31st July 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for defence service in India Army after qualifying 12th?

I qualified 10+2.I want to prepair of defance service in indian army.how?

4th August 2012, 09:22 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for defence service in India Army after qualifying 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I qualified 10+2.I want to prepair of defance service in indian army.how?
Since you have qualified 10+2 examination, you may write NDA Examination to join the Indian Army. The NDA Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for admission of candidates into the Army, Air Force as well as Naval Wing of National Defense Academy.

In addition to being qualified 10+2 examination, one must be within the age limit of 16.5 to 19 years to be considered eligible for the NDA Examination.

The examination is conducted two times a year and the notification for the same is published on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.

Once you have the passed the NDA Examination, you will need to be trained at the National Defense Academy for three years. Upon successful completion of training program, you will be appointed as an officer of the Indian Army.
11th April 2013, 10:33 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for defence service in India Army after qualifying 12th?

Dear There,

yes, you are eligible for Indian Army.

First of all, I would like to inform you that to join defence service, you will have to appear for NDA(National Defence Academy) examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice every year in the months of April and August as NDA-I and NDA-II.

NDA examination is conducted for these three wings:-

* Indian Army.

* Indian Navy.

* Indian Air Force.

The eligibility criteria required for the Indian Army are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with Arts and Commerce for Indian Army from any accredited board.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Sex:- Male.

* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

NDA examination syllabus:-

NDA examination pattern:-

11th April 2013, 05:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard, one can join Defence Service through cracking NDA(National Defence Academy) entrance exam conducted twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II by UPSC for an entry in to Indian Army, navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?