14th April 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with science, maths

I am passed 12th with scicence math want to join murchant navy course send me details.

15th April 2015, 12:40 AM
er.animesh6
Member+

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with science, maths

To join Merchant Navy after 12th you have to appear in National Defence Academy(NDA) examination conducted by union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

Eligibility for NDA:

--> Candidate have to pass class 12th exam with Physics,Chemistry and Biology subject and score at least 50% in PCB.

--> Age must be within 16.5 to 19 years.

--> Only male candidates can apply for NDA.

As you said you have Mathematics in 12th.So you are not eligible for NDA hence you cannot apply for Merchant Navy.
15th April 2015, 01:16 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with science, maths

# Career in merchant navy is not bad option. It is a very good career option. It is gaining popularity day by day among the youth.

# It is suitable career options for those who enjoys travelling, enjoys visiting news places, enjoys interacting with peoples and enjoys adventures.

# In this profession, it is possible to visit the foreign countries along with job.

# You can join merchant navy either after matriculation or after intermediate.

# After matriculation, you can join merchant navy as Seafarer. Here you required to do short-term courses which must be approved from Ministry of Shipping.

# After 10+2, you can join the merchant navy as officers. Here again you required some courses which must be approved by the Ministry of Shipping.

# Required age limit is 16-25 years.
15th April 2015, 01:49 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply is 16 years to 25 years.

-Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms.

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

-The candidate eye sight should be 6/6 without glasses.There should not be color blindness.

-The exam is conducted in different stages.These are;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?