20th January 2011, 06:14 PM
dhabal

Full details about NDA exam?

SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class xi science ( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..

22nd January 2011, 12:09 AM
sambrita

Default Re: Full details about NDA exam?

hi, dhabal,
those who are xii passed can appear for nda exam however who are still in class xii but not given exam can also apply for nda provided they produce the marksheet aft the exam. check upsc website for dates.

gud luck.
15th February 2011, 07:18 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can join after completion of 12th standard provided you pursued the course from a recognised institute. You are also eligible to apply if you will complete the course by the time of the joining date. There is a minimum age requirement of 16 1/2 years and a maximum limit of 19 years. You are appearing for the exam next year then surely you must start preparing for the exam right away.
20th February 2011, 05:27 PM
ankurloonia

YOU HAVE TO GIVE NDA entrance exam, you can easily clear it if you are good at doing objective ques. it is held twice an year that is april and august, if you clear it you will get an call letter for an SSB interview.. their if you clear screaning aptitude test then u will be tested for 4 more days if u clear that even than their will be an medical test of ur body...if get clearence then after 2 months an all india merit list will be formed if u get ur name their... great u'll be a Lt. after 3 years of B.Sc. from JNU

for more details check out....

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

on the right column click on examination ...their you will know all about NDA form, exam and guidelines, etc
18th March 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i take to do nda
19th March 2011, 05:54 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

National Defence Academy Examination

Eligibility Criteria:

Marital Status and gender: Unmarried male candidates

Educational Qualification:
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Nationality - A candidate must be either
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India).
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. However, the certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Physical Fitness:
Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.

For more details, please refer to www.upsc.gov.in or the Entrance Notification in Employment news paper.

regards
Kapila
22nd March 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

I m getting 55% marks in pcm in 12 .can i give nda exam
25th March 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I am reading in class 11 can I Join NDA Institute.And where i will get NDA Form and time left for applying
27th March 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I have taken commerce in 11th can i appear for NDA (Air Force).
8th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
Now i am studing 12th standard...of group m.e.c in tirupathi,..
Can i join into n.d.a....??
11th April 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum height, weigth, chest length for the northeast candidates?
17th April 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 3rd december 11992 ..nd this yr i given 12 class board xams .......may i appear in this xam .........
22nd April 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for nda exam if i am studying in class XI
25th April 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i'm a 22yr.gal graduate also with B.A.pass and want to join nda, can i join? and what about weight and hight crietria???
26th April 2011, 12:01 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Thumbs up Re: Full details about NDA exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabal View Post
SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class xi science ( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..
Dear frend,

The National Defence Academy, Pune

You can take the NDA entrance exam right after class XI. Clear the UPSC

exam and a 5-day Service Selection Board interview, pass your medicals, and

you're in NDA. Three years in NDA and you will be a much improved person.

Apart from providing graduation degrees, NDA has the finest infrastructure for

professional training. You'll find phenomenal opportunities to develop your

personality and cultivate new interests.

There are 31 extra-curricular activities to choose from. You have aero-

modeling, golf, gliding, sailing, wind surfing, astronomy, photography and many

more. For more details about NDA KHADAKWASLA visit websitewww.nda.nic.in

Best f luck
26th April 2011, 02:47 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY

National Defence Academy is a Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force are trained together before they go on to pre-commissioning training to their respective service academies.

Applicants to the NDA are selected via a written exam conducted by the UPSC, followed by extensive interviews covering general aptitude, psychological testing, team skills as well as physical and social skills, along with medical tests.

Eligibility Criteria of NDA Examination:-

1. XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities for Army and with Physics and Maths for Air Force /Navy Candidate appearing for above examination can also apply.

2.Unmarried male candidates only

3. Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

Here i have attached the Notification pdf of NDA (II)-2011 examination.

For applying online please visit official website of UPSC i.e http://www.upsc.gov.in

For details of NDA please visit http://nda.nic.in/html/nda-admission-details.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 294 views)
28th April 2011, 12:24 AM
hengam

[QUOTE=dhabal;330807]SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class xi science ( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..will you plese tell me all informayoin about nda,selection procedure.
4th May 2011, 12:46 PM
robin prasher

i'm a 22yr.gal graduate also with B.A.pass and want to join nda, can i join? and what about weight and hight crietria?
9th May 2011, 05:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NDA exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

For academic year 2011, NDA I exam was held on 17-04-2011.

