9th July 2012, 12:31 PM
atinkumar

How to give the IES entrance exam if I am a Mechanical engineering student?

i am mechanical engineer student .i wanna to give IES entrance exam..please tell me details

Related Questions:
  1. Information about IES entrance exam? I am a student of IIT Guwahati
  2. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  3. Which books are best for IES exam for mechanical engineering
  4. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  5. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  6. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  7. Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?
  8. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I give IES Exam after completing Engineering in Mechanical?
  10. Which books are to be referred to prepare for IES exam for mechanical engineering?
  11. Which Books should I prepare for IES Exam in Mechanical Engineering? List of Coaching Centers for this Exam in Hyderabad?
  12. How to prepare for IES exam after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering with 65% aggregate
  13. List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering
  14. Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)
  15. Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. What is the qualification required to join IES if I am a mechanical engineering student? What is the minimum marks required for B.E? I have scored 58% marks -- [New]
  17. Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Syllabus for IES Exam for the candidates of Mechanical Engineering?
19th July 2012, 02:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give the IES entrance exam if I am a Mechanical engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkumar View Post
i am mechanical engineer student .i wanna to give IES entrance exam..please tell me details
For Engineering Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission, one need to fulfill the following criteria:
  • Must possess a bachelors degree in Engineering
  • Must be within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to OBC category is 33 years and for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, its 35 years.
The Engineering Service Examination is conducted only in the following discipline:

Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

For updates regarding the examination, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
21st July 2012, 05:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give the IES entrance exam if I am a Mechanical engineering student?

UPSC conducts IES exam every year. The exam is usually conducted in the month of May. Details regarding the exam will be notified in the official website of UPSC. Applications can be forwarded through the web portal itself. Engineering graduates between 21 and 30 years of age can apply for the exam.
21st July 2012, 09:18 PM
bhagyaraj1

hi dear,

UPSC Engg Services Exam Notification: Engineering Services Examination' 2012 (UPSC Engg Services exam) admission curriculum activities will happen according described schedule.

Date of UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2012 Notifications: 25th Feb' 2012
Last Date For UPSC Engineering Services application form submission: 26th March' 2012 (Monday).
Date of UPSC Engineering Services Entrance Commencement: UPSC Engg Services admission test will be conducted on 15th June'2012 (Friday) & duration will be of 3 days.

The candidates who possess an engineering degree in any of the following specializations from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the IES entrance exam.

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
M.Sc degree holders are also eligible provided they have studied any of the following as a special subject.

Wireless Communications
Electronics
Radio Physics
Radio Engineering
Candidates in the final year of qualifying exam may also apply for the same. Moreover, the applicant should be in the age limit of 21 to 30 years. However, certain category candidates are provided with age relaxation.

Structure and Pattern of IES Entrance Exam

IES entrance exam is conducted in two levels. The first level includes the written tests. Those qualifying the written tests would be called for the interview session. For the written test, there will be 5 papers each carrying 200 marks. Paper I will be common for all subject candidates and rest of the papers will be separate based of the subject chosen.

Paper 1(Objective type)

General Ability Test
General Studies
General English
Paper 2 & 3 (Objective type)

Includes questions from core subjects of the qualifying exam
Paper 4 & 5 (Subjective type)

Includes questions from core subjects of the qualifying exam
Preparatory tips to crack IES Entrance Exam

IES entrance exam is a highly competitive one and hence requires an efficient study plan. Various reference books by well known authors as listed below which are available in the market. The candidates should make use of the same.

Network analysis by Van Valkenburg
I.E.S General Studies by GK
Integrated Circuits by K.R. Botkar
Communication system by A. Bruu Carlson
Communication System by Simon Haykins
Digital Logic and Computer Design by Moris Mano
Signal and System Oppenheim and Willsky
Control System by Nagoor Kanni
Automatic Control system by Benjamin C. Kou
Fluid Machinery by Jagdish Lal, RK Bansal
Strength of Materials by B.C. Punamia
Machine Design by VB Bhandar
Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering by S.K Garg, B.C. Punamia
One can also look forward for a comprehensive coaching which is made available to the candidates by various coaching centres all round India. Some of those reputed IES coaching centres are

IES Made Easy
IES Academy
Gate Forum
Brilliant Tutorials
Institute of Engineering Studies
ELITE Academy
Lead Institute of Academics
The aspirants also need to prepare well in advance for the interview as well. While preparing, make short notes which would in turn be highly effective while revising the topics.
21st July 2012, 11:19 PM
lakshmi dhana

Eligibility criteria to give the IES entrance exam

Must possess a bachelors degree in Engineering

Must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.

The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to OBC category is 33 years and for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, its 35 years.

For updates:www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2012, 11:34 PM
lakshmi dhana

Eligibility criteria to give the IES entrance exam

Must possess a bachelors degree in Engineering

Must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.

The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to OBC category is 33 years and for candidates belonging to SC/ST category, its 35 years.

For updates:www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?