8th August 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? What are the qualifications required to become one?

How to become ias officer? What are the qualifications to become one? Please tell me about IAS

9th August 2011, 01:17 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? What are the qualifications required to become one?

You can become an IAS officer only after passing through all the stages of the exams meant for an IAS to appear. The exam for IAS is conducted by UPSC and there are 3 stages of the exam.

1.Preliminary Exam

2.Mains Exam

3.Interview

Only after passing through all these stages a person will have the post of an IAS officer.

The minimum qualification for IAS exam is that the candidate must be holding a degree in any field from some recognized institution or university.

The age of the candidate must be in between 21-30 years at the time of examination. There is a 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and SC/ST candidates have 5 years age relaxation.

Maximum number of attempts provided to general category candidates are 4, for OBC candidates a maximum of 7 attempts are allowed while for SC/ST candidates there is no restrictions on attempts, the age eligibility is the only restriction.
30th September 2011, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? What are the qualifications required to become one?

I am a t.y.bcom appair student with ncc how can make Ias officer.
1st October 2011, 12:05 AM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

union public service commission(UPSC) conducts the exam for IAS
which is one of the high profiled exam olde in india every year......
for which the eligibility criteria is;

-you must be graduate from any recognized university
-as an appearing candidate you can also apply for the exam
-your age should be between 21-30 for general
-for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
-for SC/ST candidate upper age limit is 35 years

number of attempts

-for general-4 attempts
-for OBC- 7 attempts
-for SC/ST- no limits

for further details you can visit the link

www.upsc.gov.in
11th January 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I student BE-student(1year) & and want to become an IAS officer so which type of planning will be better for me!
19th January 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

can i appear upsc exam after completing b. tech. or b. e.?
1st February 2012, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

I am b.a passed with 64%. Can i appear ias
5th February 2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Hai all mbbs eng basic qualification
is predegree but ias its graduate
is thr any change happend future
2nd June 2012, 01:21 PM
anjali rani123

IS phsycology and economics both optional paper will suitable for IAS preparaion?
29th March 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

i also want become IAS officer bt my study related to medical field doing post bsic bsc nsg pls tell me detail about elibilities !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?