27th June 2011, 08:28 PM
suzika

Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

m confused in which there are more scopes in those fields either in biology majors or in engineerings????

Related Questions:
  1. What is the career in biology without Maths subject in HSC? Is there any scope in Biology field?
  2. Will there be any nice fields related to Biology? Career scope and salaries offered in these fields?
  3. What will be the career scope in the field of Microbiology? Information regarding Career Opportunities in this field?
  4. How to do genetic engineering after passing 12th physics, chemistry, biology
  5. Which course will provide me better career scope after completion of 10+2 with Science stream?
  6. Which is better between Biomedical Engineering and Marine Biology? Which has a better scope?
  7. What should I do after passing 12th science?
  8. Scope of taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology after 12th? Which other career course can be taken?
  9. Which career should I choose in Biology after passing 12th science with 51% and 57 marks in Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to do biomedical engineering after passing 12th in biology group with 82%
  11. What is the scope separately of taking Biology and Mathematics in 11th standard? -- [New]
  12. What can I do after inter biology? What career can I pursue between Genetics engineering, biomedical engineering?
  13. What is the scope of BSc Biology? What is the scope?
  14. Having Biology in 10+2 is necessary for pursuing Genetics Engineering?
  15. What will the career scope of Biotechnology course? Can a candidate who have studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English and Informatics in Intermediate opt for this course?
  16. Career options available for Biology Student after 12th? Which forms to be filled and is there any scope in the near future?
  17. How can I make career in biology field after completion of my BE? I have done BE with ECE stream
  18. Can I choose Biotechnology if I am a Biology student?
30th June 2011, 02:20 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzika View Post
m confused in which there are more scopes in those fields either in biology majors or in engineerings????
WHICH AS GOOD SCOPE BIOLOGY OR ENGINEERING

The real fact is both the options have good scope and it's your interest which matters to select between two..

-> If you have completed your 12th grade with biology then you can go for medical line like MBBS, BDS and so on which as great scope in future..

-> If you feel medicine is not your line then you can go for biology majors like Bio Technology, Bio Informatics in B.E/B.Tech which as good value if you do a PG and Ph.D in it...

-> Engineering as its own value in it's field like electronics, computer science, civil, mechanical and so on...

-> The important point which you have to note is, if you go for biology majors course then it is indeed needed you have to go for some PG course in the future to shine in the field..

-> But if you go for engineering courses like electronics, computer science etc.. you will get the job as soon as you finish the course if you perform well through out..

-> So just go for the course which you are interested in, as both biology majors and engineering have good scope in future.. just work hard for 4 to 5 years then for sure you will have a good future..

All the Best..
30th June 2011, 02:35 PM
raja badam

Default Re: Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

Dear Friend,
Now a days,both are equal importance between BIOLOGY and Engineering.you have to select only depending on your interest.
which one you have good knowledge.which subject do you like and find.

All the best for you..
30th June 2011, 02:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI DEAR
in between biology and engg

engineering is the more facility,

but after 12th if you take biology then you go for medical line
that is very hard.So most student move
to the engg . line.

but biology has many opportunity like:--

you may go for biotechnology,genetics,etc.

this is the very vast line..........

decision is yours
which is better for you ............
30th June 2011, 02:50 PM
dolly1991

Hello,
Both the option have good career opurtunity. Both of them are very good at their places.Its entirely your choice to choose between them.
If you want to go for the Biology then you can choose any one of the following courses...
*MBBS
*Genetic engneering
*Bioinformatics
*Biochemical Engneering.
If you want to study engneering you can choose any one of the following courses...
*Civil engneering
*Mechanical Engneering
*Automobile Engneering
*Electonics Engneering
*Computer Sceience Engneering
Best wishes.....
30th June 2011, 02:59 PM
nikhilpatidar

Engineering field have more scope as comparsion of Biology because Engineering field have more job opportunities .

In Engineering fields less amount of money invested but in Biology field more money invested.

In engineering field more number of seat available for admission as comparsion of Biology field.

In Engineering field we will be complete graduation in 4 years and students get placed in top companies.

