10th December 2010, 11:28 AM
akshay kulkarni

How to apply for Indian Army and what are the qualifications required to join?

how to apply the indian army.
and what qualification for join army?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army? -- [New]
  2. Whether girls can join Indian Army or not? For which post a girl can apply?
  3. How to join Indian Army in Uttarpradesh? What is the qualification required?
  4. How to join Indian Army? Qualifications required for the exam?
  5. What is the procedure followed to join in Indian Army?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission?
  7. Qualifications required for girl candidate in Indian Army? Colleges for girls to take admission in Indian Army located in Maharashtra?
  8. How to join Indian Army? Minimum Educational qualifications and Physical Abilities needed for the Exam? Age limit and Procedure to apply for the Exam?
  9. How can a girl apply for officers rank in Indian Army with commerce stream without Maths?
  10. Age limit and qualification required for an Ex-Army serviceman to apply for SI and Constable post of Maharashtra Police?
  11. Qualifications required to get job in Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What are the qualifications required to be eligible for Army?
  13. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army?
  14. How can I join Indian Army? What is the educational qualification and the physical ability requirement?
  15. What is the physical requirement to join Indian Army?
  16. Procedure to apply for Clerical post in Indian Army for 12th student?
  17. How can I join Indian Army? What is the qualification?
  18. How to get software jobs in Indian Army? Qualification required for the same?
25th December 2010, 06:47 PM
jitendradagrt

Default Re: How to apply for Indian Army and what are the qualifications required to join?

minimum 10 + 2 and apply for national defence academy for training to become an officer in indian army and graduates join indian militiary academy through civil defence service exam.exams are conducted by UPSC.
21st January 2011, 12:18 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to apply for Indian Army and what are the qualifications required to join?

Akshay,

There are so many entry position in Indian Army.For soldier category it is starts from 8th pass qualification.For officers category it is start from 12th qualification.
So many examinations are there like NDA,CDSE,TGC (Engineers),10+2 entry scheme,SSC,UES,NCC special entry scheme.

If you mention your qualification details it will be easy to help you,I am giving the link you find your suitable position.If you found any doubt then write me.
Link:http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTe...D=LwoZAzlgsAg=
21st January 2011, 08:09 PM
Maxsteel

For Soldier - Class 10th
For CDS - Class 12th
For SSB non Tech Man - Graduation
For SSB Tech Man - Enginnering Graduate
28th February 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for soldier post? what is a exam schedule?
1st March 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

how to join army after passing 10 in 50 parsantag
7th March 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum age requirement for women to join Indian Army ?
24th March 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

29th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir iam a bsc graduate whats the procedure to get to the army with my qualification
6th April 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

how to join military after passing 12th with commers
14th April 2011, 09:20 PM
raghu.mullagiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to apply indian army solider please reply me
22nd April 2011, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

can Bcom student join the military
24th April 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Every three-six months indian army arrenges his campus in every where for nursing(10 2with science),tecnicle(10 2 with maths),soldier(8th pass)........
29th April 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i am BE(Mech) third year student can i apply for army officer
7th May 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have completed the degree not yet received degree certificate,i am NCC candidate- if there is any possibilites to join Indian army before receiving degree certificate pls reply me
15th May 2011, 10:43 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

There are so many entry position in Indian Army.For soldier category it is starts from 8th pass qualification.For officers category it is start from 12th qualification.
So many examinations are there like NDA,CDSE,TGC (Engineers),10+2 entry scheme,SSC,UES,NCC special entry scheme.

If you mention your qualification details it will be easy to help you,I am giving the link you find your suitable position.If you found any doubt then write me.
24th May 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Iam a cbse 12th pass student my stream is Arts and my percentage is 54. My age is 20year running.and iam a girl. So pls tell some post's for requried for me.
11th June 2011, 04:21 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to apply for Indian Army and what are the qualifications required to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Every three-six months indian army arrenges his campus in every where for nursing(10 2with science),tecnicle(10 2 with maths),soldier(8th pass)........
hello sir/madam
Will u tell me what is requried to join indian army I study 9th pass! I had dream to join Indian army
Becoz I also want PVC like how manoj kumar pandey got I want to do something for my country
I know that indian army is number second
In world! But I want to take it number one that's my dream
And I'm sure that u guys definitely help me to fulfill my dream
Regard, SON OF INDIAN, please contact me sir
[email protected]
[email protected]
Jai hind
15th June 2011, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir i m now studying in 12th wid science and my age 17th yrs, i want 2 join indian navy plz tell me the process. I love indian army and thats sprit
contact me sir-8603407081 name-anand hembram
28th June 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to join electrical department in indian army,becaus i have electrycity.So please give me your advise.
My name is MOHSIN.I am astudet of 10 2
19th July 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

