15th April 2017, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

What should I do next to become an IPS officer after completion of 12th standard?

Hello Sir/Mam, I am shivangi of class +2 and my stream is non medical and I want to become an IPS officer what to do sir? Can you please reply I am so confused. Please provide me the complete information soon. Awaiting for the response.

15th April 2017, 07:57 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do next to become an IPS officer after completion of 12th standard?

To join Indian Police Services, you need to apply for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services exam is 21 years.

After 10+2, you must pursue bachelor's degree from a recognized university. In final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for this exam.

There are three stages of this exam:

Civil Services Preliminary exam.

Mains exam.

Personal interview.
15th April 2017, 08:11 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do next to become an IPS officer after completion of 12th standard?

To become an IPS officer after completion of your 12th standard from a Government recognized board, you have to pursue your Bachelor's degree course in any stream of your interest from a Government recognized university . After completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a recognized university, you can apply for IPS examination. You should be within the age range of 21-32 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
15th April 2017, 08:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to apply for Civil Service Examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. You are at present in standard 10+2. You need to first pass your senior secondary then enroll in bachelor's degree course in any discipline.

You can pursue bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice because candidates from all discipline of bachelor's degree are eligible for Civil Services examination. You can pursue courses like MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BHMS, B.Sc etc. In final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for Civil Services exam.

The age limit for this exam is 21-32 years. OBC candidates get three years upper age relaxation and SC/ST candidate get five years age relaxation. You must clear all three levels of this exam to join Indian Police Services.
15th April 2017, 09:45 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit to appear for examination.

So, first and foremost you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination. Candidates are eligible to pursue degree in any discipline.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. You must start preparation for examination from 1st year as according to syllabus of examination.

For syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 09:56 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. As per my suggestion you can do any graduation in any discipline from a well known recognized university. After that you can apply for IPS examination.For this examination candidate must have passed Graduation from a recognized university. The age of candidates must be in between 21 to 30 years. There is no minimum percentage are required to apply for the IPS Examination.

NO OF ATTEMPT

=> General Category-4 times

=> OBC-7 times

=> SC/ST-Unlimited times
15th April 2017, 10:35 AM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

To become an IPS Officer Qualification is graduation from any recognised university. So, you need to complete graduation after 12th Standard. Once graduation was done you need to crack upsc exams. IAS, IPS AND IFS will come under UPSC Category. Top Ranker was eligible to be an IAS officer and next ranker was eligible to be an IPS Officer.

To crack UPSC Exams you need to do so much ground work. You need to go through daily updates from News Papers, Competitive Books, Manorama Year Books etc.,

UPSC exams will be in three stages. 1. Preliminary 2. Main 3. Interview

To be an IPS officer we should be mentally and physically it.

You can get study materials online or outside in xerox centres near study circles. In Hyderabad RC Reddy study Circle was good to crack UPSC Exams.
15th April 2017, 10:55 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and for joining the same to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

iv) Also for this wing of Civil Services you also need to physical fitness criteria as per the service requirement.

So being a student of Class 12th in order to be an IPS officer you first need to complete your graduation degree and then qualify Civil Services examination.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 11:06 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer, you need to firstly complete your graduation from any recognized university.

Then, during final year or after completing it, you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam which is conducted for recruitment to IAS, IPS, IFS, etc.

Physical Requirements required for becoming IPS are:

You need to qualify three stages for becoming IPS:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
For getting better results in IPS Exam, you can join coachings like:
Ujjwal IAS Academy
Address: Head Office: B-18, Top floor. Satija house
City: Mukherjee nagar
State: Delhi-110009
Phone No: +91-9213389333, +91-9868088370
Email: [email protected]

IMS (Institute of Mathematical Sciences)
Head Office:105--106,Top 2nd floor,Mukherjee Tower,Dr.Mukherjee Nagar,North Delhi,New Delhi-9.Branch office:87,1st Floor,Old Rajendra Nagar,New Delhi-60.
Contact Person: A.Sunitha, Phone: 09999329111 ,09999197625
E-Mail: [email protected]

LORD KRISHNA IAS ACADEMY
Address: J-11/49, first floor, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-27.
State: New Delhi-110009
Phone: 09873694016, 09350194016, 09873694016.
E.Mail: [email protected]

CLASSIC IAS ACADEMY
Address: UG 33-34, ANSAL CHAMBER-I, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
State: New Delhi - 110066
Phone: 32323293, 32323294, 9310034050, 9310034060
Web : www.classiciasacademy.com
Email : [email protected],enquiry@classiciasa cademy.com

