3rd January 2012, 11:03 AM
ManoRaj.tp

How to get Job in IT Company after completion of B.Tech in IT?

very gud mrg sir,now im doing b.tect (it) final year....this is my last sem...after finishing my studies what i want to do?for getting job in it company..

3rd January 2012, 05:38 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get Job in IT Company after completion of B.Tech in IT?

Hi

INTRODUCTION ::

IT is Information Technology and it is a branch of science which deals with Information. Its a software developing field actually.
All the software's like Windows 7, VLC, Skype, Picasa, Games, etc have been developed by software engineers.

Some of the most famous and top IT Companies in India are :

Infosys

TATA Consultancy Services

Wipro

HCL

Tech Mahindra

NOTE : Click on the names to visit their official websites respectively.

Now as you ask, how to get a job in these IT Companies, I would be laying a couple of options, and you may choose whichever you want to adopt.

1. Firstly if you are still in your final year, you may apply for all the campus placements and then try it out that way.

For that :

a) You should have a CGPA more than 60.
b) You must not have any pending arrears.
c) Not more than a years gap in you academics.

2. If you are a pass out then you have to apply Off Campus. You have to contact the IT companies where you wish to work, and then you have to apply for your candidature for the posts.
I must tell you that the competition in off campus placements are very high. There are limited seats but the applicants are very large in number.

So if you have to stand somewhere in the crowd you must have something in you which others do not have.

You should have good communication skills, presentation skills, knowledge about your subject, your academic results should be above average and you should have a better personality.

So start grooming yourself for the Interviews to face, as you apply for various IT companies.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
3rd January 2012, 09:04 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get Job in IT Company after completion of B.Tech in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoRaj.tp View Post
very gud mrg sir,now im doing b.tect (it) final year....this is my last sem...after finishing my studies what i want to do?for getting job in it company..

HOW TO GET JOB IN FINAL YEAR B.Tech - IT??

The best way to get the job after finishing the UG degree in B.Tech - IT is to get placed in the campus and off-campus placement...

-> As a fresher with UG degree its difficult to get a job after coming out of college, because most of the software companies will take in the freshers in campus and off-campus placements..

-> So as you are in your final semester, prepare well for your placements and try to get the job by end of your college...

-> Campus placement consists of three important rounds which as follows..

-> Aptitude Test.

-> Technical Interview.

-> HR Interview.

-> To know more about placement preparation, check out my post#2 CLICK HERE!!!

-> If you feel that there is no proper campus placement in your college then its better to try for off-campus which happens in the other colleges..

-> You can get the information from your college placement officials to get more details...

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum...

Quote:
"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right'. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
3rd January 2012, 09:33 PM
imaanu

Smile Re: How to get Job in IT Company after completion of B.Tech in IT?

Hi,

The best thing to make an entry in IT company is to compete in campus interview or off-campus interview. IT company doesn't specially looks for B.Tech - IT candidate only, they consider from all streams.

A fresher candidate may be good in Aptitude, technical and HR test, but fails to attract recruiter to his / her resume. Now-a-days, to filter bulk resumes most of the companies sets criteria. One of the important filter is ....
1. the candidate should have got 75% or more in his academics.
2. Should not have any back-log (arrears)

If the candidate have this, some companies asks for referrals to get resumes considered, after this the resume is short listed and the candidate is called for written test.

The candidate has to prove his ability by passing the aptitude / technical interviews. Now-a-days much of the companies have relaxed HR interview, that means the candidate will get offer letter.

I'll let you know one thing, for IT job you stand for it, a EEE, ECE, Msc IT, Mech, Instrumentation, etc candidate stands with you to compete for the same post. I advise you, prepare for yourself so that you can get a good job with your knowledge and skills. It may not be necessarily IT job because you did B.Tech IT.

Take the case of my friend who did EEE and works in lawfirm and gets a very good package and he always keep track of all the technology from software to machinaries or manufacturing.

Need more information to build a good career, feel free to post. Just mind that don't waste time in search for IT jobs only, you're a fresher and you can be fit anywhere from automobile / avionics to coding level to machinary designs!
4th January 2012, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get Job in IT Company after completion of B.Tech in IT?

i want to get complete syllabus for BSc of DDCE in MS University.
11th January 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

i have done my B.Tech (C.S.E) 2011 from UPTU with 70% .my college doesnt give us campus placement.now i am t home without a job for almost 6 months .i am very confused .that how to ake my career ,where to start ,where to go ,what to prepare .i find myself helpless.i have an average knowledge of java (website building ) ,i want to work in Delhi only initially .as this is my hometown .plz help me out guys ......wat to do??????..............u know i just think that , to do engineering in C.S.E and spending lakhs of rupees of my parents , i have just wasted all.................guide me plz......
19th February 2012, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.tech from uptu in cse branch ...i hv 64% in b.tech till 6th sem... i hav knwledge of php and litle of java and .net ....what should i do now to get placement in a good company with this low %...can any1 suggest sum solutions and few coureses so that i can get a good placement
24th April 2012, 09:56 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you have to apply for your candidature for the posts.
I must tell you that the competition in off campus placements are very high. There are limited seats but the applicants are very large in number.

So if you have to stand somewhere in the crowd you must have something in you which others do not have.

You should have good communication skills, presentation skills, knowledge about your subject, your academic results should be above average and you should have a better personality.
you to prove his ability by passing the aptitude / technical interviews. Now-a-days much of the companies have relaxed HR interview, that means the candidate will get offer letter. one thing, for IT job you stand for it, a EEE, ECE, Msc IT, Mech, Instrumentation, etc candidate stands with you to compete for the same post. I advise you, prepare for yourself so that you can get a good job with your knowledge and skills.
27th April 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have read your reply and its useful too but can you just suggest some other careers other than IT field for CSE students pls
6th May 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

i have 66% in btech-it. how can i go for interviewers with these percentage. where can i apply.alternative for it jobs. finall how to get the job.what are the requirements for me.plz help me
29th January 2013, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I was failed in 12th std but then I got admission in Diploma of 3 years after that I completed BE,I didnt get any atkt in Diploma & BE. So failed in 12th is any problem for me to get a job?
25th April 2013, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

hello sir. i am finished b.tech it. But i have no idea. Because my colg is not trained. So wt r the formalities to get a job in it?
14th September 2014, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

HELLO sir,
i am doing my B.E in cse now.i dosen't have a confidence and knowledge to attend a top it compines interview.shall i apporach a small companies for my carrier,after getting confidence then oving to a top most company is my idea.whether its a good one or if it is difficult to get that?
11th April 2015, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ,
I did B.tech IT with 70% in 2013 but our college does not provide campus placement .
So I tried at offcampus after completing graduation but still m not placed in any of IT company.
So what should I do right now now it is 2015 still i have no job in IT company.
Right now I am Technical support in LMS application but I want to become java developer.
Can you suggest what should I do now ?

I am waiting for your answer.
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?