12th August 2011, 05:01 PM
deepesh9907

Full details of UPSC entrance exam?

i want to full detail of UPSC exam.pls give me detail about this exam as i am soon going to appear for it

13th August 2011, 10:21 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Full details of UPSC entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepesh9907 View Post
i want to full detail of UPSC exam.pls give me detail about this exam as i am soon going to appear for it
UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Comission and it was conducts many examinations like Civil Services, Engineering Services, CDS, NDA, SCRA Examination, IFS Examination and Many other Examination.

The Schedule of Entrance Examination of 2012 was Updated in the UPSC Official Website, You can check it form there.

The eligibility criteria are vary from exams to exams. But after Passing 12Th examination candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination, I have provide you the eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Examination.

>> Civil Services Examination - If your aim is to become IPS, IAS Officer then you can apply for this examination and any graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for this examination, the examination was held in two stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly yo have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to sit in main examination. But if your age should between 21 to 30 years, only then you can apply for this examination.

>> NDA Examination - Intermediate Passed candidates are eligible to apply for this examination, but your age should between 16.5 to 19 years and make sure that your age should not be more than 19 years at the time of training otherwise you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

>> SCRA Examination - 12Th passed candidates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination are eligible to apply for this examination. But your age should between 17 to 21 Years, Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> CDS Examination - For CDS Examination you need to be a graduate, Eligiblity criteria are vary form post to post. But for Indian Military Academy and OTA you need to be a graduate in any discipline form a recognised University.

>>>>> Eligible candidates may fill the online application form by visit the UPSC website, The application form are also availiable in the designated post offices in India, you can also obtained form there.

If you need more Information about all the UPSC Examinations, then please visit the UPSC Official website OR read the Given Notifications.

http://upsc.gov.in

Download UPSC Examination Notifications -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 1329 views)
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 852 views)
File Type: pdf scra2011_eng.pdf(101.4 KB, 699 views)
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 714 views)
13th August 2011, 10:50 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
UPSC i.e Union Public Service Commission.

It is conducts many examination like NDA,SCRA,CDS,Civil Service,IES,IFS Examination and many other examination.

UPSC many examinations was already over and the calender year of UPSC examination is Updated.See the new schedule of UPSC entrance exam.

For I.A.S,I.P.S :-

Graduation from any recognized University or equivalent examination and the age should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of age.Final year of the examination can also apply for this examination.

For N.D.A :-

12th from a recognized board or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years of age.Students who are appearing in the final examination can also apply for this examination.

For CDS :-

Graduation from any recognized board or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 19 years to 24 years of age.Those in the final year of examination can also apply for this examination.

For IES :-

Engineering degree from any recognized or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of age.applicants who are appearing in the last semester of examination can also apply for this examination.

UPSC Exams
13th August 2011, 11:49 AM
saurav9889

its not clear which upsc exam you are going to appear for but iu think you are asking for civil services exam.so civil service exam is consisting of 3 stages.
the first stage i.e prelims are held in may and consists of 2 papers of objective type comprising current affairs,gk,science and aptitude.
the selectedcandidates are called for mains exam that is held in october and is of subjective type comprising 2 papers each from 2 optional subjects,2 papers of general studies and 1 each of essay,english and indian language.
the selected candidates are called for interview that is held in march/april.
the final selections are declared in may.
13th August 2011, 04:23 PM
theumapati

what is the jnu master course entrance criteria and what is the syllabus for english entrance paper?
20th November 2011, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

i m in tybsc (zoology),
i m passed in 12th with 51% (with maths and physics),
i want to give CDS exam,
but i dont know to give exam what to do ?
is there any online regestrarion for exam, or i need to fill up any form (like bank exam) ?
will u please tell me what is the procedure to give exam ?

and i think exam is on 28.11.11, thats why please help me as urgent as u can.
my name is nikhil (contact no- 97 6213 2563. )
24th November 2011, 10:44 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission

It is a government initiative and conducts many all India exams. I am giving you some details.

