19th December 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

What is systematic proecture to become an IPS officer? I am studying in class 10th

What is the systematic procedure to become an ias officer. I am studying in class 10.what subject I opt and after that which course I do

19th December 2012, 07:43 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is systematic proecture to become an IPS officer? I am studying in class 10th

Indian Police Service(IPS) - To become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate being an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good physical fitness.

The selection of candidate for Civil Service Exam is through three stages:-

First of all the eligible candidate applying for it will call for a Preliminary exam which is called as CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test which comprises of objective type questions.

In second stage, the candidate selected out of CSAT will call for Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions.

In third stage finally the candidate selected out of Main exam will call for an Personal Interview.

As you are now in 10th, you should start your preparation for Civil Service Exam after completion of 12th. You can choose any subject in 12th or in Graduation level in which you will be comfortable as there is no specific subject for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th December 2012, 08:11 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is systematic proecture to become an IPS officer? I am studying in class 10th

Hi dear..............

AS you are interested to became an IAS officer for this you have to appear Civil Service Exam which is conducted through UPSC every year.....

The eligibility criteria to appear this exam.....

**The candidates should be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university , The final year students can also apply ..
**The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs..
*There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
**The candidates should be a citizen of India.

IAS exam pattern.

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..............
19th December 2012, 10:51 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The process is very simple. First finish your school and then complete graduation. After that you will be eligible for Civil Service Examination. This is the entire procedure to apply for Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service.

You should be worry about the subjects. Candidates are free to select subjects of their own choice. You simply need to complete graduation in any discipline. Whether its Bachelor of Arts, Commerce or Science degree, it is hardly an issue.

Therefore right now focus on the 12th. You are free to choose any subjects. If you are interested in Science stream, so be it. Same goes for Arts and Commerce. Upon completing 12th, pursue graduation and then start preparing for the Indian Police Service.

Since Civil Service Examination is quite competitive, you should start the preparations well in advance. having good command on English is very important. Therefore I would suggest that you should improve your English, if it isn't already.

General knowledge is also important. You can read newspapers and watch news to keep yourself updated. For other papers like general studies, I will recommend NCERT books for Class 12th.

Optional subjects could be very tricky. You should select the subjects that are related to your course. Subjects you find easy in School or college should be selected. Do not go for subjects that are not related to your course.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian national.

2. Minimum of bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.

5. OBC candidates are eligible for 3 years relaxation.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
19th December 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Can Art student apply for NDA?
19th December 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

basic requirement is to complete your graduation in any field

then in feb upsc (union public service commision) notification comes on website www.upsc.gov.in or dopt
fill up the form before deadline (offline or online)

either in last week of may or first week of june the preliminary exam is held consisting of two objective papers held on same day
1st paper is general studies
2nd paper is csat (civil services aptitude test)

the result comes in aug if you clear then you have to clear mains subjective exam held in oct-nov
1st paper english (300 marks)
2nd paper any elective language (300 marks)
3rd paper 1st optional subject (300 marks)
4th paper 2nd optional subject (300 marks)
5th paper general studies 1 (300 marks)
6th paper general studies 2 (300 marks)
7th essay paper (300 marks)

if you qualify mains the results are declared my march or before it and then you are called for personal interview for 200 marks at upsc, new delhi

note - while filling up the mains form your 1st preferance should be for IPS and then followed by others
the format of the above exam could change anytime so consider the above information just as a help and please keep on visiting www.upsc.gov.in for more correct and accurate information from time to time and one more thing as a advice please start from now by completing all your ncert texts from 6th - 12th of history, geography, economoics, polity do comprehensive and thurough newspaper reading and take guidance from your seniors who are in this field and join and classes for more guidance or help i would recommend to move to old rajendra nagar, new delhi its the hub for upsc aspirants......all the best
19th December 2012, 09:31 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What is systematic proecture to become an IPS officer? I am studying in class 10th

Hi,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

It is best decision taken by you.because IPS officer has Well power.

To become an IPS officer you must crack the Civil Service exam supported by UPSC i.e Union Public Service Center.

As we Know Civil Service Examination is quite competitive.So you should start preparations for exam.

Knowledge is Power if applied.

Eligibility
  • Candidate should complete graduation in any stream.
  • Candidate should be Indian national.
  • The age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.

I give you exam pattern this will help you to draw basic structure of your exam preparation.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

To do study use reference books that will give you whole knowledge.
English is important.So you should speak English well.

Cool....
20th December 2012, 04:51 PM
JYOTI PAA

HELLO SIR........

Indian Police Service

To become an IPS officer you must crack the Civil Service exam supported by UPSC i.e Union Public Service Center.As we Know Civil Service Examination is quite competitive.So you should start preparations for exam.

Eligibility : -YOU should complete graduation in any stream.
YOU should be Indian national.
Age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.

GOOD LUCK !

25th May 2013, 04:03 PM
a k 47

I am sorry to say that you have not eligibile crack this exam.But you passed 12th class then YOU should complete graduation in any stream.

Then you give I.A.S exam.I told you I.A.S exam eligibility.
Age Limit for IAS exams (civil services) - Eligibility for IAS -
Indian nationals who have attained the age of 21 years, and not have attained the upper age limit on 1st August of the year in which he/she attempts the exams are eligible. The upper age limit is given in the table below for various categories

General Category:30 years.

Other Backward Classes (OBC):33 years.

Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes:35 years.

blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons:40 years.

Educational Qualification
>The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recongnized university

>Final year degree students who will obtain degree by August 1, 2013 are also eligible for CSAT 2013

>The degree can be of any class (distinction, first, second etc.)

>Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university.

Number of attempts permitted

General Category: 4

OBC: 7

Physically Handicapped: 7

SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts

BEST OF LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?