9th September 2012, 09:55 AM
sakibchaudhary

How should I become an IPS officer?

could u please tell me how could i become one...thanks for the details

15th September 2012, 10:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakibchaudhary View Post
could u please tell me how could i become one...thanks for the details
IPS stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS Officer, you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination just after completing Graduation course from a recognized University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year in these two stages:

=> Preliminary examination
=> Main examination

IPS officers got a job in Police Departments, jobs like Director of Intelligence Bureau, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police etc.

To apply for this examination, you must have completed your Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

If you have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years then you are eligible for this examination, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Firstly you have to appear for the Preliminary examination and this examination is objective with negative marking. There are two papers in this examination and after clear this examination you are eligible for main examination.

Mains exam consist nine descriptive papers, You have to select two optional subjects *for four papers. You have to choose two optional subject according to your interest.

The Notification of civil services examination is going to be Published soon in the month of February next year and for more details you can check the official websites of UPSC.
15th September 2012, 10:54 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Default Re: How should I become an IPS officer?

If you want to become a IPS Officer,You have to take All India Civil Service Exam.

If you want to take All India Civil Service Exam,You should satisfy eligibility Criteria for this Exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualifications:Any Graduate from recognized University can eligible to apply for this Exam,Final year students of Graduation also can eligible

Age Limits: Minimum Age require to apply for this Exam is 21 years of age can eligible to apply for these posts

Maximum age for General Category Candidates is 30 years of age,for Backward Category Candidates is 33 years of age ,SC/ST Candidates is 35 years of age

Physical Standards

Height :

Minimum height for Males 165 CM ,Females-150CM for General Category Candidates.

Other than General Category Candidates 160CM for Male and 145CM for Female Candidates for Minimum Height require

Chest:
Chest Males Minimum 84 CM,Should be expandable up to 5CM

Chess Females 79,Should be expandable up to 5CM

Selection Procedure:

Step-I Preliminary Exam

Step-II Mains Exam

Step-III Interview

These three steps involve in selection procedure of IPS Officers Exam

Detailed Information about Preliminary Exam

Preliminary Exam:

Paper-I is General Studies

Paper-II is Civil Service Aptitude Test

How to Prepare for Exam:

First you have to start your preparation with preliminary Exam,If you qualified in Preliminary Exam,You can Eligible for Mains Exam

For General Studies ,You have to cover following topics those are as follows

Economy
Polity
History
Geography
Current Affairs
Ecology,Environment,Bio-Diversity
General Science

These are important topics for preparation of General Studies

You have to make a Good Time Table and Revision is very essential for Civil Service Exam

You have to refer more than one references to know the Basics of any concept

Very Useful Magazines:

Competition Success Review Magazine

Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine

These above two magazines very useful for your preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?