NDA II exam is going to be conducted on 21-08-2011

In order to be eligible for NDA exam, one should have completed his 10+2.

A candidate should be unmarried male to be eligible for the exam.

One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

For updated information, you can visit the official website of UPSC.

Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
9th May 2011, 05:59 PM
Roysons

Dear,
NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
It is one of the most prestigious and reputed things to crack the NDA exam.
It is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.
In order to give the NDA exam , the following eligibilities are necessary :-

1.) 10+2 pass students with physics , chemistry , maths with a minimum of 70% are eligible for it.
2.) Only unmarried male candidates are allowed in this . Girls are not allowed.
3.) Age limitation is between 16.5 -19 years.
4.) Minimum height should be 157cm with 5cm chest expansion.
5.) Eyesight should be 6/6 of both the eyes.

Thanks.
9th May 2011, 06:06 PM
Tushar93

Quote:
SIR,
Hello Friend,

The details for NDA exam as below...........

1.Age limit:- 16.5 to 19 yrs

2.Educational Qualification:-
Army- 12th pass or studying in class 12th
Air Force and Navy- 12th pass with Phy and Maths or studying class 12th with
Phy and Maths

3.How to apply
Offline Mode- Buy application form from any Post Office designated by UPSC and send it UPSC either by hand or by post
Online Mode- Visit www.upsconline.nic.in when the notification comes and fill the form online.

For details visit www.upsc.gov.in

Best Of Luck
9th May 2011, 07:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

National Defense Academy exam is conducted by upsc to intake candidate for Defense services.
NDA exam will held twice in a year.(NDA-I,NDA-II)
NDA-1 exam notification will release in the month of October every year.And exam will be held in the month of April.

NDA-II exam notification will release in the month of April/May every year.And exam will be held in the month of August.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

Education qualification:
Candidate should have minimum 12th standard with PCM course from any recognized university.
Age eligibility:
Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years

If you fulfill with above criteria,then you can apply for NDA-II exam,but today is the last date of submitting the application.I hope you may or may not able to submit the application in time.But try,if you are really interested.
To apply the application form,then click here
If you need any clarification,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 156 views)
10th May 2011, 06:59 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

NDA exam is conducted twice in a year.The eligibility is 10+2 pass and age limit is 16 1/2 to 19 yrs.However,students who are appearing for 12th exam can also apply.
5th July 2011, 01:16 AM

hiiiiiiiii.............

Conditions of eligibility

Age limits, sex and marital status:Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1996 are eligible
Educational qualifications

For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th class pass of 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a university

For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 cadet entry scheme of the Indian Naval Academy: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics, conducted by a state education board or a university

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class under 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination

Physical standards: Candidate must be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2011 as given in appendix-V of commission’s notice for the examination published in employment news/rozgar samachar dated 09th April, 2011

How to apply: Candidates may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in, detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the abovementioned website

Candidates may also apply offline in the common application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be purchased from the designated head post offices/post offices (specified in appendix-III of the notice) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs 20/- (Rs twenty only). Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination

In case of any difficulty in obtaining application forms from the designated HPOs/Pos, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post master or UPSC’s forms supply monitoring cell over Tele 011-23389366/Fax 011-23387310

Fee:Candidates applying online are required to pay a reduced fee of Rs 50/- (Rs fifty) only either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card

Candidates applying off-line (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only) through central recruitment fee stamp only

SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fee
best of luck......
7th July 2011, 10:35 PM
R.Amar

Smile preparation of NDA

SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class X th( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..[/QUOTE]
9th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Tushar93

Default Re: preparation of NDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Amar View Post
SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class X th( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..
[/QUOTE]

Hello Friend,

NDA Exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year for Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and for Naval Academy. It is conducted in August and July every year. Here are certain things you need to fulfill.......

Age limit- 16.5 to 19 yrs as on the commencement of the course.

Educational Qualification-
For Army- class 12th any stream
For Navy and Air Force- class 12th with physics and maths
Gender- Male Only

After you fulfill the above requirement, you need to look for notification for NDA Exam on UPSC website and Employment News.
Forms are available at post offices designated by UPSC. The list is available in notification.

