14th August 2011, 01:59 PM
gopichand095

Can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech 3rd year?

Quote: am gopi am studying b.tech 3rd year can i join indian army now? is this possible

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech from Mechanical Stream in 3rd year? Procedure to join Indian Army? I have scored 70%
  2. How can I join Indian Army after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year? How much salary can I get?
  3. How can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  4. Am I able to join Army being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering with an aggregate of 58%?
  5. Can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech 3rd year?
  6. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army?
  7. How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  9. How to join Indian Army for 3rd year? I am a 3rd year E&TC student
  10. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army? -- [New]
  11. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  12. What is the procedure ot be followed to join Army? I am a student of 3rd year pursuing B.Com
  13. Can I join Indian Army after B.Tech?
  14. Can I apply for Indian army before completion of my B.Tech? What's the exam which will I face to enter in to army? What's the package offered by army for technical engineers?
  15. What Preparation that I should have to take to join Army as a technical field officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  16. Can I get a job in Navy, Indian Army and IAF after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year with computer science
  17. Doing B.E(ECE) :How to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to join Indian Army being a candidate at an age of 20 years and appearing for 3rd year BA course?
14th August 2011, 04:29 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003
Default Re: Can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopichand095 View Post
Quote: am gopi am studying b.tech 3rd year can i join indian army now? is this possible
Yes you can join Indian Army after 3rd year

Best Wishes
14th August 2011, 06:47 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

As an Indian Army Engineer, you could be a part of any of the three elite corps of Engineers,
  • Bombay Spares
  • Madras Engineers
  • Bengal Engineers.

Two Options available

a) Permanent Commission
b) Short Service Commission

In short service Commission you can serve for 5 years and have an option to quit the army.
you can apply following ways

1.)Technical Entry Graduates IMA exam mostly held in January and July and age should be 20 to 27 Years and mode of selection is Direct SSB..
2.)SS Commission not fixed and after completion of b.tech chech with related dates in employement news.
3.)OTA –Technical Entry held in May and Oct/ Nov and age should be between 19 to 25 and mode is Direct SSB
all the best!!!
14th August 2011, 07:17 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Yes of course you can join Indian army after doing B.tech by qualifying CDS exam and there is an another way for this that is campus selection in Indian army and after both this way you have to pass SSB and by clearing SSB you can join Indian army.
14th August 2011, 07:25 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech 3rd year?

To join in Indian Army you must clear any of the two exams conducted by NDA academy and Combined Defense Service.

For appearing for NDA the educational Qualifications required is

(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :-

12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :-

12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For appearing in CDS exam the educational Qualifications required is

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

I can advice you to appear for CDS exam and clear it so that you can enter into the Indian Army as an officer itself.
14th August 2011, 09:48 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply in INDIAN ARMY in technical field for the post of engg. through SSB and through SSC.

About SSB exam

The exam conducts twice a year and vacancies is as notified.

For this exam age should be between 20-27 .

Exam date is likely to be march/april and sep/oct.

About SSC exam

This exam also conducts twice a year and vacancies is 50.Notification comes in employement news and leading daily news paper.

For this exam age should be between 20-27.

Exam date likely to be dec/jan and june/july.
15th August 2011, 04:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I join Indian Army while pursuing B.Tech 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopichand095 View Post
Hey friend,

Yeah you can apply for the exam,by pursuing b.tech

The possibilities of getting into Indian army is by writing the entrance exam like NDA, CDS exam

For doing this exam you must have some basic eligibility criterias and they may include:

NDA(National Defence Academy) which is conducted for candidates joining in Indian army, Navy, airforce..

As you asked for the information regarding army the criterias which you must possess are :

Eligibility:

Candidates must be a citizen of India

Candidates must have a age limit of 16 1/2 -19 years

Candidates who are appearing for the exam must be a unmarried male candidate

You must have finish +2 from a recognized board

CDS(Common Defence Academy) which is a defence service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

For this you must have have the qualification like:

The candidate be a citizen of India.

The candidate must be a unmarried male candidate.

The candidates must have a age limit of 19-24 years.

The candidate must have degree from a recognized university for joining in Indian Army.

For more information regarding both the exams you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th September 2011, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

i m a b.tech. Computer science & engg. 3rd year student and i want indian navy how can be done it is?
24th November 2011, 07:03 PM
m.khushhal

You will face pre SSB first if you clear this you will face SSB at the SSB Centers.. The exam conducts twice a year and vacancies is as notified.For this exam age should be between 20-27 .Exam date is likely to be march/april and sep/oct.For notification kindly check Employment Newspaper and Leading National Newspaper.There are many ways of earning commission as an officer in indian Armed Forces, both for civilians (after 10+2, graduation, post graduation), as well as for serving personnel.
There is no limit on the number of attempts that can be made .
Selection process:
Screening test
Psychology tests
GTO tasks
Conference
If you clear all these rounds then only you will get job.
28th April 2012, 05:20 PM
sachin c.s

Default How to join indain army while pursuing BE(ECE) 3rd year?

sir,this is sachin c.s.,studying 3rd year BE(ECE) at MIT,mysore.I would like to serve as the best officer in INDIAN ARMY.My native is coorg and both my grandfathers served for INDIAN ARMY one as captain and other as sepoy,I have reasonable height and personality,can u please describe me the procedure to join INDIAN ARMY....please I'm really interested to serve my country..JAI HIND!!
29th November 2021, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian army while perusing b tech in mechatronic engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?