15th December 2011, 08:10 PM
deesma

How to apply for IAF after pursuing Final Year engineering in computer science? Date of sale of application form?

Sir,
Kindly suggest me sir how should i apply for IAF as i am currently pursuing
in final year of engineering in computer science. i am keenly interested
in joining IAF.
please tell me the date of application form and the entrance examination
date of IAF.
Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to take IAF? I am studying final year in Computer Science and engineering
  2. Where can I get the application form for IAF entrance exam? Last date to submit the form?
  3. IAF Entrance Exam date for 2011 and application forms date -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Date of Group I exam? Last date of submission of form? How to get the Group I application form?
  5. How to Apply To Indian Airforce Flying Branch
  6. Can I apply for AFCAT exam after pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  7. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  8. Eligibility to apply in RRB JE exam for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student? From where I will get the application form? Procedure to apply and last date of application? -- [New]
  9. Can i apply for AFCAT exam with computer science branch? I am pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  10. Can I opt for CS in future while pursuing computer science and engineering?
  11. What should I do between M.Tech, M.Phil or B.Ed after doing MSc Computer Science? Date of sale of application form?
  12. Am I eligible to join IAF through Permanent Service Commission being a B.E.(Computer Science) Engineering) 3rd year female candidate? Procedure to apply?
  13. Date of sale of JELET II application form?
  14. Can I get a job in Navy, Indian Army and IAF after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year with computer science
  15. How to apply for NET or SET exam? What is the next date of form submission?
  16. How to do MS and MBA? I am pursuing final year B.E in computer science
  17. Public sector exams which I can answer while doing computer science engineering in final year?
  18. When is the EC entrance application form sale? I have completed my diploma in computer science
17th December 2011, 07:41 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to apply for IAF after pursuing Final Year engineering in computer science? Date of sale of application form?

There are many opportunities for the Engineering graduates in IAF.It is well split up into Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branches. The eligibility criteria varies from branch to branch.IAF is well split into various branches but you can only apply to the Flying Branches .
Some of the exams which you can go through are:-

CDS examination(men only) :- If you finished your graduation from a recognized University and if you belong to the age group between 19-23 years then you can go through the examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC board and it held twice in an year and the notifications are released in the months of April and September.
The application form along with the information brochure can be obtained from the head/central post offices of your city as it is an exam conducted by the UPSC Board.
For more details-Click here

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & Women):-It's a 14 year service which cannot be further extended.The eligibility criteria is Graduation (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate of all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

National Cadet Corps Special Entry(for men only):-
If you’re an Air Wing Senior division 'C' Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force.You need to have an aggregate of 60% in your graduation and Maths and Physics in your 10+2 level.

Better go through the following site which provides more details about the type of entries and other details
http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/
17th December 2011, 08:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IAF after pursuing Final Year engineering in computer science? Date of sale of application form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesma View Post
Sir,
in joining IAF.
date of IAF.
Thanking you.

Dear friend,

If You can go for IAF then must be passed CDSE , UES ,NCC SPECIAL ENTRY exam but you must be graduate from recognized board.

Details of these exams are given below.

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

Those candidate are in Pre-final year or completed BE / B Tech degree course in the relevant streams of engineering as mentioned above and must have secured minimum of 60% marks in aggregate are eligible UES exam.

But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Those candidate have completed graduation are eligible NCC SPECIAL ENTRY exam.You must have NCC "C" certificate.

Your age should be in between 21 to 28 years.

Thanks
17th December 2011, 09:49 PM
tejesh_09

Engineering graduates can apply for various branches of IAF such as Flying Branch, Ground Duty Branch and General Duty Branch.

You can join IAF through CDS exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for the candidate within the age group of 19 to 23 years. The application form can be obtained from Post offices, you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in to know more about CDS.

You can also join IAF as Pilot through Short Service Commission.

You can also join IAF Flying Branch through NCC Special Entry for which you should have Air Wing Senior Division "C" certificate of NCC.
25th March 2012, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

respected sir aim b.tech (it) 2nd year student and my dream become a fighter pilot in indian air force so suggest it
12th June 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i am engineering student in computer science so dear sir which type of vacancies in indian air force and what date willbe forms of indian air force in engineering students in apply for indian air force in cse students
thankyou sir.
24th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

whether IAF offers any projects for final year engineering students?
6th May 2013, 07:01 AM
Sarath kitty

Sir,
in joining IAF.
date of IAF.
Thanking you.
27th May 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I m studing btech 2 nd yr in computer science engineering
I m intrested in airforce how can I apply
am I legibile to that ??
plzzz answr
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?