31st August 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer after studying in class 10th?

Respected sir , my name is Samuel Benson Babu iam studing in 10th class. IN DPS vindhyanagar MADHYAPRADESH. so sir , MY Ame is to become an IPS officer so i have to know that whhat should i have to do after 10th ,and iam not very good in study but iam good in sports activites.............so I kindly requesting you that please send me positive result THANKYOU..............................

4th October 2012, 03:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer after studying in class 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir , my name is Samuel Benson Babu iam studing in 10th class. IN DPS vindhyanagar MADHYAPRADESH. so sir , MY Ame is to become an IPS officer so i have to know that whhat should i have to do after 10th ,and iam not very good in study but iam good in sports activites.............so I kindly requesting you that please send me positive result THANKYOU..............................
IPS Stands for Indian Police services, and to become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. But the examination is very tough and competitive and the selection rate is very less of this examination. You will get Designations like DSP, SP, Commissioner to passouts after training for IPS. This exam is highly competitive, around 4 lakh students appear for it every year, although vacancies are very few, only 900 are selected.

Regarding IPS, it is the cadre wich will be allotted to you after selection. Your chances of getting IPS depends on your rank. Generally, top rank within 150-250 gets IPS branch.

To become IPS officer, you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is conducted every year.

You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline to apply for CSE. you must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The examination conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary and Mains and firstly you have to appear for the preliminary examination, this examination have 2 papers of objective with negative marking. You must be aware of recent change in pattern in preliminary exam, which is now known as CSAT, an aptitude test, which consist of general science & awareness, mental ability question.

If you cracked this examination, then you are eligible to appear for the Main examination. You have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

So, please complete your Graduation first and then apply for this examination if you need more details then please check official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 03:36 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,

Yes , your eligible for IPS Examination after Completing your B.com Course , and there is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

So, Please Don't worry your definitely eligible for IPS Examination . But you should Not having any arrears in previous Semester than Only your eligible for IPS Examination .

There is No Issue regarding your Educational Qualification , Apart from the Educational Qualification you may also satisfy the Age Criteria and Physical Standard .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination is divided into three levels namely ,Preliminary Examination /Main Examination/Interview

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Educational Qualification :-

The Aspirant should Passed in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Any discipline candidates are (Commerce/Arts/Science ) eligible to apply for this IPS Examination

Age Criteria :-

==>> For General candidates :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 30 years .
==>> For OBC candidates :- Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 33 years .
==>> For SC/ST candidates :- Applicant age shoud be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 35 years .

~~~ Physical qualification for IPS Examination ~~~~

Height Criteria :-

>> Your Height should be 165cm for Male candidates .
>> Your Height should be 150cm for Female candidates .

Chest Criteria :-

>>Your Chest should be 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Male Candidate :-
>>Your Chest should be 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Female Candidates :-

~~ No of attempts ~~

# For General Category Candidates :- 4 Attempts
# For OBC Category Candidates :- 7 Attempts
# SC/ST Category Candidates :- No Attempts

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 03:37 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,

Yes , your eligible for IPS Examination after Completing your B.com Course , and there is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

So, Please Don't worry your definitely eligible for IPS Examination . But you should Not having any arrears in previous Semester than Only your eligible for IPS Examination .

There is No Issue regarding your Educational Qualification , Apart from the Educational Qualification you may also satisfy the Age Criteria and Physical Standard .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination is divided into three levels namely ,Preliminary Examination /Main Examination/Interview

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Educational Qualification :-

The Aspirant should Passed in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Any discipline candidates are (Commerce/Arts/Science ) eligible to apply for this IPS Examination

Age Criteria :-

==>> For General candidates :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 30 years .
==>> For OBC candidates :- Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 33 years .
==>> For SC/ST candidates :- Applicant age shoud be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 35 years .

~~~ Physical qualification for IPS Examination ~~~~

Height Criteria :-

>> Your Height should be 165cm for Male candidates .
>> Your Height should be 150cm for Female candidates .

Chest Criteria :-

>>Your Chest should be 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Male Candidate :-
>>Your Chest should be 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Female Candidates :-

~~ No of attempts ~~

# For General Category Candidates :- 4 Attempts
# For OBC Category Candidates :- 7 Attempts
# SC/ST Category Candidates :- No Attempts

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 04:01 PM
sanjeev B

Hello friend!
To becoming an IPS officer you need to complete you graduation from a recognized university.
After tht you need to apply for entrance exam conducted by the upsc department.
Selection process:
1.preliminary exam
2.main exam
3.interview
For more information visit: www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck
4th October 2012, 04:09 PM
sanjeev B

Hello friend!
To becoming an IPS officer you need to complete you graduation from a recognized university.
After tht you need to apply for entrance exam conducted by the upsc department.
Selection process:
1.preliminary exam
2.main exam
3.interview
For more information visit: www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck
4th October 2012, 04:24 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

You are not eligible to become a IPS Officer at the 10th class. You need to complete the graduation to become IPS Officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Officer. This exam conducted by the upsc once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality:

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

Candidate complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate no need to any kind of Percentage.

Age limit:

Candidate minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

Relaxation is applicable for other categories.

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Both male and female candidates are eligible to become IPS Officer.

No of attempts:

Candidate only 4 attempts for the General Category.

Candidate need to the 7 attempts for OBC Category.

Candidate need the no limit of attempts for the sc/st categories.

Physical Standards:

Height- 170 cms

Chest: 81 to 85 cms

Selection Process:

Written Test

Main Exam

Interview

for more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
4th October 2012, 05:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After studying 10th it is not possible to become an IPS officer.

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good physical Fitness.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have maintained a minimum physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:-

General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST:-

Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 03:29 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

no you are not eligible for IPS because min qualification is any degree from recognized university
So first of all complete your degree and you have so many time to preparation

IPS stands indian police services

It is a one of the civil services exam conducted by union public services

Eligibility :

You must be indian
You must be complete degree in any stream from a recognized university
You are age limit between 21 to 30 years
Age relaxation for obc and sc / st candidates

Number of attempts :

General : 4 times
Obc : 7 times
Sc / st : no limit

Selection process based on preliminary exam , main excom and interview process
2nd February 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i had completed diploma ECE after my 10th so what to do to become an IPS officer please give me an suggestion
29th June 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 10 give me step to choose the subject from class 11 to graduation and also tell about what time I will study I crack upset exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?