16th February 2011, 12:10 PM
Ishwarya9

How to prepare for IAS for a student not good at core subjects from Electronics and Telematics background?

I have applied for IES exam
I am not that good my core subjects
I am from electronics and telematics background
so how do i start my preparation?
I have heard that only if u have passed in paper 1 ,paper 2 will be evaluated..
Is that true?

Related Questions:
16th February 2011, 04:21 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS for a student not good at core subjects from Electronics and Telematics background?

according to me you should join in any of the good coaching firms providing coaching for the IAS ........
and ya it is true that when you pass in the paper 1 and paper 2 then only your next evaluation will be done........
16th February 2011, 04:39 PM
nikhilesh005

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS for a student not good at core subjects from Electronics and Telematics background?

if you wants to clear IAS firstly you must quite determinant about it secondly it is not compulsory to fight IAS with engineering subjects you can choose any subjects form the following subjects and you are eligible for it, for better preparations you should join coaching classes which helps you by providing accurate study material,updated syallbus and schema's by UPSC and i suggest you to have a time-table for your studies and follow it properly.
This exam is conducted in two stage first is PRELIMINARY if you qualify it only then you will be eligible for mains examination.
so BEST OF LUCK-------
16th February 2011, 05:05 PM
aryapooja

in IAS,u have to choose a subject from your core only..
other subjects are indian history,politics,gk etc..
so the core subject in which u r having slightly better catch up..choose that
and concentrate on it.
18th February 2011, 04:52 PM
Ishwarya9

M so sorry
Its not IAS..
ITS IES(Indian Engineering services)
I ve posted my ques as IES only ..
27th March 2011, 06:42 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS for a student not good at core subjects from Electronics and Telematics background?

Even though you're not good at your core subjects you can improve with willpower if your really want to get into IES

IAS is more tougher than IES so think about it..

coming to preparation

Each and every personnel will have their own style of preparation...

so you should follow your own style..

I can only just suggest you some tips how to prepare..

->first strongly determine that you're going to get a rank in the coming exam

->do research on syllabus pattern and paper pattern

->sit for preparation before 6 months (If you're average student like me)

or else 3 months is sufficient.

->make your preparation plan in to three parts

->part 1 total syllabus

->part 2 revision of total syllabus

->part 3 practice tests of three parts..

->finally attempt your exams with confidence

thats all if your are perfect in planning and implementation you will get a good rank according to your desire.

best regards

~aditya~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?