1st August 2012, 06:42 PM
grajaguru61

How many times can a candidate attempt for GATE exam after failure

how many times a candidate has a chance to attempt the gate exam after failure?

4th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many times can a candidate attempt for GATE exam after failure

how many times a candidate has a chance to attempt the gate exam after failure?
4th February 2013, 11:03 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
There is no restriction for giving the GATE examination according to the age perspective. You can give the GATE exam any number of times you want to. The eligibility of giving the GATE exam is that you should be a graduate in engineering and you should be having a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation. By clearing GATE, you can join the IIT for pursuing masters in technology and you can even go on for the job in the government sector.
Gud luck
5th February 2013, 08:19 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs and NITs etc. in India.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree in any stream from a recognised University can apply for GATE. There is no upper age limit to apply for GATE.

There is no restriction to the number of attempts to GATE. So a candidate can appear for GATE as many as times he wishes in his life time.
5th February 2013, 11:43 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

GATE EXAM STANDS FOR GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING.

gate exam is conducted to take admission in m.tech course.

There are no limit of number of attempt and age criteria for the GATE examination so you can appear in the GATE examination at any age and many times according to own wish.

thank you......................
16th October 2013, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

How many times can a candidate attempt for IES
22nd November 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

how many marks i want to secure in gate exam to get seat in NIT warangal????????
29th March 2014, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

I got 29 marks and score is 378 and the rank is 27019 ( machanical and obc category)...is there any chance of getting admission in iit or nit colleges..?? please suggest me...obc cut off is 25.97...
31st March 2014, 08:21 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted once in a year to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course in various colleges across India.

Candidates can also get admission for M.Tech course in prestigious institutions like NITs and IITs through this Exam.

Such an importance is there for this Exam and this is the reason why many of the candidates are applying for this Exam.

You will also get stipend while pursuing M.Tech course through this Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized college.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Engineering course in order to give this Exam.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course can also apply for this Exam.

As per your query,

There is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. One can give this Exam as many times as they wanted.

Moreover there is no upper age limit at all for the candidates to give this Exam.

If you did not get through this Exam for the first time, you don't need to worry. You can crack it in the next year.

The validity of the GATE score is for 2 years in the sense if you have taken GATE Exam for 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score whichever is better for you to get admission for M.Tech course.

Wish you all the best.
31st March 2014, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i score 461 and ranked 5778 in GATE'14 from EE dept. where i can apply?
8th November 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

My 2 mark is 50% and b.tech is 70% .. Am i eligible for take admission in any IIT if i qualifies gate.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?