As Far as the preparation are concerned, I suggest you make sure your GK is upto date, and your Mathematics and English is strong. Try solving last years papers.

After clearing NDA exam, You will be called for 5 day SSB Interview ,as per the service of your choice, for testing your OLQs(Officer Like Qualities)
After succesfully commpleteing SSB and getting recommesnded you will be medically examined and merit list is prepared as per the marks obtained by candidates in written as well as in SSB. Top candidates are picked up as per the vaccancies and they begin training.

Best Of Luck
29th July 2011, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

SIR, I AM STUDING IN CLASS 10th I WANT TO JOIN NDA CAN YOU PLEASE SENT ME THE COURSES DETALIS AND FIELDS I WANT TO JOIN AIRFORCE PLANES DESIGNING .I HAVE ALSO MADE MY OWN RC CARGO HELI
30th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

when will be the next form will open.
6th August 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i am studying in class xith science (phy,maths,che,eng,and com sc.)and my date of birth is 21/05/1996.Can i appear in nda exam?
7th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Tushar93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir, i am studying in class xith science (phy,maths,che,eng,and com sc.)and my date of birth is 21/05/1996.Can i appear in nda exam?
Friend,

You are very much eligible for NDA exam as XII appearing students can also give NDA exam.
However the last date for NDA 2 2011 exam is over so you have to try for NDA 1 2012 and thereafter.
The basic eligiblity is.........

Age- 16.5 to 18 yrs as on commencement of the course.

Educational Qualification-
For Indian Army- passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks
For Indian Navy and Air Force- passed class 12th with Physics and Maths with min 50% marks

Gender- Male only

For further details visit www. upsc.gov.in

Best Of Luck
4th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

in NDA it is possiple to do aeronitucal engenir
5th September 2011, 08:32 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
SIR,
Hello,

Detail About NDA Examination:-

The NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.The exam is conducted for admission to the Army,Air force and Naval wing of NDA.
To appear for the Army wing the candidate should has passed 10+2 from a recognized Institution.For the admission in the Air wing and Naval wing the candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with subject combination Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.The age of the candidate must not be more then 19.5 years.Only male unmarried candidates are eligible for the Examination.
The notification regarding the examination is published in weekly journal Employment News and all the other leading dailies.

Best Wishes....
5th September 2011, 12:21 PM
vijendradutt

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and is one of the most reputed things to crack the NDA exam.
It is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.
In order to give the NDA exam , the following eligibilities are necessary :-

1.) 10+2 pass students with physics , chemistry , maths with a minimum of 70% are eligible for it.
2.) Only unmarried male candidates are allowed in this . Girls are not allowed.
3.) Age limitation must be upto 19 years.
4.) Minimum height should be 157cm with 5cm chest expansion.
5.) Eyesight should be 6/6 of both the eyes.

bestb of luck
5th September 2011, 05:53 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
NDA stands for national defense academy.. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.. It is an entrance exam to join in Indian defense..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Army wing:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th from a recognized central/state board.

For navy:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th in science with the combination of Physics, chemistry, maths.

For Air force:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics and maths..

Age eligibility:-

*The age should be in between 16.5-19 years..
Which is same for all the field...

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in NDA exam..
After qualifying in NDA exam, you will get a call letter for SSB..
SSB is a 5 days interview session..
Where you have to go through the GD session, Technical and hr interview, physical fitness test, medical test..
after clearing all these levels you will get a chance to join in defense.
So go for it.
All the best.
5th September 2011, 09:01 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

The nda exam is conducted twice in a year by upsc
Candidates who qualify written exam undergo SSB interview
Advertisement and forms are available from march and October
Examination is on august and april
Result will be on November and july
Only unmarried males can attend the exams
Age 16.5 – 19 years
www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying at class xii in science stream(with PHYS,CHE,BIOLOGY,MATHS,ENG and ASSAMESE). Can I appear in NDA exam?and how many percentage need to appear for it?
in Assam where when the NDA exam held.
13th September 2011, 01:08 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

National Defense Academy (NDA) exam is conducted by upsc twice in a year to intake qualified Candidate for different department in Defense service like Indian Airforce, Indian Navy,Indian Army etc.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-I/NDA-II exam:
Education qualification: Minimum candidate should complete 12th class with PCM stream.
Age Limit: Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
Citizenship: Indian

NDA-I and NDA-II exam are conducted twice in year, because the person who was not able to attend for NDA-I exam, he can apply for NDA-II exam in the same year, without having gap between the education.

