21st August 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer after studying MBBS? What is the fee to study for IPS?

i am an 12 science student.can i become an i.p.s officer after studying m.b.b.s??what is the fee for the studying of i.p.s??

14th February 2013, 06:30 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after studying MBBS? What is the fee to study for IPS?

YES, you can become IPS officer after studying the MBBS course.

After MBBS you would be an graduate and this will allow you to appear in the exam that is held for selecting candidates for the IPS post.

The name of this exam is UPSC Civil servives exams.

In this exam thee are two stages of written tests called Prelims and Mains and the third stage is interview.

Eligibilty to apply for this exam is:
Graduation pass
Age should be between 21 and 30 years

There is no fees charged to do training for the IPS if you are selected
27th April 2013, 05:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after studying MBBS? What is the fee to study for IPS?

Yes, you can try for IPS. But it is not necessary to pursue MBBS degree, to apply for IPS. Graduation in any subject is enough to apply. After graduation, you should attend the selection procedure of UPSC. UPSC is the authority that arranges the written exam and interview (selection process) for IPS. There are no fees for training, once you got selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?