21st August 2013, 01:06 AM
aju shipalkar

How can I become an IPS officer if I am a student of B.E 3rd year

sir, I am the student of B.E 3rd yr. and I want to become IPS so, please guidance me ? how I can prepare?

23rd August 2013, 01:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer if I am a student of B.E 3rd year

Dear Friend

Its good that you have taken an early initiative towards your goal right from the third year of engineering.

IPS stands for the Indian Police services .In order to become the IPS officer ,you have to crack one of the most toughest exam of India conducted by the UPSC called Civil services exam .

It has three stages :

1.Civil services aptitude test

2.Main exam

3.Personal interview.

First of all you should fulfill the eligibility criteria:

>>Minimum of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university is required.Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

So you can apply for the exam during your final year of engineering at www.upsconline.nic.in.

>>The age limit is 21-30 years and relaxation upto three years to obc and five year to sc/st candidates in upper age limit.

>>You must be an Indian citizen.

>>There are four attempts for general candidates ,seven for obc and no limit for sc/st candidates.

This was all about eligibility criteria .Now coming to how to prepare right from third year of bachelor's degree.

>>It would be better if you a join a good coaching institute from the third year for better preparation:

1.Rao's IAS study circle

2.Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy

3.Chanakya's IAS academy

4.Khan study group

>>Try to read newspapers ,watch news channel for better command over general knowledge as it as an important topic for getting success.

>>Make a proper routine and devote at least 4 hours extra for civil services exam other than your college study.

>>Have strong determination towards your goal and never fear from being unsuccessful .

>>Labour as much as possible in studies.

For any more details or previous year papers please visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query ,please leave here ,we will reply you as soon as possible.

all the best for your career

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?