1st February 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

How to become a lecturer in India?

I really want this answer because I want to be a lecturer in India.

Related Questions:
  1. Will one fetch a better salary and a job in the post of a lecturer? Is there any difference between MS and M.Tech in India?
  2. How to get Lecturer jobs in Government colleges having completed M.Tech?
  3. How to become a lecturer in India?
  4. Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?
  5. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA
  6. How to do Ph.D in Maths from CMJ? I am a lecturer in Nepal
  7. How can I become a lecturer?
  8. Possibility to apply for M.Phil correspondence in any university of India for Physics Lecturer?
  9. How to become a lecturer in good colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to take admission in BSc Microbiology after completing D.Ed?
  11. Criteria for working as a lecturer in colleges as a Biological Sciences Lecturer?
  12. Is there any chance to apply for lecturer post in India? I have done MSc, B.Ed, M.Phil, SET
  13. How may I apply for government lecturer posts after completing MBA with first class?
  14. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  15. Can I become a lecturer if I have 49% in degree and 65% in MBA? Is there any other course which I can do to become a lecturer and earn 40k a month?
  16. What should I do to become a lecturer? I am a M.A in Bengali
  17. Which stream in M.Tech ECE can help me in becoming a Lecturer?
  18. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
1st February 2013, 01:32 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a lecturer in India?

To become a Lecturer, one has to apply, appear and crack NET exam after Post Graduation Degree with required eligibility.

NET 0- National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC twice every year one in June and other December every year for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) in any stream from a recognised University. Thetre is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
1st February 2013, 02:13 PM
chandrakalathyaga

Thumbs up Re: How to become a lecturer in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U should be a post graduate first...
***Then u can work for private junior colleges or as a contract lecturer for some university or Government degree colleges...
***There will be notification for Junior Lecturers with written test..
*** if u qualified NET/SLET or Ph.D it is enough to survive as lecturer.
*** Another way, the person who worked as a School Assistant in Government High Schools can get promotion as Junior Lecturer.

choose any one of these and achieve it.

Wish u Good Luck..
1st February 2013, 04:17 PM
mayankt

Hi,

To become a lecturer in any state of India rules are same as far as colleges are approved by AICTE.
If you are a Just BE or BTech then you can apply for visiting faculty only, not as a lecturer. To become a lecturer in any engineering college you must be ME or MTech in respective field

Good Luck...
1st February 2013, 04:58 PM
daizam

Quote:
hello,
for becoming a lecturer in India,you must have cleared U.G.C net exam......many universities take lecturers on temporary basis,but for permanent basis one must have done Phd. in a particular subject from any recognized university.....
all the best......
1st February 2013, 05:38 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

To become a lecturer you will have to write NET- national eligibility test exam. This exam conduct by UGC-university grant comission.

Every year net exam held two time in june and december for jrf and lecturership.

To write net exam you must have post graduate degree with 55% from recognise university.Reserve candidate should have 50% in PG.

For this exam no upper age limit for lecturership.

For jrf candidate age should be maximum 28 year.

Relaxation for reserve candidate.

For more detail--- www.ugc.ac.in
1st February 2013, 06:29 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

To be a lecturer, first of all, you will have to appear for the NET examination.

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

NET examination is conducted by UGC(University Grants Commission) twice every year in the months of June and December.

The eligibility criteria required for NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST contendors) from any recognised university.

* Age limit- no age bar for the post of Lectureship.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
1st February 2013, 07:11 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello,

In order to become a lecturer in any recognized university in India , one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

1. Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.

2. Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.

3. Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.

The National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year and for more information regarding the test, you may refer to www.ugcnetonline.in

GOOD LUCK
1st February 2013, 07:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

There is nothing to worry about how to become lecturer in India.

I am providing you all the required details regarding your query.

For becoming lecturer in India,you have to qualify for the NET examinations.

Let me explain you the NET examinations.

NET stands for the National eligibility test.It is conducted twice every year by the University Grants commission.One in the june and other in the december.

The eligibility criteria for the NET exams are :

1.You must have passed your post graduation in any stream from a recognised university with at least minimum of 55% of marks.

If you are pursuing your final year of post graduation then also you can give the NET exams.

There is no upper age limit for the UGC-NET exams.However the minimum age is 21 years.

The examination pattern for the NET is :

If you wish to apply for the examinations then kindly visit www.ugcnetonline.in.

