12th June 2018, 04:34 PM
Manish Shah 2189

In which field I should pursue my graduation in order to crack the UPSC exam at first attempt?

I have taken up Arts subject in 11th grade CBSE and intend to further make my career in civil services applying by giving UPSC exams. Which is the correct platform by which I can attain my dreams and apply for the same?

14th June 2018, 09:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which field I should pursue my graduation in order to crack the UPSC exam at first attempt?

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service Examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. So, you have to do better preparation with dedication, determination and devotion as per syllabus of examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 09:08 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which field I should pursue my graduation in order to crack the UPSC exam at first attempt?

1. Arts stream are more suitable for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination. The syllabus of exam has resemblance with subjects like History, Geography, Economics, Political science and Constitution.

2. You can select arts stream at 12th level then do specialization in any subject which you would like to select as optional subject. Study well with proper dedication and determination to crack exam in first attempt.
15th June 2018, 09:41 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) is considered as mother of all examination and candidates have to do hard and smart work to qualify in the examination.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examination.

You are in 11th std now, so if you will focus on preparation for examination from now ( go through NCERT books, make habit of writing Essay or on important topics, reading newspaper ) you will become eligible to appear and qualify in examination.

For syllabus and any other query regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 03:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can opt any of the stream as well as from any subject.
Graduation degree is important to be eligible for UPSC entrance examination.
You have to select an optional subject in UPSC entrance test. It should be any of them like- History, Political Science, Psychology etc.

Selection procedure-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?