NDA-I exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
Exam will held on 15th April 2012.

NDA-II exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 5th May 2012 to 4th June 2012.
Exam will held on 19th Aug 2012.

To apply the application form,then click here
If you need any clarification,then see this attachment.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 124 views)
14th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

sir ple tell me that what tpyes of thinks required for given exam of nda (air force)
16th September 2011, 09:27 PM
Tushar93

Smile Re: Full details about NDA exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am studying at class xii in science stream(with PHYS,CHE,BIOLOGY,MATHS,ENG and ASSAMESE). Can I appear in NDA exam?and how many percentage need to appear for it?
in Assam where when the NDA exam held.
Friend,

you can very much appear and clear the exam. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year all across the nation. For NDA
Age limit - 17 to 19 yrs
Educational Qualification - 12th class pass, 12th appearing students are also eligible.

Best Of Luck
21st September 2011, 11:29 AM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION), TWICE IN A YEAR.
the age limit for this exam 16.5-19.
educational qualification- 12th passed with recognized board in PCM group with at least 60%.

13th October 2011, 02:56 PM
anku 11

there is only requirement of (phy),(chem), (math) of +1 and +2.
14th November 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a student of b.b.m. and want to nda. but i have completed by 10 2 in maths,physics and chemistry. I still just 18 years old.Do i have ability to join in nda? Is my study of b.b.m in any use for the defense academy?
15th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a student of b.b.m. and want to nda. but i have completed by 10 2 in maths,physics and chemistry. I'm still just 18 years old.Do i have ability to join in nda? Is my study of b.b.m in any use for the defense academy?
4th December 2011, 05:19 PM
kumar ntin

what is the exam duration of NDA?
5th December 2011, 12:38 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
SIR,
hi,
N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
After qualifying this exam you can start you career in defence sector like:-
>> Indian Army
>> Indian Air force
>> Indian Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with any subject from recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year
> Medically fit

There are 3 steps of selection:-
-Written exam.
-Interview
-medical exam.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2012

Date of Notification:-31.12.2011
Last date of receipt of form:-30.01.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-15.04.2012(SUNDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
13th December 2011, 11:35 AM
YASHWANT KUMAR SAHU

Default At.+ p.o. -pawani ,tah. -bilaigarh ,disst-raipur (c.g.)

SIR,
i want to join nda. now i am studying in class xi science ( phy. chem. bio maths). please send me the full details for joining NDA . kindly help me out..[/QUOTE]
1st January 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

sir my name deepak yadav sir meri date of birth 31st december 1993 hai to kya may nda exam de sakta hu plz help me
2nd January 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Can Class 10th Student Will Fill The Form Of NDA
2nd January 2012, 05:14 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi Friend,
here i am giving details of NDA exam.

dates of NDA exams:

NDA 1 15 april 2012
NDA 2 19 aug 2012

Eligibility Criteria for NDA is 12th Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities.
Candidate appearing can also apply.

Age limit 16.5 to 19 years

A candidate has to go through three stages :

Written examination conducted by UPSC
Interview by SSB to test officer potentialities
Medical Test by a Service Medical Board.

Scheme of the Examination

Papers will be objective type. Medium of examination is English only.

Syllabus for Entrance Examination
Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.
Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200)
Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)

APPLICATION FORM are published by the UPSC at interval of six months,
i.e. April / May and October / November in all the local newspapers and Employment News.
2nd January 2012, 05:36 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

NDA exam can be abbriveiated as National Defense Academy exam. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission commonly called as UPSC. This exam is conducted twice a year. This exam is to select correct people for joining in Indian Defense Services.i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

ELIGIBILITY:
1. You must have passed your 12th std in a recognized board.
2. Your age must be above 16 1/2 and below 19 years.
3. If you want to join in Indian Navy or Air force you must have chosen science
as your stream in 11th and 12th std.
4. You must be medically fit.

To clear this exam you must clear three rounds namely Preliminary examination, Main examination and Personal Interview rounds.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?