5th January 2014, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAF? My eye power is -2.75

I have an eye power of -2.75. Am I eligible for iaf

31st July 2014, 10:46 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAF? My eye power is -2.75

Candidate can be a part of any of the three branches of the Airforce after completing your graduation, Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duties Branch. Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is by far the biggest exam conducted for entry into the IAF. Candidates after appearing for the written test has to undergo (AFSB)SSB . The written test is same for all the candidates irrespective of the Branch Applied i.e. Flying, Technical or Ground Duties. Age should be between 19-23 Years and aspiring candidates has to be Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) and should scored Minimum 60% in all papers put together.
Incase of vision, distant vision should be 6/6 without spectacles and near vision should be N-5 for each eye and color vision can be atleast CP-1(ML T).

Manifest Hypermetropia should not exceed + 2.00 Dsph "Myopia - Nill" and Astigmatism + 0.75 DSph.
Occular Muscle Balance Hetrophoria with the Maddox Rod Test must not exceed:
At 6 meters Exophoria 6 prism Diopters
Esophoria 6 prism Diopters
Hyperphoria 1 prism Diopters
At 33 cm. Exophoria 16 prism Diopters
Esophoria 6 prism Diopters
Hyperphoria 1 prism Diopters

While the vision standards for the Flying Branch in Short Service Commission are as follow:
• Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.
• Manifest Myopia - Nil.
• LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short service Commission (Flying Branch)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?