how to enter in to army after completing inter
25th July 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in 12th commerce i want to join in army pleae give me detail in 922146828. by manish
15th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i am b.com student completed my graduation. in ssc i have got 68% and in hsc i have got 57%. how to apply in indian army?
15th August 2011, 10:32 PM
Harshita21

[B]CDS Examination[/B]

Eligiblity

For Indian Military Academy:

Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Officers' Training Academy
Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For SSC
Selection Procedure: The individual candidates will be called up for a series of personal interview taken by the board of officers on the basis of which will the selection of the candidate will take place.
16th August 2011, 12:31 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Yes ofcourse you can join Indian army after doing B.tech by qualifying CDS exam and there is an another way for this that is campus selection in Indian army and after both this way you have to pass SSB and by clearing SSB you can join Indian army.
16th August 2011, 12:49 AM
Bmsri

To become an Indian Army you must clear one of two exams named NDA or CDS. To appear in NDA exam you must have completed your 12thstd and to appear in CDS exam you must be a graduate. After clearing the written exam you will have to under go some physical tests.
12th September 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

how to know the selection dates and venues for indian army general duty?
13th September 2011, 12:43 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

Thanks
1st November 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is Mithun Mohanan.now am studying 2.How much percentage of mark is needed to become an officer in indian army?am i eligible to apply nda after 2.?what are the procedures? ..sir please contact me:9567083903 .or [email protected]
17th November 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is ADITHYA.K.I want to join indian army as soldier general duty(G.D) and i passed 10th class
in 52.16percentage,and i am an NCC Cadet,and my father is an ex-service man. I am having ex-service man quota.
My problem is i have scored 30marks in maths and above 50marks in all other subjects.
How to join indian army?please reply me......
My e-mail id is [email protected]. Once again Please reply me as soon as posible.
29th November 2011, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have completed my B. Pharmacy...how can i enter in Navy/Army/Military?
14th December 2011, 03:17 PM
tuntunia

10th February 2012, 11:01 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay kulkarni View Post
how to apply the indian army.
and what qualification for join army?
HI,
You can apply for Indian Army after passing the 12th or graduation

After 12th you have to qualify the N.D.A exam
Graduation you have to qualify the C.D.S exam...

Both the exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year..

Age limit for N.D.A exam:- 16.5-19 year
Age limit for C.D.S exam:- 19-24 year

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
4th March 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in 12th commerce i want to join in army pleae give me detail in my email [email protected].
10th March 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i like to join in General Duty.,n i'am 8th passed
5th April 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

hello.. m a 12th pass student from maths backround . i would like to join army as i am passionate about defenc forces . my age is 20 and i missed out NDA exam due to my age. may i knw other alternatives to join army? i will appriciate your prompt rply. thank you sir .
5th May 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for UPSC Exam 2012 with Passed 10 2 ( PCB) and what is the aggregate marks for the ST ?
Sir please let me know throtgh my email
[email protected]
5th May 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for the UPSC exam 2012 NDA with 10 2 (PCB) and wath is the aggregate percentage for the - ST
Please reply through my email - [email protected]
5th May 2012, 01:54 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

If you want to join INDIAN ARMY you need to crack the NDA exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM:

1.12th standard students are applicable for this exam

2.Age limit for this exam 16.5 years to 19 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

4.Only unmarried male candidates are eligible

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Written exam

2.Personal interview

3.Medical test.

