22nd September 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Income Tax Officer?

Please tell me in detail about how to become an Income Tax Officer. I am currently in 3rd year B.Com (Hons).

28th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an Income Tax Officer?

I'm Trilok Mankar,I'va Complete grad.in B.A.,i'va complete 29Y.,Plz tell me how to enter in income tax dept. & also tell me which syllabus are the best.
11th November 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a chartered accountant, i want to fight IRS exam , what is the procedure to take part in it
11th December 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of ito
11th December 2011, 11:19 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

The Income Tax exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission). The exam is held once in a year.

Eligibility To become an Income tax officer

* Candidates should have age limit must be within 18 to 27 years.
* Candidates should complete graduation from a recognized university.
* Candidates should be physically fit.

Exam is of three types

* Preliminary exam
* Main Exam
* Interview.

* Exam subjects are General Intelligence,Arithmetical Ability,General English,General Awareness.

If you have certain eligibility and if you passed the examination then you will become an Income tax officer.

Best wishes
17th December 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Any girl can fight this ito Exam?
20th December 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me in detail about how to become an Income Tax Officer. I am completed BE
21st December 2011, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

i m in bcom hons 1st yr. in du.which is the best coaching centre for preparation for the exams of income tax officer?
21st December 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any girl can fight this ito Exam?
yes any girl can also become an income tax officer
16th January 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i m in bsc 1st yr n i m student of zoology honours n i want be a incom tax officer.so plz give me knowledge about how i should prepare n what d syllabous for dis
24th January 2012, 11:28 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me in detail about how to become an Income Tax Officer. I am completed BE
if your interested to become an Income Tax Officer , then you should apply for SSC ( Staff Service Commission ) . For this examination you have to face , Written Examination / Oral Test and Physical Test .

Eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Examination :-

Nationality :- You should be citizen of India .

Educational Qualification :- The applicant should be complete bachelor degree in any stream from recognized university or Institution .

Age Limit :- Your age should be 18 years to 27 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates for 5 years and OBC candidates for 3 years .

Physical Standard :- You should physically as well as mentally fit for the Examination .
Your Height should be :- 157.5cm , Your Chest should be :- 81cm and fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

Syllabus for Income Tax Officer Examination is consist of General Intelligence / General English / Arithmetical Ability / General Awareness etc..

The Written Examination is divided into Preliminary Examination and Main Examination . The Important Notification and Syllabus for this Examination may be published in employment news papers / Gazette India etc...

So , Interest to become an Income Tax Officer then satisfy the eligibility then apply for Examination which conducted by SSC .
25th January 2012, 01:32 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its a great opportunity for you that your examination as The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts this examination every year

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by SSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

However,there are some Eligibility criteria such as:

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 years and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

4.Application form:

a)Application form will be available from February every year at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

5.Selection Procedure:

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

6.Syllabus:

a)General Intelligence:It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions,percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness: It consists of the general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society,

knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect .

The test will also include History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

For more visit its official site:http://www.ssc.nic.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf income tax.pdf(37.5 KB, 60 views)
25th January 2012, 12:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an Income Tax Officer you have to appear for the exam conducted by SSC(STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION) the exam is held every year.

The eligible candidate should be an Indian National within the age of18 to 27 years of age having completed graduation from any stream from a recognised University. The upper age is relaxed for OBC for 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidate. The candidate should posses good mental and physical fitness.

The exam comprises of General Inteligence, General English, Arithmatical Ability and General Awareness etc.

The selection of ITO is through three phases:-

Written Preliminary exam
Written Main exam
Personal Interview

The notification and syllabus for ITO SSC exam is generally published in employment
news papers/ gazette hence be updated with this if you are interested for the job of Income Tax Officer.
25th January 2012, 12:41 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an Income Tax Officer you have to appear for the exam conducted by SSC(STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION) the exam is held every year.

The eligible candidate should be an Indian National within the age of18 to 27 years of age having completed graduation from any stream from a recognised University. The upper age is relaxed for OBC for 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidate. The candidate should posses good mental and physical fitness.

The exam comprises of General Inteligence, General English, Arithmatical Ability and General Awareness etc.

The selection of ITO is through three phases:-

Written Preliminary exam
Written Main exam
Personal Interview

The notification and syllabus for ITO SSC exam is generally published in employment
news papers/ gazette hence be updated with this if you are interested for the job of Income Tax Officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?