13th June 2016, 05:07 PM
felix doss

Am I eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 10+2 and have also done diploma in Mechanical Engineering with lateral entry now i am thinking to apply for assistant loco Pilot, am i eligible for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post?
  2. Jobs in railways department after completing mechanical engineering
  3. Diploma in Automobile engineering is eligible to get Assistant Loco Pilot or Loco Pilot job?
  4. Am I eligible to become a RRB Loco Pilot after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. B.Tech in Mechanical engineering degree holder is eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot and Junior Engineer?
  6. How can I become a Loco Pilot?
  7. How should I become an Assistant loco pilot? I am studying in mechanical 3rd diploma
  8. Am I eligible to become a Loco Pilot after completing class 12th and ITI in Computer Operator and Programming Assistant?
  9. Am i eligible for Indian Railway Loco Pilot post being a 10+2 passed student?
  10. What do to next after BE in EEE to become a Loco Pilot?
  11. Which course should I prefer after 10th to become a Loco Pilot? -- [New]
  12. What will be the salary offered for a Indian Railway Engine Driver? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  14. Are railway job vacancies available now?
  15. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. How to do Loco Pilot after diploma in mechanical engineering? I have scored 74%
  17. Am I eligible for loco pilot job after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for the position of Loco Pilot after completion of Diploma in Mechanical stream?
13th June 2016, 10:46 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

# I would like to inform you that you are fully eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) as per your educational qualification.

# Required educational qualification for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP):

* Matriculation,
OR
* ITI diploma recognised by SCVT/NCVT,
OR
* Diploma in engineering.

# Required age limit for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP):

* Minimum age must be 18 years for all categories.
* Maximum age prescribed for General category is 30 years.
* However there is relaxation in upper age for reserved categories.

# The pay band for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) is Rs. 5200 - 20,200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/-.

# The recruitment process for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) includes following stages:

* Objective type written test
* Aptitude Test
* Document verification

# Other important information regarding examination conducted for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP):

* Generally question paper is of objective type with multiple choice.
* The duration of the examination is of 90 minutes.
* Total number of questions asked in the examination either 100 or 120.
* There is provision of negative marking. Each incorrect/wrong answer will be resulted into deduction of 0.33 marks from total marks.
* The question paper is printed into multi-languages i.e. in Hindi, English, Urdu and concerned regional language.

* The questions asked in the question paper are general pertain from following topics/sections:

= General Studies
= Reasoning Ability
= General Science
= Current Affairs and General Awareness
= Quantitative Aptitude
= Technical Ability
= General Intelligence
13th June 2016, 11:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing 12th and Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

To become Loco pilot you have to qualify the exam and personal interview conducted by railway committee. The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is 10th and if you have completed your diploma in Engineering then also you are eligible. You must have Indian citizenship.
13th June 2016, 11:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely as per your qualification you are eligible to appear in the exam for loco pilot that is conducted by railway department every year. The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is 10th but as you have completed your diploma in Engineering and hence you are eligible to appear in this exam and for this post.
14th June 2016, 11:40 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Assistant loco pilot after diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Following are Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Loco Pilot:

You should have passed 10th standard with ITI from a recognized university.

Diploma holder in Mechanical/Automobile/Electrical or Electronics are eligible for this exam.

Age should be between 18-30 years.

There is age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC category.

Selection Process:

Written exam

Personal Interview

For more information please visit www.rrcb.gov.in
14th June 2016, 12:20 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completion of your intermediate and diploma in mechanical stream. First of all you have to qualify the written test conducted for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot. After clearing the test you have to face technical and personal interviews. At last you have to clear your medical and document verification.
14th June 2016, 07:39 PM
pyare7

You are eligible for Assistant loco pilot after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Education Qualification:

Applicant must be minimum matric pass along with ITI in various trades.

Or,

Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile/Electrical or Electronics

Candidates age should be between 18-30 years.

Pay Scale Rs 5200-20200(GP-1900)
14th June 2016, 11:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to write exams for Assistant Loco Pilot. To write this exam candidate must be a holder of technical degree. And after completing Mechanical Engineering degree you are eligible to do so.
Candidate must be of at least 21 years and not more than 28 years.
8th February 2018, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Can final semester Diploma in mechanical engineering student apply in RRB ALP 2018?
25th February 2018, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing 12th and Degree in Mechanical Engineering?
19th February 2019, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma. And I applied for rrb alp. Now I am studying final year engineering. I mention engineering as my higher qualification.is it make any problem ??
1st May 2020, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot after completing 12th and Diploma in electronics and communication Engineering?
17th July 2020, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

iam planned to become ALP , i have completed 12th and studying BE mechanical engineering.
am i eligible to apply for the post..pls respond soon as possible
28th October 2021, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir as I see for loco pilot ITI or Diploma required but sir I have Machanical Engineering Degree so sir my question is I eligible for post of loco pilot ?
24th February 2022, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I am eligible for RRB assistance loco pilot, I am complet vocational course and lateral entery 2 years mechanical diploma.
20th June 2022, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I am eligible for alp letral entry diploma
7th July 2022, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Three year diploma in production engineer eligible for RRB assistant loco pilot, Please sir reply %uD83D%uDE4F%uD83D%uDE4F
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?