20th August 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after B.Tech?

how to join marchentnevy after b.tech....please tell me the procedure to join it

21st August 2011, 02:32 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to join Merchant Navy after B.Tech?

Merchant Navy !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to join marchentnevy after b.tech....please tell me the procedure to join it
Academic Qualifications :- No matter in which stardard you are in i.e it doesn't matter if you are still in 12th class or have completed Graduation. because Minimum should be 10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Equivalent Examination includes CBSE , ICSE , State Boards As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets.

More Information :-

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.

Physical Requirements

Candidates who apply for Merchant Navy should be physically and mentally fit. The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight, though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/ minus 2.5.

Colour blind people need not apply. The candidate must be immune to sea sickness.& Candidate must have height not less than 150cm, weight should be according to the height.
21st August 2011, 08:32 AM
ASHWANI42092

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after B.Tech?

Dear friend,
There are two sides in merchant through which a candidate can join merchant navy . One side is deck side and other is engine side .If you want to come from deck side then you should be 12th passed and after that you will have to go for bachelor degree in B.Sc nautical science from any recognized college.
You can join merchant navy after completing B.Sc nautical science .
If you want to come from engine side then you should have B.Tech in marine engineering or in mechanical engineering or if you have degree in electrical engineering then you can also join Merchant Navy as electrical officer .If you have completed your B.Tech in any
one of them either Mechanical/Marine or Electrical then you are eligible for Merchant Navy .There are various institute which offers these courses here i am giving the list of some institute which offers these courses which are as follows :-
1]Tolani maritime institute
2] Manet
3]T.S Chanakya
4]Rahaman
5]IMU
6]IMI
7]SIMS
So choose any one institute of your choice and get degree and get job in merchant navy
Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy :-
1]A candidate should be 12th pass with science stream .
2]A candidate should have atleast 55% in Physics ,chemistry , maths .
3] A candidate should have atleast 60 % in English .
4]Should be medically fit .
5] If a candidate wants to come from deck side then he should have 6/6 eyesight .
6]Age limit 18-25 years .
21st August 2011, 09:16 AM
Indrajit1978

I think MERI , Kolkatta is best for you as they recruit graduate and T.S. Chanakya also admits but the admission is based on IIT JEE scorecard.
8th December 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

After b.tech which courses have to be done for joining merchant navy ....
8th January 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

respected sir or mam
good morning sir i have don my b-tech in electronics and communication engineering is i am elegible in merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?