14th February 2014, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

How can I join merchant navy as a career after passing 12th

if i want to join merchant navy as a carrier what steps should be taken for doing that after 12th and how to do it ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  2. How can I join merchant navy as a career after passing 12th -- [New]
  3. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  4. Can I make a career in merchant navy after passing commerce stream?
  5. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  7. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
  9. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is there any opportunity to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  11. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing 12th?
  12. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  13. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  14. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science?
  15. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce?
  18. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
14th May 2015, 12:46 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join merchant navy as a career after passing 12th

I am pleased with your interest of serving the nation with getting a job of pride and honour. Yes if you are 10+2 passed candidates then you will apply for it if you fulfil the other criteria for the examination of NDA which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year are:-

*Candidates pursuing or passed 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible.
*Candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years.
*Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as Mai paper for the board examination.

If you fulfil the above criteria you can apply. The application form are available online on www.upsc.gov.in. in the month of January and July.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is necessary to qualify in the written to be eligible for the SSB. The written examination is of 900 marks in which two paper of 300 marks and 600 marks are there. It is expected that candidates who solve at least 35-40% question will qualify in the written.

After the final selection of SSB candidates are given the proper training and then recruited in different wing according to there preference and performance in the examination.
14th May 2015, 11:58 AM
pjgp

Yes,you can join in the Indian Navy after 12th class through the NDA examination:
NDA exam is the entrance exam to join in the Indian navy,airforce and army...
eligibilities to join in NDA examination:
should complete 12th class with subjects of maths,physics and chemistry as compulsory subject.
This exam is conducted twice in every year....

so,you can join in Navy through NDA exam....

all the best
14th May 2015, 12:03 PM
charitchaitra

In Merchant Navy, the salary can range from anywhere between Rs.12000 to Rs.8 lakhs per month though the pay structure differ from company to company, city to city, the export-import needs, seniority etc. All crew members and officers are given free meals on board and senior officers can take along their wives for the voyage.
A Junior Engineer on a ship can earn around Rs. 30,000 per month with free boarding and lodging while signed on board the vessel. The next level is of Second Engineer and finally, Chief Engineer on a ship. As you keep getting promoted, your salary increases substantially. A Chief Engineer at sea earns Rs. 1.5 lakhs per month or more net of taxes. It takes about 6-7 years for a Junior Engineer Officer to get promoted to the rank of Chief Engineer, depending on individual capabilities and job opportunities available.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?