20th May 2012, 03:27 PM
Manthan120738

How much time will I have to study to crack the IIT?

Sir, if i want to crack IIT in one year how much time will i give to study?

27th May 2012, 06:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much time will I have to study to crack the IIT?

If you can dedicate 1-2 hours daily for IIT JEE exam preparation, then you can surely clear the exam. For this, you can prepare for the exam in a systematic manner. Setting up convenient timetable is a good option. Try to practice as much as model questions as possible. Practicing previous years questions is another possible method to crack the test.
5th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Thank you so much mam, but i have still one doubt that i am in 12th standard and i have not much time to prepare for IIT or board exams this year, so what shud i do to get good marks in board and get admission in IIT.
26th September 2012, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class X. Sir i want to ask what should be my learning style to crack IIT in first attempt.
7th November 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11th and i want to crack iit in first time how should i study to give good performance in both cbse and iit entrance
8th November 2012, 07:03 PM
ut4972

Wink Re: How much time will I have to study to crack the IIT?

dear Manthan, i think i can help you because i have also been in your stage

unlike other exams, IIT jee does not need only lots of time and hard work
it requires your practical and conceptual knowlege of subjects

but as you have asked, i would suggest at least 2.5 hours of self study per day if u attend any coaching & 5-6 hours in other case
as well as u must be attentive during your classes in school and coaching

i would also suggest you to join some renowned coaching institute nearby

""try to concentrate only on study when u are studying""
AVOID LISTENING TO MUSIC

all the best
6th January 2013, 12:42 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How much time will I have to study to crack the IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manthan120738 View Post
Hi

IIT JEE is the Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted by the IIT's for the intake of students for the various B.Tech programs which they have on offer in various IIT Campuses across the country. Its the toughest Under graduate Entrance in the country and so a lot of aspirants prepare for it day night.

Talking of your query, I would say that how much time you should devote to the IIT JEE studies would depend on your grasping capacity. How well you understand things, learn them, grasp the, can use them for application, and other such factors. However as you may know IIT JEE can only be attempted by the Science students. So you have to have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects.

Talking of MATHEMATICS AT First, I would say master the NCERT Books first. They are you bible for the boards as well as the IIT JEE. After you know them in out question wise, then you can move on to the RD Sharma books and other reference IIT JEE Maths materials. You have to know that practice would make you perfect. A daily 2-3 hours of MATHS Practice is needed to master the IIT JEE Level Maths.

Next the Chemistry part is easy if you look at the Physical and In Organic sections. You only have to mug them up on DAILY BASIS and also do not forget to revise them regularly. It has been seen that IIT JEE Chemistry questions come directly from the NCERT many times. So learn it up very well. For the Organic, you have to get tutions, get help from teachers or read more books to understand the concepts and then apply them.

Physics is tough if you consider the IIT JEE Level. Your concepts should be really clear if you are to excel in it. You have to devote a minimum 2-3 hours for this subject as well if you are to get scoring marks in this as well. Try starting with the NCERT and then you can do with the Resnik Heliday, Erodov problems, and H.C Verma books for reference.

I would say in total daily 8-10 hours of deep study is required to crack the IIT JEE.

All the best
REGARDS
RANJEET
22nd March 2013, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i am in 12 class and i want to know how much time should we give to our board preparation and for iit preparations to crack iit??
29th April 2013, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Huv much time will i have study 2 crack the the msc electronics
30th April 2013, 02:29 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manthan120738 View Post
HI!
Friend this is common question ask by every Candidate.
Friend you know yourself better then other so you have to decide that how much you have to study.

Friend you make you time table and you follow that you will get success.

You give more time to study the subject in which you are week.

Read each and ever concept and understand the concept.
Practice maths and physics question.

ALL THE BEST!
15th June 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

How much mark % required to sit in the entrance exam of iit?
7th August 2013, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

sir i am average in maths and iam unable to do the problems faster iam not understandin the concepts also and even i don't have any confidene in me all my parents and relatives are saying mpc is waste for you you can't do it but i want to crack iit jee please help me what should i do now iam in 11th standard please suggest me some references and help me i will be very much thankful to you please . thank you
27th September 2014, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir i waz in 12 bt due 2 certain circumstances i have to study 11th again..so m in 11th nw nd i have covered my 60% 12th board portion i have 2o take admsn in IIT..nd ready 2 do evry hardwork ..sir plz sugest me how should i begin for 100% IIT..its a humble rqst
20th October 2014, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir please tell type of questions asked in all 3 subjects and the topics like theoritical questions from this topic, numerical from this.... . .,..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?