam.

GATE exam is conducted for admission in M.Tech, Ph.D course.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE exam doesn't require any kind of percentage marks in 12th or bachelor or masters progrmme.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.
7th November 2015, 03:33 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

GRE is Graduate Record Examinations; it is for the purpose of admission to MS course in USA.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering; it is for the admission to the Post Graduate courses like M.E/M.Tech.

So both examinations are different type for different purposes.

If you want to study in abroad like USA then you have to clear GRE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?