10th November 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

How to Prepare for GATE Exam?

i am doing 2nd year b.tech [pharmaceutical technology]in anna university , chennai.
i want to write gate exam . when i can write? how can i study for this?

10th November 2010, 09:09 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to Prepare for GATE Exam?

first of all take coaching for the same gate exam they will give you the information from the root to every branch of GATE

SO ...GOOD GATE COACHING INSTITUTES ARE
CAREER LAUNCHER
AND..
TIMES

SO GO THROUH IT
AND..
best of luck for the same

regards
~~
10th November 2010, 09:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

careful study in graduation easily can give you success in GATE.

in the GATE examination question come from the basic knowledge of your subject. whatever you will study try to read the fundamental concept of the topic. then easily you will be able to solve the multiple choice question. collect the syllabus and try to study the whole syllabus before appearing in the GATE examination. give special trace on mathematics part and in aptitude part. if you can secure good marks from mathematics and aptitude part then it will be very easy for you to clear the GATE examination. to be prepared for GATE you may also join in good coaching center.

you should appear in GATE examination in your third year. now GATE score is valid for two years. if you appear in the examination in your third year of your graduation then you will be able to take admission using this result after completion of your graduation. so appear in third year and also in fourth year. and try to take admission after your graduation using the best scorecard among the two.
4th February 2011, 03:03 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Its a good thing that you are going for GATE exam.The books you can refer for preparation of gate exam are

1.R.S.Agarwal
2.J.S.sinha.

The syllabus is fully based on you course in B.E that you did,so don't worry you can make it through.Its aptitude exam.

All the best.
22nd February 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

tricks for clearing gate exam in pharmaceutical technology
23rd February 2011, 10:40 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to Prepare for GATE Exam
-similarity of papers is more between CSE and ECE
-you should bye GK-publication book for GATE syllabus, and prev.yr quest.
-Syllabus, study material and the previous GATE question papers
-gate score from this year is taken out of 100.
from any department,minimum score is 25/100.
forms comes in feb,exams in april
one stop at gate is a good forum to learn all these about the sample papers

good luck
24th February 2011, 12:50 PM
priya2242

Location: QR.NO-2RB-6/2,KALPANA FLAT,BHUBANESWAR-751014,ORISSA

How to Prepare for GATE Exam
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GATE=GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGG.

PREPARATION FOR GATE EXAM NEEDS MAX. 6 MONTHS REGOROUS PREPARATION

U NEED TO HAVE CLEAR CONCEPTION IN YOUR 8 BRANCH SUBJECTS

U NEED TO FOLLOW R.K KANODIA WHICH IS THE BEST BOOK UP TO THE MARK FOR GATE LEVEL

HOME PREPERATION IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT,COACHING CLASSES WOULD BE PREFERABLE BECAUSE U CAN COVER MORE TOPICS U LIMITED PERIOD.

ONLY PREPARATION NOT ESSENTIAL BUT TIMELY PREPARATION IS VERY MUCH NECESSARY

IF U WILL JOIN IN COACHING CLASS U CAN HAVE TIMELY PREPARATION

U WILL GET MATERIALS WHICH ARE VERY ESSENTIAL BECAUSE READING BOOK WON'T MAKE U IN TIME FOR PRAPARATION ,UCAN COVER UP YOUR SYLLABUS

GO THROUGH THE SYLLABUS VERY CAREFULLY HAVE A GOOD PLAN HOW MANY TIME REQUIRE FOR INDIVISUAL PAPER AND HOW DEPTH

GATE RANK IS VALID FOR TWO YRS SO PREPARE URSELF FROM 3RD YR SO THAT U CAN MEET THE LEVEL OF IIT

IF U HAVE ANY PROBLEM IN PREVIOUS YEAR U CAN MAKE IT CORRECT IN THE NEXT YEAR SO THAT IN FINAL YEAR U CAN HAVE A GOOD SCORE AND U SHOULDN'T HAVE WAIT FOR ANOTHER ONE YEAR PREPARATION

GATE EXAM DON'T TEST HOW MUCH U HAVE COVER UP RATHER HOW DEPYH U HAVE GONE THROUGH IN RESPECTIVE PAPERS

MATHEMATICS IS VERY VITAL DON'T NEGLACT IT BECAUSE U CAN FIND EASY QUESTIONS FROM MATHS

MULTIPLE QUESTION ARE ASKED IN GATE EXAM SO PRAPARE FOR THAT

TIME MANAGEMENT IS VARY ESSENTIAL KEEP IN MIND

BOOKS:

R.K KANODIA

G.K

RESPACTIVE BRANCH PAPER BOOKS

IF U WILL GO THROUGH THE ABOVE MENTIONED STEPS THEN NO DOUBT U CAN SCORE A GOOD RANK(FOR IIT) U CAN HAVE A NICE TECHNICAL FUTURE AHEAD

NICE TO ANSWER U
28th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

if any one wants help regarding GPAT,its study material and 20 ys solved papers n all ,contact me at [email protected]
11th June 2011, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM
31st October 2011, 10:52 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Well other the GATE following few entrance were there for getting into M.Tech degree courses:-

PGEEE by IIIT, Hydrabad

TANCET by Anna University and other supporting colleges in Tamil Nadu

Entrance conducted by BITS for admission into its ME courses however it accept GATE scores but also conducts entrance for candidates having passed any degree from BITS.

ETC...

But bad news is that you have lost the opportunity for all of them because not only application are over but entrance also. TANCET is going to be held on 29th and 30th of May.

So, better next time be cautious and go through GATE.
2nd November 2012, 04:39 PM

"A good thought , a good approach with a freshen mind can tackle any obstacles with an ease " ...... keeping this in mind ..... if you have been more curious towards your technical paper studies during your graduation time ...... then only a cumbersome practise and a rather test series can make your GATE results awesome .....
Some of the institutes offerimg test series either online or offline are( alongwith the GATE materials) are :

1. Gateforum -- www.gateforum.com
2. www.engineersinstitute.com
3. Made Easy -- www.madeeasy.in
4. ACE academy --www.aceenggacademy.com

and many more...................
All the best for the future ~!!!!!!!
8th November 2012, 10:43 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
For GATE it is better that you take up some coaching. They will teach you how to approach the subjects in a far better method. You will on your behalf have to organize the routine of your study and give similar attention to all the subjects. If possible keep a 2 hour revision time everyday to recap the subjects studied already. You have to not only learn the subjects but understand them analytically so that you can answer the objective type questions well. Since you said that you are from chennai, you can go for coaching centers like Brilliant Tutorial or ISPACE,etc.
7th June 2013, 01:23 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

GATE exam preparation requires atleast 6-7 months in general ( actually depends on candidates ).
GATE exams are conducted every year on 2nd sunday of Febraury.
January should be kept for revision.

So in general you should start your preparation from July.
its not mandatory to join any coaching class but they cover topics on time. Also you would have ease to mock series and good material

All the best
7th June 2013, 01:28 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

GATE preparation generally takes 6-7 months.
GATE exams are conducted every year on 2nd sunday of February.

January should be kept for revision. So you should start you preparation by July.
Its not mandatory to join any coaching class but with coaching class you would be able to cover the entire syllabus on time and will have ease to mock series and good material.

All the best
9th June 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my pharmaceutical technology...
On which course i should do my GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?