But Biology field take more time for completing degree.
30th June 2011, 04:27 PM

Smile Re: Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

as both have d equal scope see in biology u can opt for medical,physiotherapy,b.tech or bsc(biotechnology)or so many
in maths u can go for b.tech of any branch but comparatively maths have so many scope
30th June 2011, 08:46 PM
sunnyrockz

Smile Re: Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

hello frnd

biology and engineering are two different streams.both have vast opportunities and you can easily settle through this streams,but wat i feel is you can opt for biology,if you are interested in doing new things like doing much experiments and find some thing new in it,this doesn't mean that the engg stream don't have such way of research and new expts , but biology has more scope and interesting in its research.engg means you directly go for a job with the technical knowledge.

ultimately it all differs with the matter of interest you have.

what i suggest is that you go for biology and do research for the engineering field,how can your field help the engg stream to develop them.
so your confusion will be get cleared and you ll be satisfied.
30th June 2011, 10:47 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Engineering offers more career scope

as there are more seats in engineering

as compared to Biology i.e. medical

also there are a large variety of traditional and non traditional

branches. like mech, csc. environmental eng. Mineral eng.

etc.

Due to lesser number of seats Bio is more tough field and

also it take a long time as mere mbbs is not enough and you have

to do at least PG. it take 10 yrs compared to 4 yrs of engineering.
30th June 2011, 10:50 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Engineering offers more career scope

as there are more seats in engineering

as compared to Biology i.e. medical

also there are a large variety of traditional and non traditional

branches. like mech, csc. environmental eng. Mineral eng.

etc.

Due to lesser number of seats Bio is more tough field and

also it take a long time as mere mbbs is not enough and you have

to do at least PG. it take 10 yrs compared to 4 yrs of engineering.
30th June 2011, 11:04 PM
ravi6

Dear,

Both options have good scope.

this depends upon your interest.

don't worry enter in any fiels according to your interest.

REGARDS
ravi6
1st July 2011, 12:27 AM
kritika@Hans

hello friend......
well both have good future...
the main thing that matters is your interest
well according to me biology is a bit time consuming as compared to engineering.
and engineering has a better salary package and bright career
9th November 2011, 12:25 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which is having more career scope between Biology and Engineering?

:: MEDICAL Vs ENGINEERING ::

First of all, let me tell you that.. Both Medical and Engineering have almost the same scope. So no matter what you choose, you have to strive towards being the best in that field.

Medical deals with the human and living organisms. Their body, genes, diseases and their cures.
As a matter of fact, medical is a bit more advanced and prolonged stream than Engineering.
MBBS is a 5 year bachelor's course. You have to start with this, before you can take up any area of specialization for another 2-3 years like ENT, Brain, Urology, etc

After all these, and the research that you want to do, you have to work under a senior doctor, to gain experience for another 2-3 years before you can become independent as a doctor.

Now compared to this, in Engineering you start with a B.Tech or B.E degree which is of 4 years. After that you can directly get placed on campus in top recruiting companies like:

TCS, Wipro, Accenture, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Syntel , Tech Mahindra etc

Further if you want to go ahead with your higher sudies, you can opt for M Tech. Sit for the GATE exam to get admission in the top IIT's and NIT's for the master's programs.

After that you can go for research, or PH. D, or do MBA. Thats it. Within 7 years of eduation after intermediate, you would be a market professional unlike the 10-12 years in Medical.

So now the decision is upto you.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
19th January 2014, 02:52 PM

which subject have more scope biology or maths for girls
7th April 2014, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

what is the guarranty of good salaries and easy life after doing top grade course of medicals with good deagree
6th July 2014, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in T.E entc . But i do not wish to continue in electronics field as i always aspired to pursue my career in biology . Due to certain circumstances i had to land up taking engg . I wish to know that after B.E entc do i have any chance of higher studies in biology as entc and bio like two different poles . Please kindly reply.
7th April 2016, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

i am equally interested in both streams i.e maths and biology but i am confused b/w them so,what should i take in 11th class?
17th September 2017, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Is engineering better or medical? If anyone take engineering even though he or she like medical is this her or his future is bright?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?