23rd April 2013, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS preliminary exam? I am a student of final year

i m a student of final year. i want to know that how should i prepare for ias preliminary exams. and also i want to know about the books and sample papers .plase tell me . which poet books and sample papers gud for me.

30th April 2013, 01:15 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS preliminary exam? I am a student of final year

Preparation for IAS preliminary exam:
  • One important thing that candidates should keep in mind is that since the time between the Main Exam and the declaration of result of the Preliminary Exam is very less, it is advisable to begin preparations of the Main Exam along with the Preliminary Exam.
  • The General Studies paper covers the following areas:</SPAN>

General Science; Current events of national and international importance; History of India; World Geography; Indian Polity and Economy; Indian National Movement; General Mental Ability.
  • For general knowledge and objective-type questions, refer to General Knowledge Refresher by O.P. Khanna. For General Mental Ability and current affairs, it is advisable to read The Competition Master regularly.
  • It may be advisable to join a coaching institute so that one keeps in touch with other students and discuss issues with them. It is important, however, to select a good institute. However, one can be successful by self-study also.</SPAN>
You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

ALL THE BEST!!!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?