10th January 2012, 10:55 PM
betrayer

How much percentage I should score to get through PSU services? Is it totally based on GATE percentile?

hey frnds cn u pls tell me tht hw much precentage i should have for appear in psu services or it is totly based on GATE percntile??????????

7th August 2012, 02:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage I should score to get through PSU services? Is it totally based on GATE percentile?

No it is not totally based on the performance in GATE entrace exam. However your score in the GATE entrace exam would play an important role which I would talk about later in the answer.

So you basically want a job in Public Sector Undertaking. Well since it pays well in PSU and not to mention job security, who would not want to get a job in Public Sector Undertakings in India. However it is not as easy as it may think because lakhs of people apply for PSU job every year.

First thing you need to understand is that to get Public Sector Undertaking job you need to complete B.Tech. If you complete the Engineering courses in branches mentioned below, your chances of Public Sector Undertaking job would increase.

Mechanical

Civil

Electrical

Electronics and Communication

These four branches of Engineering are more in demand then any other branches. However it does not mean that there are no jobs for candidates from other branches. You also need at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course to be eligible for job in PSU.

Now please remember that with 60 percent marks you are only eligible to appear in written test conducted by the Public Sector Undertaking for job. If you scored less than 60 percent, you won't be considered for the job. This 60 percent marks requirement is for general category students.

The PSU exam consists of two parts:

1) Written Exam

2) Interview

You will have to perform well in the written exam only after which you would be called for the interview. Your performance in interview would determine whether you will get a job or not.

Now coming to the importance of GATE exam. The advantage of GATE exam is that if you scored well in GATE then PSU may call you for direct interview thus exempting you from appearing in the written exam. Still you would be required to perform well in the interview. This is the advantage of good GATE score. But again you need at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech else there is no point of the GATE score.
11th January 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much percentage I should score to get through PSU services? Is it totally based on GATE percentile?

helo,i am in computer science branch i m giving gate in 2013 ,i want to get a p.s.u job could you please tell me that what is the minnimum marks required for the computer field p.s.u job ??nd on wch subjects i should concentrate the most to get a good rank..please help me
12th August 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

hi i am in electronice and communication branch i want take psu exam plese give me infomation about psu and psc
4th November 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to join PSU's but have not secured 1st class in my BE.Is it possible to join PSU if i do ME/Mtech and get good marks in my PG?please rep me
14th August 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the job opportunity in govt or public sector after getting a good gate score in cs?
19th April 2016, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I did not do my b. Tech in iits, i did my b. Tech in autonomous engineering college, is it worth if i do m. Tech in iits in terms of placements, i heard companies prefer b. Tech guys than m. Tech guys. I am from mechanical.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?