10th September 2016, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

How to get my children admitted in Central Government Schools?

I have two children and we have are not financially strong that we can send our kids to Dwarka Public Schools. So, we want admission in central government owned schools, please let me know how.

13th September 2016, 08:22 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get my children admitted in Central Government Schools?

You can get your children to Kendriya Vidyalaya School (Central Government School) in 2017-18 session.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION IN KVS :
* Age Criteria : The candidate must be 5 years old on or before 31st March on the year seeking admission to class 1.

* Age limits :
* Class I : 5 - 7 years
* Class II : 6 - 8 years
* Class III : 7 - 9 years
* Class IV : 8 - 10 years
* Class V : 9 - 11 years
* Class VI : 10 - 12 years
* Class VII : 11 - 13 years
* Class VIII : 12 - 14 years
* Class IX : 13 - 15 years
* Class X : 14 - 16 years

* Age limit relaxation :

* For physically handicapped children, the age criteria gives 2 years of relaxation.

* Further, no relaxation is given to class IX students seeking admission to class X.

* No age limit for class XII students who have not taken a study gap or drop out.
* Reservations :

* SC and ST Candidates : 15% and 7.5% seats respectively
* Differently Abled Candidates : 3% seats reserved
* Candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) : 25% relaxation in seats
// The students have to appear for an Entrance Test held by the School itself which involves test regarding Communication skills, General Knowledge, And subject skills of previous class of the class seeking admission.
Important Dates regarding admission to KV this years has already been expired. So you may seek admission of your children the next year i.e. 2017-18 session.
The Commissioner of Kendriya Vidyalaya has announced that from the next year, the admission process will be taken Online also due to greater number of applications.

For further details and latest notifications and important dates, you may refer to the official website of Kendriya Vidyala Sangathan i.e. www.kvsangathan.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?