For any other information visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
1st February 2013, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

To become a Lecturer in India you should have a Post Graduate Degree. This is the minimum requirement.

For Government lecturer post you have to qualify UGC NET or CSIR NET based on the your subjects in post graduation.

So if you are a Post Graduate then you can apply for NET and qualify it with a good score. After getting the score card you will be eligible for Lecturer post in Colleges.
If you have higher score than other who have applied for the post then you will get the lecturer post.

NET paper will be in your field of subject means if you are M.Sc Chemistry then you have to give NET paper in Chemistry.

So study hard and crack NET .

In Private Professional Colleges the lecturer are appointed on the basis of Master Degree i.e if you are having a M.Tech. Degree then you can apply for lecturer post in colleges who are offering B.Tech. course.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
1st February 2013, 09:28 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become a lecturer in India?

Quote:

How to become a lecturer in India

The best way to become a lecturer in a reputed college in India is by clearing the National Eligibility Test(NET)

The NET Exam is conducted every year by the UGC(University Grants Commission) in the months of June and December for lectureship as well as JRF

A candidate is eligible to appear for the NET Exam if :-

>> candidate has completed post graduation from a recognized institute..

>> candidate must have secured an aggregate of 55% in post graduation without rounding off (50% for SC/ST candidates)

>> candidates applying for JRF must be less than 28 years of age but there is no upper age restriction for the lectureship candidates..

You will be facing 3 papers which you need to clear before you can become a lecturer :-

>> paper-1 which will be having 60 questions out of which you need to attempt any 50 questions in 75 minutes..

paper-2 will contain 50 questions to be answered in 75 minutes..

paper-3 will have 75 questions to be attempted in 120 minutes..

The paper-1 is common for all the candidates but paper-2 and paper-3 are based on your post graduation subject..

Hence I have attached a few previous year question papers of Paper-1

You can go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

You can also visit Click Here for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2012 Paper-I_Set-W.pdf(172.0 KB, 553 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2011Paper-I (SET-X).pdf(170.7 KB, 266 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET June 2010 SET-W Paper-1.pdf(290.3 KB, 445 views)
1st February 2013, 10:05 PM
Sikdu

to become a lecturer you need to qualify NET exam after you have completed your post graduation
12th February 2013, 09:37 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Nice to see that you want to become a lecturer.

If you want to become a lecturer then you can do this by cracking the National eligibility Test (NET).

The university Grants Commission (UGC) conducts the National eligibility Test two times in a year in June and december to recruit candidates for the following posts :

a) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

b) Lecturer

The Qualifications Required For National eligibility Test are :

* You must be an Indian.

* You must have completed your post graduation from any UGC recognized university.

* You must have got a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* If you are applying for the post of JRF , then your age should lie in between 21-28 years.

* Relaxation of 3 years in upper age is given to OBC candidates.

* Relaxation of 5 years in upper age is given to SC/ST candidates.

* There is no age limit for the post of lecture ship.

* There is no bar on the number of attempts for the examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

3rd June 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

How to become a lecturer in mass communication in India?
26th June 2013, 08:50 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

[IMG][/IMG]

•> There is no need for further education if you want to become lecturer. You simply have to appear for the National Eligibility Test by the University Grants Commission to become lecturer in government colleges.

> Your MBA degree will be sufficient enough to apply for the exam. The NET exam is bi yearly exam that is conducted in June and December of every year.

•> Although there is not need to study further however if you still want to then PhD is the course for you. It is also possible to become lecturer after completing PhD as well.

♦>> NET Eligibility :~

1. Nationality: NET is open for Indian nationals.

2. Course: Any master degree course is accepted.

3. Marks: must have secured at least 55 percent.

4. Marks: 50 percent for only SC/ST.

5. NET Subject: Depends on PG course. Your NET subject will be Management.

6. Attempts: No limit at all.

7. Age (JRF) - 28 years of younger are allowed to appear.

8. Age (lectureship): There is no upper age limit.

♦>> Remunerations after becoming a Lecturer :~

•> There is a lot of scope for those who are joining as a Lecturer in the present scenario. One can get as many as 20,000 per month to start with and go upto 50,000 with experience and promotions.

> Apart from joining a private or Government College with considerably good salaries one can also go for private tuitions centre and can earn some extra money along with regular job of a lecturer.

•> With the growth of education field making a good carrier is not a tough task for the deserving and hard working persons.