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
5th May 2012, 04:37 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Information About Indian Army :

good idea for join Indian Army
Before join Indian Army qualify in the NDA Exam
NDA Stands National Defense Academy
NDA exam are conducted by UPSC twice in a year
NDA I & NDA II

NDA Exam Eligible for following Academies

Indian Air Force
Indian Navy
Indian Army

Eligibility :

Complete 12th stands no required percentage
Age limit 16.5 to 19 years
Candidates must be a Indian & unmarried male person

Selection Process :

Written Test
Interview
Physical Test

Exam Pattern :

General Ability
Mathematics

5th May 2012, 04:42 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

To apply indian army there are two ways i.e after your graduation and after 12th class.

After graduation you have to apply CDS exam and after your 12th standard you have to apply NDA exam.

You could not mention your educational qualification so choice is yours you can apply in one of the above.

There two exams are conducted by the UPSC two times in every year.

Official website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.....
5th May 2012, 05:31 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable,..
You can apply for the Indian army just after 12th through the UPSC's (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) exam, NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY).
Through this examination, one can apply in all the fighting branches of the Indian army...
i.e,
AIR FORCE WING
NAVAL WING
MILITARY BRANCH..

The educational requirement for appear in this examination is a 12th degree .
For apply in air force & naval force, you must have Physics & maths in 12th with 60% [aggregate].

Exam pattern-

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.

You must have Indian nationality.

You must have marital status unmarried.

Physical requirements-
5th May 2012, 05:47 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable,..
You can apply for the Indian army just after 12th through the UPSC's (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) exam, NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY).
Through this examination, one can apply in all the fighting branches of the Indian army...
i.e,
AIR FORCE WING
NAVAL WING
MILITARY BRANCH..

The educational requirement for appear in this examination is a 12th degree .
For apply in air force & naval force, you must have Physics & maths in 12th with 60% [aggregate].

Exam pattern-

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.

You must have Indian nationality.

You must have marital status unmarried.

Physical requirements-
5th May 2012, 05:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined mainly through two ways:-

NDA and CDS

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and mental health is eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear or the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical Fitness can apply for Indian Army of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2012, 06:11 PM
romi_bal

You can join Indian Army through NDA/NA & CDSE conducted by UPSC.

Basic eligibility required for NDA are:
- You are eligible for NDA after 10+2 exam.
-only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
-candidates appearing in 12th class can also apply.
- Age : From 19 Years to 24 years. Engineer graduates 20 to 27 years
- Degree. BA, B.Sc or B.Tech/BE
- No. of attempts is less than or equal to 4.

Eligibility Criteria for I.M.A in CDSE :-

Age should be between 19 years and 24 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
Graduation in any desire subject from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Army Training: The cadets are taught section level tactics and basic operations of war, like patrolling, ambush and map reading. It also comprises of academic training, military strategies, outdoor activities like horsemanship, rock climbing, physical training, firing etc.
5th May 2012, 07:15 PM
a444

hi,

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

minimum 12th pass candidate apply for
navy
airforce

age limit-18-21

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2012, 07:56 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
to join the indian army in two ways. That is NDA & CDS exams.

The both exams conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

Eligibility of NDA:

the candidate should complete the 12th standard from a recognized university.

The candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

The candidate must be physically and medically fit for this exam.

Eligibility of CDS exam:

the candidate should complete the graduation any stream from a recognized university.

The candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

You should be citizen of india.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
5th May 2012, 09:22 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

for the Indian Army you qualification must be 12th science with the 60% or above.
The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:

The age limitation for the exam is 16.5 to 19 years.
which is published in Employment News
more info also on UPSC
official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
5th May 2012, 10:14 PM
rajmai

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.mullagiri View Post
how to apply indian army solider please reply me

Hello friend,

For details click the link below,

click here
1st June 2012, 08:28 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

hi,

to join indian army you have to fulfill these basic criterias:

1)you should be less than 23 years old.
2)you should be medically sound.

after you fulfill these criterias you can then give the following exams to join indian army,you can join logistic cadre in indian army:

1)CDSE: it is an exam conducted for graduates by UPSC twice an year and can get more information from :
www.upsc.gov.in

2)UES and SSC: these are the exams conducted by indian army and you can get more information for these enteries from:
www.indianarmy.nic.in/

best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?