28th December 2014, 11:34 AM
SASANKA DAS

How can I become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and qualification?

How i can be an ips officer? Please tell me details about the procedure and qualifications for being an ips officer.

21st March 2015, 02:42 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and qualification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASANKA DAS View Post
How i can be an ips officer? Please tell me details about the procedure and qualifications for being an ips officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. If you want to become an IPS officer then, you have to apply for the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

Civil service exam is conducted in two phases called:
  1. Preliminary exam and
  2. Main Exam
Eligibility:

Candidates should have completed at least their bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university.

Those candidates who have appeared for final examination and waiting for the results are also applicable.

Age of candidates should be minimum 21 years. And it should not exist 30 years in case of general category.

Age relaxation applicable for reserved category up to 3 years of Other Backward Class and up to 5 years for SC/ST.

Candidates must have nationality of India.

Attempt Limit:
  • General category - minimum 4 attempts
  • OBC category - minimum 7 attempts
  • SC/ST category - No limit
21st March 2015, 07:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and qualification?

Do not worry, here is the step by step approach to become I.P.S (Indian Police Services) officer.

Step 1: You need to become eligible for the Civil Services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. Eligibility criteria is as below:

>>Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>Your age must be between 21-30 years if you are from general category. Candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST have upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.

>>Indian citizenship is necessary.

Step 2: After becoming eligible for the Civil Services exam, you need to apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in. The notifications are generally out in May/June of every year.

Step 3: You will have to clear all the three stages of Civil Services examination:

>>Preliminary exam : It is of qualifying nature.You will have to crack this stage to become eligible for Mains exam.

>>Main Examination.

>>Personal Interview.

Rank list is released after deciding a particular cut off depending upon number of vacancies in which top slots are for the Indian Administrative Services after that it is for Indian Police Services. Rank list is prepared on the basis of performance of candidates in mains exam and personal interview.

For any more details, visit official website www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2015, 08:09 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

IPS exam stands for Indian Police Service which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Education Qualification:-

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in any stream. Appearing in final year candidates is eligible for IPS exam.

Age limit-

Minimum age limit is 21 years.

Maximum age limit is 30 years.

Age relaxation:-

3 years age relaxation for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST

You must be citizen of India.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit

Exam Pattern:-

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2015, 10:39 PM
pabolu srivalli

In order to become an IPS officer you need to appear for the UPSC civil services examination.and to appear for the UPSC civil services recruitment you should possess certain eligibility criteria such as the
  1. Should have attained 21 years and should not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should have to possess Graduate degree from any of the discipline of study from any of the recognied institute of study
  3. Should belong to the Citizen of India only.
These are the minimum eligibility criteria which are needed in order to appear for the recruitment

Procedure to become an IPS officer you need to under go three sections of examinations which will be taking place for year long process.
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Main Examination
  3. Interview

After completing every round of selection process you can become an IPS officer and each and every round of selection are important to qualify for the next round.
21st March 2015, 10:53 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

For apply IPS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

If you want to become an IPS officer then, first you have to apply for Civil Service Examination.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear:- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview
21st March 2015, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASANKA DAS View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Selection procedure:-

1)Preliminary exam
2)Mains exam
3)Physical test
4)Inrterview
22nd March 2015, 12:19 PM
matamanju

Hello Friend

Every Year in the month of May The UPSC is going to publish the notification of IPS.

Education qualification:

One who want to become an ips officer degree is the qualification.

The application fee is 100 rupess for the st and sc candidates fee was exempted

The candidate age should be in the range of 21 to 32 years

Relaxation of reservation candidates according to rules.

The selection will be made on the written and interview.

Applicants have to apply on-line on UPSC official website

upsconline.nic.in
22nd March 2015, 07:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Nice;I am very pleased with your aim that you want to become an IAS officer but I think that make your aim come true as almost every parents and child think to be an IAS officer in future but every year only about 120 only became able in making there dream comes true

As the IAS examination is taken through civil services examination and is conducted by UPSC and the eligibility is a graduate student with age between 21-30 yrs for general candidates there is also relaxation on age for other caste students.
The examination is conducted on three stages
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
The candidates who qualifies all the three round and with rank within 120 are only able to get the post of IAS otherwise thay have to satisy with other position.
So I want to state you that iin which class you are if your aim is to be an IAS then start.preparing from now.
22nd March 2015, 08:45 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Guest,

To become an IPS officer you have to appear in Indian Police Service(IPS) examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

The Below is the minimum qualification required to eligible for IPS exam:

<> Age must be in between 21 to 30 year.Age relaxation for other category is as per Indian Government rule.

<> Candidate Have to complete Bachelor's degree.

<> No minimum percentage required in graduation to become eligible in IPS.

<> Only a citizen of India can apply for IPS.

<> Applicant have to Physically and Mentally Fit.

<> General candidate can attempt only 3 times for IPS.OBC can attempt 5 times.

Selection in IPS take place in 3 steps

1. Written Examination.

2. Personal Interview.

3. Fitness Test.

All successful candidate are received offer letters from Indian Police Service.

All the best.
22nd March 2015, 09:22 PM
unique99

Yes you can be an IPS Officer the procedure and qualification given below:-

IPS(Indian Police Services)is conducted by UPSC every year.

Qualification needed becoming an IPS officer:-

1.A Graduate or a final year candidate can apply for UPSC conducted IPS entrance exam.

2.Age:General:21-32 years, OBC:21-35 years S/C S/T: 21-37 years.

3.Must be a citizen of India.

4.Attempts:General:6 times, OBC: 9 times S/C S/T: Unlimited.

Candidates to clear:-

1.Preliminary(CSAT)exam.

2.Mains Exam.

3.Interview.
24th March 2015, 10:47 AM

You can become an IPS officer by taking the CIVIL SERVICES EXAM.

IPS is Indian Police services and it is the same exam by which IAS, IFS and IRS officers gets selected.
The exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in three phases: Pre, Mains and Interview.

You should be between 21 to 32 years of age for taking the exam and you get a relaxation of 3 years if you are from backward classes and a relaxation of 5 years if you are from SC/ST.

A graduation degree if needed for taking the exam but you can fill the form when you are in final year and you should have completed your degree when you sit for mains exam.

After passing pre, mains and interview, you get All India Rank and if you secure a good rank (probably under 100-150 All India)- you can choose to be an IPS officer.
25th March 2015, 10:16 AM
matamanju

Hello friend

IPS means Indian police service

The IPS is the part of the Civil service and this exam will be conducted by the UPSC

Graduation is the qualification for the Civil services

The One Who has completed 21 years of age is the eligibility and not be older than 30 years of age

A minimum height of 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women.

The minimum chest expanded 84 cm for men 79 cm for women expansion of 5 cm for both men and women.

exams will be conducted by the

preliminary examination

main examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?