♦>> Carrier option for a Lecturer :~

• Lecturer
• Reader
• Assistant Professor
• Professor
• Head of the department

•> With higher qualification and one’s own ability in varying fields of education one can go as high as Vice-Chancellor of the University.

For becoming a good lecturer one should have very good knowledge and skill about teaching techniques. For these one should try to join the best possible colleges in India.

♦>> Instructions :~

*1. Earn a Masters or PhD. A doctorate is preferable to be a lecturer on the university circuit. You may have more working and life experience than someone who has earned a Masters or doctoral degree, but let's face it-education often equals credibility. Unless you're a bestselling author, apply for enrollment at a university for an advanced degree.

* 2. Become an expert in the field in which you wish to lecture. Oprah Winfrey has no advanced degrees other than those that are honorary, but because she's an expert who has set the standard for all other talk shows, she has no problem with credibility when lecturing or giving speeches at commencements.

You don't have to become an Oprah, but if you expect to become a lecturer on the university circuit without an advanced degree, you need to make a name for yourself.

* 3. Start small. If your church, school, or other organizations need someone to give a talk in your area of expertise, volunteer. Never look at something as being too small. Give your lecture as though you're giving it to a sold-out auditorium. You'll be surprised how quickly the word will spread of how good you are.

* 4. Volunteer to give free lectures, if the an organization has little or no budget to pay you. Free gigs often lead to paying gigs.

* 5. Join a speakers bureau.

>> Hope for your nice future scope . . .
19th August 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have completed my B.Sc Mathematics. Now i would like to do M.Sc psychology. Is this possible to become a lecturer in psychology if i complete my Masters degree?
19th August 2013, 10:37 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

One can become lecturer in India by appearing for the National Eligibility Test. This test is conducted by the University Grants Commission for the college under the control of central government.

The National Eligibility Test helps in keeping the standard of education in government colleges high. This exam is conducted twice every year. You have the option to appear for it in June or December.

There are similar exams conducted at the state level as well. A large number of states conduct State Eligibility Test which is conducted on the same line and even the eligibility criteria is same. For example Gujarat SET is the entrance exam for lectureship in colleges funded by the government of Gujarat.

You can appear for the National Eligibility Test if meets the following criteria.

NET Eligibility

1. Nationality: Your nationality should be Indian.

2. Qualification: Must be post graduate to apply for NET.

3. Marks: 55 percent in post graduation required to apply.

4. Relaxation: There is 5% for SC/ST.

5. OBC do not get any marks relaxation.

6. It is allowed for final year students of PG to apply for exam.

7. The subject for NET will depend on the course you undertook in post graduation.

8. Candidate applying for Junior Research Fellowship should be less than 28 years old.

9. OBC can apply for JRF till 31 years.

10. While SC/ST is allowed to apply till 33 years.

11. Lecturer candidate should be 19 years old.

12. There is no upper age limit for lecturer job.
2nd November 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the differences between CSIR NET & UGC NET?
Is there any benefit in having Ph.D in any subject if I try to be a professor?
What is the difference between JRF and NET?
6th March 2014, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

I do not understand what actualy one has to do to become a lecturer in english..? What os JRF exams?
10th September 2014, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my M.com from ignou university with a first division, and I am interested to be a lecturer. So want to know do i meet the eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam..???

Reply soon....!!!!!
10th September 2014, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

actually i have completed my schooling this year ane now i am doing english honour from ignou collage. I would like to see myself as a lacture what all basic skills we must have
3rd June 2015, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

after doing your 10th class select your favourite stream in 11th and 12th class after 12th class select a course B.A in under graduate degree for 3 years and one year of b ed again select course M.A for 2 years in post graduate level. then 1year m.ed for this you become a teacher. If you want high level lecturer so after m a or m.ed you should complete the degree of doctrate (PH.D) for 2-3 years..
3rd August 2015, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Post graduation Diploma Program 2 years recognized by UGC- AICTE and working in corporate for 20 years how can I start my career as Lectures please guide me
1st March 2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am the student of bsc (hons) physics 2nd year. then, how I become a associate professor?
11th May 2017, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bachelor degree in commerce and have a great command on English can I become a lecturer of English after clearing NET exam?
23rd December 2017, 05:20 AM
Unregistered

Is it true that, for mathematics and statistic people the lecturership(UGC-NET) in the subject of Population theory is also valid?

For example, I am MSc(maths) and i have no lecturership (NET or SLET or PhD) but i have NET in Population Theory. Can i become Lecturer in Mathematics?

Please help..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?