8th June 2012, 10:19 PM
UTSAB Banerjee

Is it possible to prepare for IES and GET exam?

Is it possible to prepare for get and ies exam at a time....pleaes tell me the answer

12th July 2012, 03:07 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to prepare for IES and GET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSAB Banerjee View Post
Is it possible to prepare for get and ies exam at a time....pleaes tell me the answer
Yes, you can prepare for GATE and IES simultaneously. There is no problem is doing both of these. As syllabus and pattern are almost same.

Its fact that most of the people who appear for IES, also appear for GATE, as in case they don't get selected in IES, they can get job through GATE ranking.

Most of the coaching provide combined coaching for IES and GATE exam.
The difference in exams is, IES exam includes questions on GS and English as well. Also IES is subjective and objective, whereas GATE only have objective technical questions.

For GATE, there is only one exam, while IES has 6 exams, and then interview.

So, if you prepare for IES, then you can also write GATE exam too. GATE is conducted in February while IES in MAy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?