22nd August 2012, 05:34 PM
harshitha bp

How to do MBA after finishing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication

I've finished my BE in electronics and telecommunication. I want to do MBA, but everyone says its a management course and mine is a degree in technical field. I'm confused.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scope in doing mba after btech in electronics & telecommunication?
  2. Age limit to apply for Government Jobs?
  3. Does this a right choice of opting for MBA in Aviation Management after completion of Graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  4. Is there any scope in doing MBA in Aviation Management after Bachelor in electronics & telecommunication Engineering?
  5. Which course can be done after finishing diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  6. Which are the different companies for electronics and telecommunication engineers? Which are the best colleges for MBA?
  7. Where to do MBA after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication? B School or in College? -- [New]
  8. After finishing UG which type of MBA can I do? Top colleges for MBA and syllabus for entrance exam? How much to earn after finishing PG?
  9. MBA after Diploma(electronics and telecommunication) and 12th standard with Science?
  10. Job opportunity after finishing B.E. electronics & instrumentation -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to join ISRO after finishing M.Tech or MS after scoring 85%?
  12. Is MBA Tech(IT) a good course to go for? Which branch will be better between MBA Tech(IT) and Electronics and Telecommunication?
  13. How to do MBA in construction after completing 3rd year electronics and telecommunication engineering
  14. How much percentage is required in electronics and telecommunication?
  15. Names of the institutes to pursue Electronics and Telecommunication Course?
  16. Is there any vacancy for diploma electronics and telecommunication
  17. How to do MSc Electronics after finishing BSc Electronics from Madras University
  18. Difference between electronics, electrical and electronics and telecommunication?
24th August 2012, 06:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA after finishing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshitha bp View Post
I've finished my BE in electronics and telecommunication. I want to do MBA, but everyone says its a management course and mine is a degree in technical field. I'm confused.
Yes, You are eligible to take admission in MBA Course after Graduation.

MBA is Management Course and you are eligible for MBA Course, because you have already completed your graduation.

If you have a interest on management field no doubt, you can go for MBA. Now day so many graduates in B-Schools comes from B.Tech and B.E, So no doubt you can do MBA when you have a interest on management field.

If you want to settled in technical field, You have to go for M.Tech.

In MBA also there are several specializations .

If you want to go for MBA, you have to take MBA entrance exam. If you have minimum 50% of marks in your B.E (45% of marks for SC/ST candidates) can eligible to apply for MBA Entrance Exams.

For MBA, You have to crack MBA entrance exams, MBA entrance exam test candidate in following areas those are as follows: Quantitative ability skills and Data Interpretation Skills, Logical Reasoning skills and Verbal Ability skills. So you have to concentrate on these topics and crack MBA Entrance exam.

After crack MBA entrance exam, you have to attend group discussion and Interview for get a admission in good B-Schools.

You have to remember if you have a good communication skills and management skills, you can easy to get a job after completion of your MBA.
24th August 2012, 06:31 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Thumbs up Re: How to do MBA after finishing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication

dear friend,

Now a days most of students go for MBA after B.Tech. now it is considered best after completing after B.Tech if you want to go for management.

for Admission in MBA you have to give Entrance exam for MBA. you can appear in following MBA entrance exams:
1. CAT
2. MAT
3. IRMA

Good Luck......
24th August 2012, 08:42 PM
yogesh8955347778

Default Re: How to do MBA after finishing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication

MBA is Management Course and you are eligible for MBA Course, because you have already completed your graduation.

If you have a interest on management field no doubt, you can go for MBA.
25th August 2012, 12:40 AM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Hi,

First of all ask yourself what interest you being a technical person or a manager.
Then go ahead with the confusion.But surely a B-Tech plus a MBA gives you a edge over the technical in most cases .Nowadays companies need a person who can both manage + solve technical problems thus a B-Tech + MBA.
You can get into any B-school in India by giving -:
1.CAT
2.XAT
3.MAT
& for foreign MBA you need to give GMAT.
Choose your future carefully.
Best of Luck.
9th September 2012, 07:44 PM
sailagishetty

My dear friend,
Yes you are eligible for MBA for management course.
For Admission in MBA you have to give Entrance exam for MBA. youcan appear in following MBA entrance exams:
1. CAT
2. MAT
3. IRMA and for foreign MBA you need to give GMAT.
If you have minimum 50% of marks in your B.E (45% of marks for SC/ST candidates) caneligible to apply for MBA.
For MBA entrance exam test candidate in following areas those are as follows: Quantitative ability skills and Data Interpretation Skills, LogicalReasoning skills and Verbal Abilityskills.Concentrate on your exam all the best.
30th October 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

YOU JUST MAIL ME AT [email protected] i wil explain you regarding this

Regards
sathish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post

If you have a interest on management field no doubt, you can go for MBA. Now day so many graduates in B-Schools comes from B.Tech and B.E, So no doubt you can do MBA when you have a interest on management field.

If you want to settled in technical field, You have to go for M.Tech.

In MBA also there are several specializations .

If you want to go for MBA, you have to take MBA entrance exam. If you have minimum 50% of marks in your B.E (45% of marks for SC/ST candidates) can eligible to apply for MBA Entrance Exams.

For MBA, You have to crack MBA entrance exams, MBA entrance exam test candidate in following areas those are as follows: Quantitative ability skills and Data Interpretation Skills, Logical Reasoning skills and Verbal Ability skills. So you have to concentrate on these topics and crack MBA Entrance exam.

After crack MBA entrance exam, you have to attend group discussion and Interview for get a admission in good B-Schools.

You have to remember if you have a good communication skills and management skills, you can easy to get a job after completion of your MBA.
7th November 2012, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

sir / mam ,
am already completed my B.E(E&C) with distinction in 2011, as am married n i want to do the MBA in B'lore; plz help me which field is better for me in MBA and also i dont want to attend the class, i want to writ the exam along with the students who are attending regularly
so which exam i have to write and which college will help to provide this facility for me
thank you.
plz email me to [email protected] about this
8th November 2012, 10:15 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for admission in MBA but I don't think you should take admission. The reason is same as cited by others to you. You have completed degree in technical field, what is the point of now going for management course.

As per me, it makes no sense and therefore you should not pursue it. The better option would be M.Tech which is post graduation course in Engineering after B.Tech. Besides I should tell you that if you want job, you will easily get it with your Electronics and Communications degree.

ECE is one of the most preferred branches of Engineering. You will have ample opportunities in the private and government sector after completing the course. You can apply for job in Public Sector Undertaking or appear for Indian Engineering Service Exam.

In private sector you can find job in fields like Information Technology, Telecom as well Consumer Electronics. Some of the companies where you can apply for jobs are:

Bharti Airtel

Infosys

BHEL

MTNL

Wipro

Godrej

Aircel

BEL

DRDO

Microsoft

HCL

Vodafone

Now if you are interested in pursuing M.Tech as I suggested then you will have to give GATE entrance exam. To do so you need to have B.Tech degree which you do. But for some reason if you still want to do MBA then do the following.

If you have scored 50 percent marks in B.Tech then apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT). It is the most popular entrance exam for MBA. Clearing the exam will pave way for you into Indian Institute of Management.

However if your percentage is lower, then you may appear for the Management Aptitude Test (MAT). The requirement for MAT is graduation degree. It is conducted 4 times a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?