13th August 2011, 09:32 PM
Vishal Kamalakannan

How can I improve myself in Maths?

Hi
I am studying in 11th standard. I face lots of problems in solving maths sums. But I can manage very well in physics and chemistry. Maths is my weakness and my main hindrance. Please give me some valuable advice to overcome the problem as I have got only 2 years left for preparation.

15th August 2011, 11:47 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I improve myself in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal Kamalakannan View Post
Hi
I am studying in 11th standard. I face lots of problems in solving maths sums. But I can manage very well in physics and chemistry. Maths is my weakness and my main hindrance. Please give me some valuable advice to overcome the problem as I have got only 2 years left for preparation.

TIPS TO IMPROVE MATHS SKILLS

Most of us have this problem when coming into higher secondary studies, that is fear of Maths.. but i can tell you it is the easiest subject where you can score full marks when compared with physics and chemistry...

-> The first and foremost thing which you have to follow to do maths well is to spend lot of time working the problems again and again...

-> Set a time daily to workout maths problems and make it your routine.. just workout the problems again and again which you are not sure of the solutions..

-> Maths is not the subject like physics and chemistry where we mug the theory part..... Maths have to be worked out in paper to understand it...

-> So don't skim through the problems instead workout each problem, once you cultivate this habit then for sure you will get the confidence in maths...

-> If you feel you are not able to concentrate properly and not able to find the solutions then better go for maths tuition.. where you can clear your doubts...

All the Best..
15th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003
Smile Re: How can I improve myself in Maths?

Quote:
Hi
Dear friend in response your above mention query i want to suggest you to remember all formula and try to solve problem its fact that in the Ist time may be answer will be not right but you should try and i am sure that answer will come definitely just because practice makes a man perfect.

With Best Regards
Md. Raja Azher
15th August 2011, 12:04 PM
reshma210

Wink Re: How can I improve myself in Maths?

Try to do maths in early morning. Daily write trigonometry and differentiation formula atleast two times before starting to work out the problems because once you know the formulas well then its easy to learn maths. And after studying any subject close the book and sit in calm place, close your eyes and then try to recall the concepts what you studied then definitely you will not forgot that concept. All the best for your future. Bye.
15th August 2011, 12:25 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I improve myself in Maths?

Hi dear...
this is not only your problem lot of students face this problem in higher classes due to lack of practice .
* the first tips for work out in mathematics to practice the sums always.
*try to solve the problem again & again
*In mathematics it is compulsory to understand the process how to solve or the process how to do.
*you should mug the for-mules used in mathematics to solve the problem.
etc...

good luck.......
15th August 2011, 12:35 PM
deba93

Hello dear friend,first of all let me convey you the fact that students liking subjects like Physics are bound to like Mathematics.
Maths is a unique subject that finds its application in all other subjects as well as in our daily life.From now look after Maths like playing games & try solving more & more problems.
Remember studying sciences in 10+2 is never that easy,so don't take anything for granted.Just follow some routines on a day-to-day basis.
Before going to solving problems,devote a little for the solved egs.

Remember,only when you start climbing a mountain,you shall aspire to conquer it.And, never lose heart when you make mistakes.
Hope this helps....
15th August 2011, 01:24 PM
Bmsri

Simple, just constant practice can improve you in maths. Many students are weak in maths because their thought process won't work for doing maths and they become lazy for remembering formulae. Constant practice of maths for you will make your mind to get ready for making maths and its formulae as daily habit which you will never forget.
15th August 2011, 01:27 PM
little nancy

If you are good in physics and chemistry but only find a little problem in maths,then in my you should practice everyday for maths.It is a common problem to be good in everything but lacking only in one thing.As you said that you have got 2 years left for preparation,you can practice a lot in that time period.But if you have problem in understanding maths,hen I think you should prefer tution for some months.If you overcome maths,then you will surely get success.
2nd September 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

how can i prepare for my 12th exam?
2nd September 2011, 11:03 PM
Rajumorap

First of all make yourself more confident. Start preparing from the easy unit. Try to work out some sums by yourself.
3rd September 2011, 08:58 AM
Tulasinagababu

You can improve your mathematic's skills by solving more and more problems,,,intially solve easy problems then you will get interest on maths,,and then increase the difficulty of problems that you solving,,.....and try to byheart formulae...but dont byheart maths
20th September 2011, 06:20 AM
Unregistered

i dont know what i do for math i hate this subject cause i dont know how solve some of the problems
\
20th September 2011, 03:24 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
Hi
hello,
dear friend,

i will advise you to follow S.N DEY or Saha and Saha book........

and have a regular practice for 3 hrs..........

so after some day you will feel the improvement..... with in you.....
10th December 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I can not get even pass mark in maths. how can i get pass mark in 2012 pubilic exam? tell me some tips
15th December 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I don't understand how to solve the problems of maths & physics.
17th December 2011, 03:48 PM
Pratik Agrawal Jalna

Smile Re: How can I improve myself in Maths?

My Suggesstions are
1)Plz do learn formaulaes and the techniques that how and where to apply them
2)Do a lot of practise of the problems

3)Make short but good techniques of ur own to solve problems

4)Do ask and take refrence from persons if u have difficulty in any problem

5)write papers of maths without stress otherwise u may get confused

Pratik Agrawal
wid best wishes
15th January 2012, 09:36 PM
edward1989

this is not only your problem lot of students face this problem in higher classes due to lack of practice .
* the first tips for work out in mathematics to practice the sums always.
*try to solve the problem again & again
*In mathematics it is compulsory to understand the process how to solve or the process how to do.
*you should mug the for-mules used in mathematics to solve the problem.
etc...
26th March 2012, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

i was always a average student of maths but god knows my no. in maths are even good. but i dont know how i done this, but in 10 2 exams i got only passing marks. coz i dont understand the proper way to solve problems. in my past i just hate maths, now i am preparing for competetion exams and also i filled a improvenment form of maths subject of 12th. and do well tomorrow i will give my 12th exam. but i am unable to solve the competetion level probldms, i have many problems to solve them. but i want to solve them, but i cant consontrate, tell me what to do. @mukesh suthar
26th March 2012, 09:38 AM
mayank_suthar

in 10+ i also have this problem, but in the lake of proper guadiance i couldn't do anythin,but after 10+2 i found the proper way to do so. you must follow these steps to improve your maths. 1. dont fear from this subject just love it like chemistry or your other subject. 2. every day just find half an hour only for mug the formulas of maths. 3. just starts from easy to hard.
4. totaly become consantrate while you solving maths questions. 5. just fight the questions from which you are frightened. 6. try again again, i know from start you have to face many problems but trust me you will definately succed if you follow the above steps, and always remember this if you fight the question you will surely win. @mayu.
24th February 2013, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

I do maths correctly at home but when i go to the exam hall i forget everything...and tis makes my marks low why does it happens??
1st August 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Im only 12 years old but for me the math is the hard subject because i cannot get formula correctly or i just confused please help me to improve my math skills i really need your help please help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?