Some of the exams conducted by UPSC are:

Civil Services Examination

Engineering Services

CDS - Combined Defense Service

NDA - National Defense Academy

SCRA Examination - Special Class Railway Apprentices

IFS Examination- Indian Foreign Services

and many more

All these exams have different eligibility conditions and it varies from each other. However candidates are eligible for all UPSC examinations after they pass class 12th successfully.

I am providing you with short details of these exams. For more details you can Click Here

1. Civil Services Examination - This exam is conducted to select most esteemed and bright brains from all over the country. IPS and IAS come under it. Now to apply for it, only graduate candidates are allowed. This exam is held in two parts : Preliminary and Mains .

You have to clear the Prelims first and then only you would be allowed to sit for the mains. Your age should between 21 to 30 years. Some relaxation of 3 and 5 years are given to the OBC and SC/ST candidates.

2. NDA Examination - Candidates who are 12th pass are eligible to apply for this examination. The age of the candidates should be between 16.5 to 19 years. Maths is compulsory subject if applying for the Air Force, or Naval wings.

3. SCRA Examination - Intermediate pass candidates who have studied science are eligible to apply for this examination. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory for this examination. Age of the applicant should between 17 - 21 Years. Graduates or final year appearing can also apply for this exam.

4. CDS Examination - For this exam eligibility criteria's are different. Only graduates can apply for it.

So whichever exam you want to apply for, you would find all latest news and details in the above mentioned link.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
17th March 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I am 2nd year b sc pass,now i am 21 years and obc. For which kind of upsc i can attend ?
31st March 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

official site for ias examination
5th May 2012, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

How can prepare the upsc?
31st May 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my engineering with first class distinction from visvesvaraya technological university in the field of electrical and electronics . I want write for IES can anyone help me regarding this giving out full details regarding IES ? Currently i'm working for Infosys .
31st May 2012, 10:09 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Full details of UPSC entrance exam?

you have'nt mentioned for which exam of upsc do you want to appear.
upsc conducts numbers of exam for entry to several gov.jobs and services.
however,you are eligible for indian civil services,cds like.

every exam has common application form which are available in all the post offices and gpo's across country.

www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2012, 10:16 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts all public sector exam.

For UPSC exam Graduation from any recognised university is must.after your graduation you can apply for UPSC exam.in final year of your graduation you can also apply for exam.

you are BBA student so you are doing your graduation.you are eligible for UPSC exam.

general age limit for UPSC exam is 21-30 year at the time of exam.

UPSC conducts various exam.notification for all exams are published on the website of UPSC.you have to visit website of UPSC for more information.

UPSC exams are conducted in two stags-

Preliminiary exam
main exam.

First you have to write for preliiniary exam then you can apply for Main exam.you can't directly apply for main exam.

website of UPSC-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2012, 10:29 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..............
The details information of UPSC exam are as follows..........

The eligibility criteria for UPSC exam......

For more details visit website.

Good luck.............
1st June 2012, 12:15 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Full details of UPSC entrance exam?

Quote:

It is conducts many examination like NDA,SCRA,CDS,Civil Service,IES,IFS Examination and many other examination.

UPSC many examinations was already over and the calender year of UPSC examination is Updated.See the new schedule of UPSC entrance exam.

For I.A.S,I.P.S :-

Graduation from any recognized University or equivalent examination and the age should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of age.Final year of the examination can also apply for this examination.

For N.D.A :-

12th from a recognized board or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years of age.Students who are appearing in the final examination can also apply for this examination.

For CDS :-

Graduation from any recognized board or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 19 years to 24 years of age.Those in the final year of examination can also apply for this examination.

For IES :-

Engineering degree from any recognized or equivalent qualification and the age should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of age.applicants who are appearing in the last semester of examination can also apply for this examination.

