16th March 2017, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

How to join defence after Mechanical Engineering? What is CDS and UES? Best books for the preparation of it?

Hello sir, I am studying Mechanical engineering and I would like to join defence as a Mechanical engineer. How can I join defense after it? What is CDS and UES? Best books for the preparation of it?

Related Questions:
31st March 2017, 04:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join defence after Mechanical Engineering? What is CDS and UES? Best books for the preparation of it?

UES stands for University Entry Scheme. It is conducted by Indian Army and Navy. Candidates are shortlisted for direct Service Selection Board on basis of percentage of marks upto fifth semester of engineering. If your percentage of marks is more than cut off marks set then you will be called for direct Service Selection board.

On the other hand, CDS is Combined Defence Service. UPSC conducts this exam twice every year. Engineers can apply for this exam in final year for all IMA, INA, AFA, OTA etc. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years, for OTA is 19-25 years etc. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for CDS exam.

Best books for CDS exam:

>>NCERT books for social science and science.

>>Mathematics book of 10th, 11th and 12th.

>>Lucent General knowledge book.

>>Arihant Publication Previous year papers etc.
23rd July 2018, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join defence after Mechanical Engineering? What is CDS and UES? Best books for the preparation of it?

What is the eligibility criteria for CDs?and 3rd year can appear for this exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?