4th June 2011, 11:18 PM
soumyajeetbai

How should I prepare for placements while in 3rd year of engineering?

i'm not able to get that cgpa what i want...tryin hard..but not able to make it ..soo i'm bit worried about my placement soo how i vl prepare for now onwards ..how to get marks and what course i have to doo ..what i hve to do actually in this stage??? help me

5th June 2011, 06:05 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for placements while in 3rd year of engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyajeetbai View Post
i'm not able to get that cgpa what i want...tryin hard..but not able to make it ..soo i'm bit worried about my placement soo how i vl prepare for now onwards ..how to get marks and what course i have to doo ..what i hve to do actually in this stage??? help me

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR PLACEMENT AND FOR A BRIGHT FUTURE

First of all don't worry about your CGPA much... For placement you just need 60%-70% maximum which is 6-7 CGPA...

As you know the placement process consists of 4 important rounds which are as follows...

-> Aptitude Test

-> Group Discussion
( Some companies skip this round )

-> Technical Interview

-> HR Interview

3rd year in college is the right time to prepare for your placements, some of the tips to help you for your preparation is as follows...

-> KNOW THE PATTERN : Now this is very much important to know the pattern of the aptitude test..Each company which are coming for placement follow a separate pattern for their first round ( aptitude test ).. so the best way to know this is to refer the previous year papers which you can very well get in our forum..

-> I have also attached some of the previous year papers of leading companies coming for placement in this post.. just check it over...

-> STUDY YOUR CORE SUBJECT WELL : This helps in your technical round because most of the questions in technical round will be based on your core subject which you are currently studying in your degree. So try to study the core subjects by understanding the concepts and not just mugging up the answers..

-> If you are not having a great CGPA which you expected but if you are quite sure with the concept in your core subjects then for sure you can clear this round.. I know some of my friends who have CGPA above 8.5 yet they wont be able to clear the technical round..

-> BE CONFIDENT : It is very important to be confident through out your interview process.. So develop a good communication skill i.e English by conversing with your friends and your teachers in college... If you are good in English sure you can be confident enough which is most needed in the final HR round.. where they will ask only personal questions to check your confidence level...

-> REFER GOOD BOOKS FOR PREPARATION : There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the aptitude and the interview process..R.S Agarwall is one of the best book for placements some of the other recommended books which you can buy are as follows...

Placement Preparation
ISBN: 8122418910

Cracking The IT Interview: Jumpstart Your Career With Confidence
ISBN: 007060052X

Barron's GRE 2011 ( With CD)
ISBN: 8175156066

Quantitative Aptitude ( Recommended book for placement )
ISBN: 812192498

Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
ISBN: 0070581894

Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency & Reasoning (Aptitude Enhancing Guide)
ISBN: 8125928456

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> I have attached some of the r.s.agarwal verbal reasoning e-book in this post.. which helps to prepare for the aptitude section.. just go through and prepare with it..

-> Also attached some of the e-books which helps you to prepare for interview process... just check it over...

-> Before going for placement to any company it is very much needed to know a brief introduction about the company, to know about all the company details CLICK HERE!!!..

-> To give online mock test for the respective company coming for placement CLICK HERE!!!

-> To prepare for the aptitude section online CLICK HERE!!!

-> And regarding the course to join, it also helps a bit inf you done some extra course during placement.. some of the courses which you can join are ORACLE, SCJP ( JAVA ), CCNA ( Networking ), RHCP ( Linux ) if you are CSE engineer, if other branches then its not much needed...

-> Am sure you will be thinking in your mind "What i have to prepare this much for placement..??".. just don't worry, try to find a proper time daily and spend those time only for preparing for the placement and am sure you will end up in some great companies by the end of your 4th year...

All the Best....
Attached Files
File Type: zip accenturepapers.zip(157.6 KB, 292 views)
File Type: zip CTS.zip(462.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: pdf HCL.pdf(25.2 KB, 229 views)
File Type: zip Infosys (1).zip(326.2 KB, 260 views)
File Type: zip mahindrasatyampapers.zip(691.0 KB, 202 views)
File Type: zip Tech Mahindra.zip(361.0 KB, 259 views)
File Type: zip TCS.zip(674.9 KB, 324 views)
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 547 views)
File Type: pdf Winning The Interview Game Everything You Need To Know To Land The Job.pdf(1.61 MB, 485 views)
File Type: pdf GD tips.pdf(47.4 KB, 300 views)
File Type: pdf Grammar_Practice_for_Elementary_Students.pdf(1.93 MB, 569 views)
File Type: pdf How to Answer Hard Interview Questions And Everything Else You Need to Know to Get the Job You W.pdf(1.87 MB, 556 views)
5th June 2011, 06:27 PM
miiky

Default Re: How should I prepare for placements while in 3rd year of engineering?