UPSC Exams

ALL THE BEST...
4th June 2012, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

IN IES EXAM AFTER THE 15-6-2012 EXAM ANY OTHER EXAM ELSE GIVE THE DETAILS AND DATE OF THAT EXAM
18th September 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT MORE DETAILS ABOUT UPSC STAGES TO WRITE EXAMINATION FOR IAS
19th October 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

i am a student who passed b.a exam previous year
i want to give upsc exam
so please give me complete information about it
about study of years age requirement
26th November 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

hello sir myself karuna appearing for ty B.A wanted to know online application form date nd detail information about this upsc exam do replyyyyyyyyyy....
27th November 2012, 01:42 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

UPSC conducted many exam like as CSAT, NDA , CDS, SCRA etc..

The eligibility criteria of these exam are different which is

FOR NDA

Only male and Unmarried Candidate are eligible. girls are not allowed.

age must be in between 16.5-19 years.

candidate must be passed/appeared in 12th with a govt. recognized university

candidate must be an Indian citizen

For CDS

candidate should be completed graduation with subject MATHS and PHYSICS, candidate who are appearing final year exam are also eligible

Age Limit

For IMA 19 to 24
For OTA 19 to 25
For NA 19 to 22
For AFA 19 to 23

For SCRA

candidate Should have passed 12th with one compulsory subject maths.

candidate who are appearing their 12th exam are also eligible for SCRA 2013

Age criteria is

candidate must be in between 17 to 21 year

For CSAT

candidate should be graduate from recognized university in any stream. marks or percentage doesn't matter.

Age Limit

General 21 to 30
OBC 21 to 33
SC/ST 21 to 35

Nationality- must be Indian
3rd January 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

how many subject are there and how many i have to take
17th January 2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my degree in 5 yrs which i should complete by 4 yrs am i eligible for taking up ias exam
17th January 2013, 08:16 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts exam for various Central Govt. Dept. of India such as NDA, CDS, SCRA, Civil Service Exam., IES etc.

NDA - National Defence Academy, to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA - The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical Fitness.

CDS - Combined Defence Service to join Defence Services - The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

IES - Indian Engineering Service - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Engineering Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Civil Service Exam - The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completd Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation fro reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir mai samina sheikh mai Bsc 1st year me hu sir upsc ke exam me percentage imp rehte hai kya kitne percentage rehna zaruri hai.
28th February 2013, 09:36 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
The UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is the conducting body of the exams such as:

* IAS i.e Indian Administrative Services.

* IPS i.e Indian Police Services.

* IRS i.e Indian Revenue Services.

* IFS i.r Indian Forest Services.

* IES i.e Indian Engineering Services.

The eligiblity for the civil services exam is :

* One hold graduation degree from recognized university.

* Age limit :
21-30 yrs and relaxation is given for sc/st and obc.

Moreover for more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

For applying online logon www.upsconline.nic.in
9th March 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

what is the most prefarable course of upsc for me as i have completed my graduation and doing L.L.B?
9th March 2013, 05:12 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

UPSC Stands Union Public Service Commission

UPSC a constitutional body within India conducts civil service exam every on all India basis for recruiting candidates in different civil services of the following

Indian Police Service

National Degence Academy

Central Police Examination

Combined Defese Services Examination

Combined Engineering Services Examination

Geologist's Examination

Indian Administrative Services Examination

Indian Civil Service

Indian Economics Services

Indian Forest Services Examination

National defense Academy

Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam

There are 42 important centers across India

The UPSC have been entrusted with the following duties & role under the constitution

Recruitment services & posts under through conduct of commutative examinations

Recruitment services & posts under the central govt by selection through Interviews

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should be min 21 years of age for applying & max of 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

Candidates should have a degree in any stream from a recognized University

for more details : Click Here

10th March 2013, 12:07 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend...........

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

UPSC Exams are

Civil Service Exams

NDA

CDS

Civil Service Exams Eligibility:

You should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

No percentage required

Your age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation applicable as per govt rules.

3 years for OBC.

5 years for SC\ST.

10 years for PH.

Both male & female candidates are eligible to write the Civil Service Exams.

But candidate should be Indian.

NDA Eligibility:

You should be Indian.

You should complete the 12th standard.

