28th March 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in BCA? Is there any entrance exam for the same?

how can i get admission for B C A? has it any entarnce exam?

29th March 2012, 09:49 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in BCA? Is there any entrance exam for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i get admission for B C A? has it any entarnce exam?
There is no entrance examination for BCA Course but some of college are conducted the entrance examination for BCA course not all the college.

To get admission in B.C.A , the candidate need to completed 12th examination from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 50-60% aggregate marks in their examination.And some college prefer the maths candidates for B.CA course not all the colleges.

B.C.A Stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application and the course is divided into four semesters and the duration of course three years.Large number of colleges offering the B.C.A course.

Syllabus of B.C.A :-

• C
  • C++
  • DLF
  • Java
  • C#
  • RDBMS
  • Visual Basic
  • Asp.NET
  • Cobal
  • Computer Networks....etc.

B.C.A Colleges in India :-
  • Acharya Institute of Management and Science
  • Satya Institute of Media and Management
  • Indian Institute of Management & Commerce
  • Indian Academy Group of Institutes
  • Indra Prastha colleges of Management and Technology
  • Lovely Professonal University
  • Osmaina Degree College
  • DAV Colleges
  • Institute of Management of Studies
  • Presidency College of Arts & Science College
29th March 2012, 01:03 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Default Re: How to get admission in BCA? Is there any entrance exam for the same?

Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) ai an undergraduate course for the 12th Passed students who are interested in making career in the field in Information Technology. There are a number of colleges affiliated to Universities in most states in the country opffering this course.

The Eligibility Criteria to get admission in these course :

-> You must have completed your Higher Secondary Examination that is 10+2 examination or equivalent (diploma degree) with a minimum of 50% narks in total

-> You must have completed 10+2 having Mathematics as a subject in the qualifying examination

A number of colleges admit the candidates on the basis of class XIIth marks but some reputed institutions conduct entrance test for the admission to BCA course.

Examiation pattern :
The examination pattern is different in different Universities.

General Pattern :

• Objective Questions : In this section, there will be four options given to select from them and also the answers will have to be given in one word.

• Short Answer Questions : In this section, you will have to answer in one sentence and needs to be answered to the point.

• Long Answer Questions : In this section, you will have to answer in complete detail.

~♦ Some Colleges offering BCA courses :

• Guru Govind Singh Indra Prastha University (GGSIPU)
• Lucknow University, Uttar Pradesh
• Amity School of Computer Sciene, CSS University, Uttar Pradesh
• Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh
• Banasthali Vidyapeeth , Banasthal
• Delhi University, Delhi
• Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology, Tughlakabad, New Delhi
• Madurai University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
• Kurushetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana
• Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana
• Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar, Punjab

~ Ankur.Sunny
9th May 2012, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

we can do bca nad b.com side by side?
21st May 2012, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

DO WE HAVE ANY ENTERANCE EXAM CONDUCTED FOR BCA...?IF NO,WHICH TYPE OF QUESTIONS ARE ASKED DURING AN INTER VIEW?
1st June 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

what should be done before doing the couse of MCA?
8th February 2013, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

hello. i am a student of dav public school class xi pure science stream and have computer science as an optional subject. i am interested in computers and want to pursue BCA. i Passed Class ten with 86% and got 82% in half yearly exam of class xi. Please suggest the best bca government college for me. is their any entrance test to be qualified for that.????????
27th April 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

can you suggest some colleges having BCA in calicut,kerala
4th June 2013, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

how to get admission in B.C.A. course in Jadavpur University??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?