5th March 2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

How to become an officer in Indian Navy after scoring 60% in graduation

my percentage in graduation is 60 and i want to be an officer in indiannavy

18th July 2013, 02:40 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an officer in Indian Navy after scoring 60% in graduation

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for Indian navy. A graduation completed candidate can be eligible for Indian Navy through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility Details:-

For Indian Naval academy the candidate should be complete graduation in engineering from a recognised university.

For Indian Airforce academy the candidate should be complete graduation in engineering from a recognised university.

For Indian Military academy the candidate should be complete bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

For Officers Training Academy the candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Age criteria:-

For Indian Military academy--> 19 years to 24 years,

For Indian Airforce academy--> 19 to 23 years,

For Indian Naval academy --> 19 years to 22 years,

For Officers Training Academy--> 19 years to 25 years.

There is no upper age relaxation.

Male and Female both are eligible.

Candidate should be physically fit.

Percentage is not important to appear this exam.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview,

Medical test.

Syllabus:-

English--> 100 marks,

General knowledge--> 100 marks,

Elementary mathematics--> 100 marks.

All the best.
20th July 2013, 08:47 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an officer in Indian Navy after scoring 60% in graduation

Hi Friend................

If you want to become an Officer in Indian Navy with graduation then you can crack for CDS Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

CDS Eligibility Details: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.

Eligibility Details:

Educational Qualification:

(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or
equivalent.

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering.

(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Nationality:

Should be a citizen of India

Age Limit:

(i) For IMA: 19-24 years

(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: 19-22 years

(iii) For Air Force Academy: 19-23 years

(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy: 19-25 years

Note: Those candidates who are studying in the final years Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?