You didn't mentioned what is your stream but i am trying to give the overall view. Company select the candidates on the basis of two or three stages
1. Aptitude+Reasoning
2. Technical
3. Group discussion
4. Personal Interview

For Aptitude and Reasoning you can follow the books
1. R S Agarwal(Verbal &non verbal)
2. R S Agarwal(Aptitude)
For technical portion you can follow your text books sincer
For spoken english you may join in spoken english course and read the english newspaper regularly.
5th June 2011, 06:37 PM
hopestar

Wink Re: How should I prepare for placements while in 3rd year of engineering?

in 3rd year,you have to concentrate in marks and also in ths things below...

=>aptitude
=>group discussion
=>technical
=>human resources

for aptitude,recommened books are
=>r.s.agarwal's quantitative aptitude
=>saguntala devi's puzzle

you must be strong in current affairs,general knowledge, to do well in group discussion...

all the best
5th June 2011, 06:39 PM
tnpsc007

Start your preparation by 6th sem.concentrate your 5th semester

For core company placements,

be strong with 4-5 subjects of your Engineering stream.refer to their old papers it will be helpful to you.

One more tip:

download old question paper edit the answers try to solve them within the stipulated time.Time management is more important
5th June 2011, 09:54 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI
YOU ARE NOW TIME ARRIVES FOR PREPARATION OF CAMPUS INTERVIEW..
THATS GREAT...

I PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION ABOUT CAMPUS INTERVIEW...

FIRST YOU PRACTICE APPTITUTE FROM R.S.AGRAWALLA
THIS IS GREAT BOOK
MOST COMPANY INTERVIEW QUESTION IS IN THIS BOOK...

AND THEN IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILL
THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT N THIS FIELD...

THEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE.....

YOU ALSO SEE SOME INTERVIEW QUESTION BELOW SITE:---

http:
//fw.freshersworld.com/placementweek/papers.asp
5th June 2011, 10:50 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Quote:
-->Mr. melwynjensen as posted all the Point that needed for the placement,additional points i have Attached check it out

-->Try to Join the Aptitude Class ,which was taken all over India, if you send me which state are you from, then i will send you the Coaching class Address

-->You need to Concentrate and Work out without Rest, until you Understand the Full Concept ,Tricks and Formula

-->Try to have 75% to 85% in your Aggregate so that you can go in both the Field(Core and Software)

-->Another Important Think is Revision , one of the Important Think,where so many Student won't do.

-->Try to Watch more English Movies and English Songs with Lyrics in Hands,so that you understand the Pronouncation, which will be Helpful at the Interview and Group Discussion Time

-->Go through this Website and Learn Every think that needed for the Wrriten Test and Interview http://www.indiabix.com

-->Daily Read English News Paper and try to do Suduku Daily,that will Increase your Brain Power and Concentrate

-->Always have positive Concentration,that will help you to clear the Interview,go accordingly and work Accordingly

God Bless you,Best of luck

-->Rakesh-->
5th June 2011, 10:54 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

all the best for want to become get a good job.Right now you are in 3rd year .it is the right time to prepare for campus interviews,.So before attend the interview you need planning.So plan means first appal you should collect releated subjects are there for all companies .After than you need some books for preparation.First you know subjects names
1.arthmetic
2.reasoning
3.general english
4.appititide
5.regarding your subjects this five consis of first round
2round:
group discussion
3rd round:
technical interview.Here you need to prepare your subjects regurally
5th round:hr interview
So above all are you need to prepare before attend interview
20th July 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

how can i improve my resume so that i am at a good position at the time of placements apart from CGPA?i
if i want to try for a company that does not come in my institue for placements what shall i do in that case?
23rd October 2011, 08:54 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend....here i can help you.......try hard to improve your cgpa......even if it does not increase dont get worried.....just concentrate on the subjects and become conceptually strong.....improve your communication skills.........then you will be placed into one of the company........
21st July 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

give information details about apptitude test ?
19th June 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir I am doing my BE in cs I have 83% in sslc n 58.2 in PUC n 60% in BE can I get good job after my coalition of BE
6th June 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

My 12th marks is 59.04%;10is above 60% and btech is 80%,am I eligible for good companies,if not then what i can do?
20th July 2019, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

What should i more focus on preparing for aptitude test or gate exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?