21st October 2016, 02:24 PM
1993ravi

Which has better future IAS or IES?

Sir i am doing B.Tech form AMIE. I am confused what should i do IAS or IES? Because my background is technical. In which I can get a more secure future?

21st October 2016, 11:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which has better future IAS or IES?

Both of them whether IAS or IES have wonderful future and high salary. Hence you should not try to differentiate one another on the basis of future opportunities because both of them are the best services.
To become IAS or IES you have to qualify the civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
22nd October 2016, 12:24 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- After completing bachelor's degree, you are eligible for both the exams i.e. IAS and IES.

--- Both of them have very bright future. So, it is totally on your interest.

--- If you are interested in civil services like social services, then you should go for IAS(Indian Administrative Service).

--- If you want to make your career in technical line, then you should opt for IES(Indian Engineering Service).

---
24th October 2016, 12:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993ravi View Post
Sir i am doing B.Tech form AMIE. I am confused what should i do IAS or IES? Because my background is technical. In which I can get a more secure future?
After completion of B.Tech degree, you can go for IES exam because you are a student of technical background.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

Those who have completed bachelor engineering degree course from a recognized University are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject.

M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?