10th December 2016, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IAS examination? How much should I score in the exam to get qualified?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS Officer and It is my dream job so I want to know how can I apply for IAS examination? How much should I score in the exam to get qualified? Please answer as soon as possible.

12th December 2016, 06:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS examination? How much should I score in the exam to get qualified?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and the candidates have to qualify in each of the stages for selection in the next stage.

The cut off marks for each stage is different and different for reserved category. The preliminary examination is of 200 marks and the cut off score varies every year.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th December 2016, 09:11 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS examination? How much should I score in the exam to get qualified?

--- To apply for IAS exam, you must have passed at least graduation degree.

--- You must have passed graduation degree from any recognized university.

--- You must have scored at least 55% in your graduation degree to apply IAS exam.

--- You should try to score as much as you can in IAS exam. Last year the final cutoff for IAS exam is 877 for general category candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?