11th September 2011, 04:39 PM
prasadmahindra

How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

Could u please tell me how can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

Related Questions:
  1. How much package will I get after passing B.ech CSE in IT sector
  2. Which programming languages should ECE Btech learn to get jobs in software industry?
  3. Indraprastha University BCA 6th Sem- Programming with C Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  4. WBUT, BCA, 1st Sem-PC Software (BCA104) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  5. Is it true that M.Tech computer science is not in demand these days? Is it better to do M.Tech CS after B.Tech? Should I go for learning various programming languages?
  6. How to start preparation to become a great software engineer? I am a 2nd year BSc student having mathematics and statistics as Major subjects
  7. Which courses to be continued after B.Tech computer science if I am interested in learning programming languages?
  8. What kind of jobs are available for ECE students? Do we have to pursue any other courses other than B.E for job? can ECE student go in software field if he is good in programming languages?
  9. Is there any training course related to Computer Science department?
  10. Short term courses for B.Com honours student? -- [New]
  11. Difference between C, C++, Java, Oracle, Dotnet?
  12. Is there any scope in VLSI design for getting a job in Multinational Company?
  13. Is physics compulsory for software engineer?
  14. Books to be referred to study C? I am preparing for TCS
  15. What are the career opportunities and future prospective available after completing B.Sc course? How may I get details about short term courses like C, C++, Java, French, German etc? Which one will suit in me among these courses?
  16. Skills needed for a good job in Software development after B.E (Computer science) with basic knowledge of C, C++, Java, HTML and C#?
  17. Which course is good for summer vacations for computer science btech student? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I do MS course in India after completion of BCA?
12th September 2011, 11:45 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadmahindra View Post
Could u please tell me how can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

HOW TO BECOME A GOOD SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Yes, indeed learning programming languages is the key to become a good software engineer but that's not the only quality which is needed by the software industries... there are some of the other qualities which they see in a candidate which are as follows....

-> GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS : This is one of the needed quality for working in a software industry... you must be good enough to communicate your idea to others in the way they understand... now a days most of the projects are based on the foreign platform, so to interact with the clients you must need a good communication skill... So try to improve your communication skill day by day...

-> TEAM PLAYER : To have the skill to work in a team, as you know the project done in the software companies are done not by an individual but as a team, so you must be ready to work as a team and contribute as a team...

-> EXPERT IN ONE LANGUAGE : Finally one of the important thing is to know different programming languages but what is more important is to be expert in one particular language, for eg. say if you learned C, C++, JAVA etc. and you know JAVA more than anything and can tackle any type of problem in it, then you have many chance to get a good job and to become a expert in the field you are and get into the higher post within 2 years time...

These three points is the most important things to keep in mind to become a software engineer, and there are still lot more to learn which you will know when you start your career...
13th September 2011, 12:27 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

dear friend,
To become a software engineer you must be good in programming knowledge, beside this you must have a vast technical knowledge..

So, if you want to become a software engineer then practice programming language as much as possible.
Think different programs and write them by your own..
Which will help you to get a better concept..

You have to also study your text books throughly.. which will help you to gather more knowledge..

So, go for it..
All the best.
13th September 2011, 09:26 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

Dear friend,
to become a good software engineer engineer definitely you have to grasp the skills on the following things:
1. Java
2. DBMS
3. SQL
4. Dot Net
5. Operating System
6. Software Engineering etc.
You should not only focus on programing but also you should enhance the skill on the above mentioned things.
Thank you.
13th September 2011, 02:03 PM
mmanju2

Post Re: How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

simply learning the porgramming languages like c, c++,or java etc doesn't distinguish you from other software engg. You must think the logic behind every program that u learn independently.To get better knowledge workout those programs in your system or laptop.attend the IT conferences if possible to get update of the technology used for modern devices. try to develop your own technology.it may be difficult at the begining but if u follow u will be a perfect software engineer.
14th September 2011, 03:16 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
What is the best training for becoming a software engineer? ... to be really good SW engineers and some don't (just like in any profession). ... Anyone can get the degree if they work hard enough (that would go for nearly all degrees out there). .... Learning programming languages isn't hard, but learning to effectively solve ...
Thanks,
15th September 2011, 12:25 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadmahindra View Post
Yes its not a big thing.If you can do hard work then you can be the master in

programming.Its only depend on you.Programming field is not as tough as

people think.Its a very good field and there is so much scope So its very good

for you to choose programming field.If you want to be a good programmer

then you should do regular practice on programming.So its very helpful for

you.Mainly you have to clear your all concepts on programming so by the help

of this you can do programming very good.You should do programming from

first step.So do hard work.

All the best.
15th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing BE in Information technology.What should i do to be a good software engineer?
15th January 2012, 11:48 PM
Navin Balla
Junior Member+

Cool Re: How can i become a good software engineer? Is learning programming languages enough?

For becoming a good software engineer you must have following qualaties.

1. Full Programming Knowledge.
2. You must anylise the user requirement.
3. Accuracy should be Mantain.
4. Team Working should be done.
5. The software should be Updatable according to users requirement.

----Thank You----

Navin Balla
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?