Khan Study Group
Address: 2521, Hudson Line, Vijay Nagar Chowk, Near Kingsway Camp Metro Station
Phone: 011-27130786,011-27132786 ,27131786
Phones : 011-45170303,011-45170303, 47640303
City: Delhi

ETEN IAS ACADEMY
Contact Person : Anuj Sharma
Address : 2nd Flr, Batra Cinema, Mukherjee Nagar,
City : New Delhi,
State : New Delhi,
Phone : 011-45500143
Web Site : www.etenias.com
E-Mail : [email protected]

JTS Institute
City: New Delhi
Address: JTS Institute, #203, II Floor, Apsara Arcade, Opposite Karol Bagh Metro Station, New Delhi 110005. Telephone: 011- 43044212/ 43044213/ 43044214
State:New Delhi - 110066

Delhi Law Academy
Address:74,Satya Niketan,Dhaula kuan,New Delhi
Phone:9911916552 , 9990908557

INDIANCIVILS
Address:9-4-86/271 Salarjung Colony, Tolichowki, Hyderabad.
City: Hyderabad
Contact Person:Venkanna
Phone: 9000018827

Destination IAS academy
Address: 206,IInd floor, Jyoti Bhawan, Dr.Mukherjee Nagar.
Phone No: +919911945480

Vedanta IAS Academy
Address: A-53 Prashant Vihar Sec-14 Rohini
City: Delhi
Phone: 47035150
Web Site: www.vedantaiasacademy.com
Contact Person: SP Verma

VVR (An Institute For IAS Examination)
Address: Head Office: 105-106, Top Floor Mukherjee Tower, Mukherjee Nagar, New Delhi - 110009
City: Branch Office: 25/8, Old Rajender Nagar Market, Delhi - 110060
State: Delhi
Phone: 011-45629987, 09999329111, 09999197625
Web Site: www.vvrias.com
Contact Person: A. Sunitha

Royal IAS academy
Address: 642, Dr. Mukherjee Nagar, 3rd floor, Above Agarwal sweets
City: Delhi- 110009.
State: Delhi
Phone: 09999570943, 09811634241
Web Site: www.royalias.com
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Contact Person: Srikanth bhagat

Some of the good reference books for IPS exam are:

Trishna's CSAT: Supercourse in English Language Comprehension and Reading Comprehension (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 215

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper 2) 2015 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 740

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination Paper - 1 (2014) (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 1,250

CSAT 2015 (Paper II) Volume - 1 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 459
15th April 2017, 11:34 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

For being an IPS officer you have to complete your graduation first. Only after that you can apply for IPS exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC all over India. The exam will be conducted in three stages :
1. Written exam
2. Physical test &
3. Interview

Thanks
15th April 2017, 11:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to appear for Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination as according to stream of your choice.

There is no need to get confused as you are eligible to pursue any course of your choice but you need to focus on preparation for examination, so that you can qualify in examination and achieve your goal. To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 12:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The one who is interested to become IPS officer, has to complete graduation in whatever stream he or she interested as you have completed your 12th with non medical stream so now you can complete your graduation with bachelor of science or any other degree course in which you are eligible and interested.
Once you will completed graduation you will be eligible to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
To appear in this exam you must have age in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved students of SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
15th April 2017, 01:06 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

After intermediate you need to complete graduation. Then only you will be eligible for UPSC exam. It is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria are given below:-

Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university or college.

Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in graduation.

Candidate age- 21 years- 40 years.

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Examination procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Interview
15th April 2017, 01:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer the minimum eligibility criteria is graduation. So now you are in 12th standard after completing your graduation you are eligible to become an IPS officer.

Eligibility for IPS exam:-

Candidate should have completed graduation in any steam from a recognised University

The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit 30 years

Age relaxation as per government rules:-

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 year age relaxation for SC / ST candidates

IPS physical standards:-

Number of Attempts:-

General candidates : 4 times

OBC candidates: 7 times

SC/ ST candidates : No limit

Selection Process:-

Main Examination

Preliminary Examination

Interview.
15th April 2017, 01:37 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

To appear in entrance exam for IPS officer, you have to complete graduation degree from any well recognised institute/university. So, after completion of 12th standard, apply for admission in any graduation degree and in the final year of graduation degree, you can apply for IPS entrance exam.
IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year. Try to solve previous papers for getting an idea about the syllabus and exam pattern. Be regular in study to get more score.
15th April 2017, 03:09 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

First step after 12th standard is bachelor's degree because the minimum qualification for this examination is graduation passed or appearing for final year examination of bachelor's degree.

The minimum age limit for exam is 21 years.

You can apply for this exam after graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?