12th January 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in Indian Navy after Merchant Navy courses?

Can I get a job in indian navy after merchant navy program?

17th January 2011, 10:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job in Indian Navy after Merchant Navy courses?

Each stream field will have its own eligibility criteria and means of intake of candidates. Indian Naval job is more related to the defense of the country whereas Merchant Navy job is into shipment of cargo within the country or from one country to another. So by doing a Merchant Navy course you will not be eligible for the Indian Navy. You need to appear for the entrance exam conducted by SSR.
4th March 2011, 12:25 PM
sachin2places

Hello.......Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy after Merchant navy course,not even at the level of 10+2 because you would have already crossed the age limit for that because of your merchant navy course.
But if you have worked in merchant navy for a good period of time then you can certainly apply for Ship Building Centre (SBC) where there is shortage of people and your experience in merchant navy can certainly help you.Arihant submarine was built in SBC and there are many more in the making.
ALL THE BEST
23rd April 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

can a girl join merchant navy who is 28years old?
7th August 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

can an official from indian navy shift to merchant navy and have good career over there???...plz reply asap!
14th August 2011, 10:58 PM
saurabhkaushal333

Each stream field will have its own eligibility criteria and means of intake of candidates. Indian Naval job is more related to the defense of the country whereas Merchant Navy job is into shipment of cargo within the country or from one country to another. So by doing a Merchant Navy course you will not be eligible for the Indian Navy. You need to appear for the entrance exam conducted by SSR.
so better try in merchant navy
15th August 2011, 11:39 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I get a job in indian navy after merchant navy program?
Leading Shipping Companies that Hire Marine Engineers

Bibby ship management
S E shipping India pvt ltd

Aarti ship management pvt.ltd
Executive ship management

M T M ship management
Ind-aust maritime pvt. ltd

Torm shipping India pvt. ltd.
Ocean crew & marine management services pvt. ltd

Dohle danautic India pvt. ltd.
Northern marine management

S V S marine services
General maritime crewing pte ltd

India steamship
United ocean ship management

n y k shipmanagement pte. ltd
Anglo – eastern ship management

Tolani shipping company ltd.
b h n shipping company

Wilhelmsen ship management
Essar shipping ltd.

Varun shipping

Merchant Navy is Kind of Job which always fascinated by the high tides and vastness of oceans and more or less because of high pay scale.Marine Engineers are Solely responsible for All round Safe & Smooth Operations of ship engines,boilers, Heavy machinery of the ship, steam connections as well as maintenance of the ship,repair,upgradation and construction of all the relevant marine machinery. they are person who are overall in charge of Ship Mechanical and Electronic Body and they have to ensure the safety and standards of the marine body. With Modern Development, the role of marine engineers has widened and smoothened, too, electronics navigation has helped the marine engineering a lot.
22nd March 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

now I am doing diploma at mechanical engineering so can I get a iob and how?
31st March 2012, 11:25 PM
poole

sir i have completed b.tech in electrons and communications with 67.46%,intermediate with 66%,ssc with 71%.I want to join in merchant navy. what are the exams i have to qualify??what would be the fee structure??is there any institute in hyderabad??how to prepare for the entrance exam??please guide me
31st March 2012, 11:28 PM
poole

For Merchant navy:-

You need to have passed 12th with minimum of 55%.You need to between 19 to 23 years of age.Age relaxation is female and reservation students.For female age relaxation is of 2 years.For SC/ST/BC/OBC students it is of 5 years.Your eye sight should be 6/6 with out any kindof visual problem. So to apply for this exam or for any other information visit the official web site of UPSC.

Official web site of UPSC :-http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST !!!
18th April 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Am working as a engineer in merchant navy,so can i get a engineer job in Indian navy?
31st December 2017, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Myself aditya Verma and I have done engine rating training for four months I have completed the training now I want the job I am 17 years pls tell me can I do the job and how can I get the job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?