6th April 2012, 06:28 PM

How should I apply for IAS exam after completing B.A?

After completing my graduation(B.A) in Literature shall i apply for the IAS exam?

6th June 2012, 09:27 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I apply for IAS exam after completing B.A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
After completing my graduation(B.A) in Literature shall i apply for the IAS exam?
After the completion of the bachelors degree program from a recognized University in any discipline, candidates are eligible for the the Civil Service Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission [UPSC]. These exams are conducted every year for recruitment of IAS Officers, IPS Officer and other civil service assistants. The minimum age limit to appear in the exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

The exam comprises of two stage of written examination and an Interview.
The written examination is based on the following subject areas:
  • General Studies
  • Civil Service Aptitude Test
  • English
  • Essay Writing
  • One Indian Regional Language
Beside this, there is also provision for optional subjects in the second stage of the written examination where candidates may select any two subjects depending upon the individuals expertise into particular fields.

For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?