25th August 2015, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Myself ankit singh . I am doing b.sc programme(electronics) from a.r.s.d college university of delhi and want to join merchant navy ..as my b.sc degree is not totally completed i just completed my final year but some back subjects are binding me in boundaries of not choosing any job.so i want to ask will it be possible for me to join merchant navy and write now in qualification i m only 10 2 and graduation is pursuing..

26th August 2015, 02:42 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?

You can apply for merchant navy on the basis of 12th.

The eligibility criteria for Merchant navy is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for merchant navy.
26th August 2015, 05:52 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?

Yes,you can join Merchant Navy as deck cadet without completing graduation on the basis of 12th in the case,you would have passed 10+2 with PCM group of subjects .

The eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after 12th are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 16 years to 25 years.

-The candidate should be physically and mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms .

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

-The candidate minimum height to get entry in Merchant Navy is 150 cm .

-The weight should not be less than 42 kg and the chest should expand upto a minimum range of 5 cm.

-The candidate should have vision of 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately and should not suffer from Color Blindness defect.

-Selection Procedure :

* Written Exam.

* Physical Test

* Medical Test

* Personality Interview.
26th August 2015, 09:44 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy on the basis of your class 12th, if you completed your 12th with PCM.

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after class 12th with Science stream:

The candidate should pass class 12th from a recognized Board in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subject.

The candidate's age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

The candidate must be an unmarried male.

The candidate should should be a citizen of India.

The candidate should be physically fit as per the requirements.
If you satisfy the above criteria, then you can join Merchant Navy on the basis of class 12th.
27th August 2015, 12:31 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in merchant navy after completion of class 12 and graduation.

As you have not successfully completed the graduation course you are not eligible to apply for merchant navy courses.

But you can join on the basis of class 12 if you meet the respective criteria which is as follows:

* Age of the candidate must not be more than 20 years of age as on 1st September of the entry year and there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST category candidate's.

* Candidate must have passed class 12 with physics, mathematics and chemistry as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks.
27th August 2015, 02:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Myself ankit singh . I am doing b.sc programme(electronics) from a.r.s.d college university of delhi and want to join merchant navy ..as my b.sc degree is not totally completed i just completed my final year but some back subjects are binding me in boundaries of not choosing any job.so i want to ask will it be possible for me to join merchant navy and write now in qualification i m only 10 2 and graduation is pursuing..
Yes, you are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?