23rd April 2011, 08:44 PM
Rameez83

How to join Merchant Navy after passing 10th without Maths and Science?

Hi every 1 can any1 can tell me that how to enter in merchan navy i have pass 10th standrad by board and i don't have maths and science in my board please mail me

7th June 2011, 09:05 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after passing 10th without Maths and Science?

Friend , without math and science you can not join merchant navy. Physics,
Chemistry, Mathematics are compulsary subject for join merchant navy.

join the merchant navy either after completion of 12th standard or after Marine engineering. If we take only the 12standard then you will need to join on the deck side. before they can gain admission to the field. students who havecompleted their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets.
Navigating Officers - Candidates will need to obtain a Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. Conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai.

There are various entrance exams like IGNOU, IIT - JEE etc
15th June 2011, 09:07 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after passing 10th without Maths and Science?

Hi,

No, without science and maths you cannot join merchant navy and after 10th it is not possible.

One can get admission in this course in two cases:
1. as a deck cadet, after passing 10(+2) with science background
2. as a fifth grade engineer after passing marine engineering/mechanical engineering.

One can also join here after passing B.Sc in nautical science. So at first you have to complete your 12th with physics,chemistry and maths as main subjects. After that you can join merchant navy in your own choice of time.

Good luck!
29th June 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

is merchant navy possible through science stream with taking maths
14th July 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

I want to join marchant navy. But i dont have any idea. I want to know how can i join tha marchant navy
8th August 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

How can i join merchant navy after passing 10 from Cbse board with science and maths.
8th August 2011, 07:10 PM
saurav9889

friend to appear for merchant navy u have to be an intermediate pass i.e +2 complete so u are not allowed to appear for merchant navy directly after class 10th. also friend to appear for merchant navy exam physics and maths are compulsory subjects in +2.
8th August 2011, 07:25 PM
rana2011
Banned

Sorry friend,
without science and maths you cannot join merchant navy and also after 10th it is not possible.

One can get admission in this course in two cases:

**One as a deck cadet, after passing 10(+2) with science background.

**And another as a fifth grade engineer after passing Marine Engineering/Mechanical Engineering.

Otherwise you can also join here after passing B.Sc in nautical science.
So at first you have to complete your 12th with physics,chemistry and maths as main subjects and afterthat that you can join merchant navy in your own choice of time.

best of luck!
7th October 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy with genral maths any post plz mail [email protected]
8th October 2011, 12:04 AM
sandeepsonipoly

dear friemd.you can not join merchant navy without physics,chemistru & maths.
you can join onlu post for dack incharge,and some general duty post.
but after 10th if you complete I.T.I. than become technical assistant.
and other wise you are eligible for non technical recruit post.
age: a candidate between 17 to 21 year old for above post as the basis of 10th qualification.
if you complete 12th with PCM than can apply for NDA exam and become officer in Indian navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?