Your age limit is between 16.5 to 19 years.

No upper age relaxation for this exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Female candidates are not eligible.

CDS Eligibility:

You should be indian.

You should complete the Graduation.

No percentage required.

Your age limit should be between 19 to 23 years.

Only unmarried male candidates eligible.

Female candidates are not eligible.

for more details

All the best..............
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA Syllabus.PDF(119.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: pdf CDS Syllabus.pdf(167.8 KB, 267 views)
28th March 2013, 12:13 AM
HAPPY00
Senior Member+

HI............

Union Public Service Commission

UPSC a constitutional body within India conducts civil service exam every on all India basis for recruiting candidates in different civil services

There are 42 important centers across India

The UPSC have been entrusted with the following duties & role under the constitution

Recruitment services & posts under through conduct of commutative examinations

Recruitment services & posts under the central govt by selection through Interviews

Eligibility Criteria:Candidates must be Indian
Candidates should be min 21 years of age for applying & max of 30 years
The upper age relaxation as per govt rules
Candidates should have a degree in any stream from a recognized University

OK.................
28th March 2013, 10:23 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
UPSC stands for union public service commission.UPSC conducts many civil services exam such as IAS/IPS/IES/SCRA/CDS/NDA etc...

Eligibility;

-you must be graduate from a recognized university

-Age limit is 21-30 years.Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

-There is no percentage requirement.

-You must be Indian citizen.

UPSC exam three stages;-

CSAT or preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview

for more;-www.upsc.gov.in

26th June 2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I wanna addmition in spipa Ahmedabad....for that what I wanna do...for pass out the entrance exams of spipa...means what kind of syllabus we wanna read??
30th July 2014, 04:43 PM
sharma jaishi

Question Re: Full details of UPSC entrance exam?

10th October 2014, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir I m vipul . this year I have passed b.com 1 with 53% . I wanna go in civil services field. Is this field better for me?
10th October 2014, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir I am tarannum akhtar sir I.persuiving my b.com final n I want to apply.for.upsc exams for.ips so what should bt the procedure sir
4th February 2015, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Hai sir, good mrng, i am studyng b.com 2 year..i am interested to become an ips officer.... and i want to apply for upsc examss.....how to apply & wht the procedure sir.......
28th June 2015, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,I am Karishma gupta from farrukhabad and I am student of the bsc 2 year. I wanna to go in civil service field for IAS.so please give me complete information about it. And what kind syllabus we wanna read
5th July 2015, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

If I get selected in upsc IES exam so for joining the job will I have to pay mony as a bribe.
Or would I not be able to join the service after interview if mony would be asked to give and which I not be able to pay.
10th April 2018, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,I'm chanda dhuriya i am student of the B.A final year.I wanna to go civil service field for IAS. So please give me complete information about it.And what kind syllabus we wanna read
15th March 2019, 01:21 PM
Meg24

Upsc stands for union public service commission.
The Upsc conducts different exams for different posts namely CSE ,NDA, forest service examination etc

The Upsc CSE examination is a 3 stage exam comprising of prelims.mains and interview.
The only criteria needed is a degree from a recognised Indian University.
There is great relaxation for the candidates from SC/St and oBc background.
Prelims exam is a qualifying objective based test.
Mains is a subjectice test while the interview is a personality test.
24th March 2019, 09:12 AM
Quikri

Upsc-union public service commission is a constitutional body which conducts exam for the prestigious government services .

Civil service exam is one among the exams conducted by UPSC.
It consists of three parts namely prelims ,mains and interview.
The prelims is an objective paper while the mains is. Subjective one .
The final process is an interview of 275 marks.
Preliminary part s just qualifying while the other two are counted for the rank list.
NCerts are the hands of the Upsc exam , while current affairs are the legs .!
13th June 2019, 04:44 PM
spickeronline

UPSC is not a simple exam. Proper study strategy and guidance is must crack the exam.
At the best UPSC classes in Nagpur conduct sessions for students to understand the exam and its structure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?