31st August 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

How can I make a career in Agricultural field?

Sir/Mam I am Ankit sharma from luknow i am studying in twelve[12th] with pcb group i want carrer in agricultural field so i want your advised and opinion about me.

21st June 2015, 04:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I make a career in Agricultural field?

As you have mentioned in the query that you are pursuing your 10+2 from a recognized board in science stream with subjects combination as Physics, Chemistry and Biology,in order to make a career in agriculture, the best thing would be to appear for the ICAR entrance exam.

Indian Council of Agriculture Research conducts entrance exam every year for selection of candidates for the bachelor's degree in agriculture.

You can see the notification of ICAR exam 2015 here.

After completion of bachelor's degree in agriculture, you have lots of opportunities in private and public sector.

>>Within the public sector firms, you can get employed as Agriculture Research Scientist.

>>You can appear for the National Eligibility test in order to become lecture in government colleges.

Some of the job profiles for candidates having bachelor's degree in agriculture are:

1. Agriculture officer.

2. Assistant Plantation Manager.

3. Agriculture Development officer.

4. Agriculture Research Scientist.

You can get private jobs in following fields like Horticulture, Banking, Dairy technology, Fisheries, sericulture etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?